It's that time againnnn, predictions for the December STOG

By Bloodrunstrue, in UFS General Discussion

Antigoth said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

I love how, like another fellow Canadian, you're more than willing to be eloquent, appropriate, and otherwise likeable on the forum

Thanks for the compliment

MarcoPulleaux said:

yet your real-life visage is piss poor, and you display the image of an impatient, egotistical sore loser who doesn't smile.

I have integrity. At the end of the day, if I pretended to be your friend, and respect you to your face, when that is absolutely not true, would mean that I have no integrity at the end of the day.

First, I'm kind of sick of you trying to label Canadians, this is the second time you've 'grouped' us - I'm not Antigoth and he isn't me, we share little to no similarities 'because' we are Canadian. Just as I'm sure no one would want to be branded 'like Shinji' , Antigoth surely doesn't enjoy being branded as 'like anyone else'. You can use names, we won't sick our polar bears on you.

Second, I'm with Brian on this. I can't pretend to like someone, let alone respect them, when they have a long history in (my eyes) of disrespecting others in any stream of communication, the forums being one that is important to me and is important to a game I highly enjoy.

- dut

MarcoPulleaux said:

And finally, sir, before you go and criticize one's conduct or effect on the community, you really ought to take your own conduct into consideration. I love how, like another fellow Canadian, you're more than willing to be eloquent, appropriate, and otherwise likeable on the forum, yet your real-life visage is piss poor, and you display the image of an impatient, egotistical sore loser who doesn't smile.

wut. It can't be like me because we never met dude.

RayLancer said:

Was August the last SOTG posted? Thats the only one I see pinned.

No they just got lazy and stopped sticking the post to the top like they should be.......

Can you all please stop the insulting and the bitching? ALL OF YOU.

Appreciate it. Back on topic now.

guitalex2008 said:

Can you all please stop the insulting and the bitching? ALL OF YOU.

Appreciate it. Back on topic now.

wait...isn't this the internet?

Stop insulting and bitching....on the internet? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Smazzurco said:

wait...isn't this the internet?

Stop insulting and bitching....on the internet? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Don't know what where you thinking?

Antigoth said:

When my opponent refuses to follow turn order of the game.
Refused to believe me when I point out how he's playing his turn incorrectly.
Is refusing to fulfill card effects in mandatory order to try and draw more cards into hand then turn effect will allow.
Then sits there and says "But it's too late, there's no way to rectify me drawing these cards out of order."

Wow, just because you lost 2-0 doesn't mean you need to LIE. I didn't REFUSE to acknowledge effect order, because if I did, when Hata came over and gave the ruling, I'd ignore him and get issued a game loss and possibly disqualification.

Also, that's pretty pathetic that you still let that **** get to you. Okay, so shame on me for failing to understand the simple process of what comes first when dealing with two effects. However, even Hata was there to basically say "it doesn't really matter", and seeing as how you lost that exact turn, having a 7 card hand versus having a 6 card hand made absolutely no difference.

I'm not asking for your respect, I'm asking you to stop with unnecessary insults which you repeatedly hurl in my direction. There are people I very clearly dislike, but I don't just throw their name into things to bolster my point. That's not only insulting, but it also makes me look stupid and petty, like I have an axe to grind.

Also, notice how your main problem with me relates to 1 match we had, yet my main problem with you relates to your inappropriate conduct at Worlds. Brett Hillman, formerly known as Archimedes, told me at Steak and Shake, "Next year, I will neither room with nor join teams with Antigoth ever again".

However, despite the fact that I have a negative impression of you, I don't randomly throw your name into my threads to push my argument or to bring you down.

Just asking for the same treatment. You don't have to like me, you don't have to respect me, and you can continue to have your gears grinded by your failure to plan on Ira-Spinta eating your deck alive. But, all I can ask is simply that you don't mention my name UNLESS it's in reference to a thread I posted, or something. Failure to do so simply makes you look like a ****, and if you had proper empathy, you'd understand.

MarcoPulleaux said:

well, time to weigh-in on the matters at hand...

#1) So, the thread is about predicting the December state of the game address. Umm...am I the only one who knows what day it is? Frankly, State of the Game addresses ought to be published in the same fashion of paying rent: at the end of the month. Why? Because that gives them time to, y'know, observe the actual month and act accordingly. Of course, I feel there's plenty to discuss having skipped a month's "rent" so to speak, but the point remains, you guys appear to be expecting something when we're not even a full 7 days into the month. Also, I'm sure they're busy finalizing whatever they're busy with because I'm pretty certain they're going to get yet another holiday break this month.

Wasn't there a time where we got a SOTG at or around the first business day of the month, and it addressed the previous month, as well as talked about what to expect in coming month(s). I think it should be either the start or end of the month, but w/in a couple of business days of the roll over either way. It doesn't have to be huge or anything... especially this time of year when not much is going on. *cough*New Set?!?!?*cough*

I expect the same thing :)

We'll see.

aslum said:

I personally want one precisely because there's stuff going on (new set, other types of tournaments coming soon), etc.

I just want to know what the next set is going to be(Please no Shadowar/Tekken/SoulCal!). Is it going to be a base set?

Shinji,

Please get over the fact that you beat me in a match. Congratulations. You beat me. I lost. I admit, I got rolled by you 2-0 in tournament.

The fact that when we sat down at the table, and I asked you if you were online, to see if you would admit to being Shinji in public, and you denied being "someone on the forums." Later on when I admited that I was aware you were Shinji, you cowered and cringed. At the end of the day my opinion of you has been based on your ongoing behaviour on the forums. That is all I have to base my opinion of you on. When I met you in person, you lied, played poorly, and did nothing to disuade me that your online personality is anything different from your real personality. (You just don't have the integrity / balls to behave in public as you do online.)

Yes, my AYB lost to I-Spin. I'm well aware that it was a weakness. That's how I lost to Kohls at PotM. My AYB was there for one purpose, to take down other mill decks. It did exactly that. (Waves at Shaneth & Goo - Thanks for having the mill-offs with me guys!) It's also the reason why I played Sagat the next day.

Arch no longer participates in the forums. It's really not fair to bring him up. If he no longer wishes to team with me and Seth, that's his choice. He didn't have to room with us. When he showed up at my room on Wednesday night of Gencon, and said "I have no where else to stay, can I stay with you?" We said yes. If he has issues that we gave him a place to stay when he had no other room to crash in, then so be it. However he's not here to defend himself, so that really is unfair.

Shinji - You are a forum troll. You were banned how many times on the STG site? Look at Escarraguy who is also a Forum troll challenging you to see who the ultimate UFS forum troll is. That says something. (Funnier yet that he managed to be stupid enough to get himself banned before you could even respond)

The fact is that every time since Gencon that I have disagreed with you, or called you on something, you have instead attacked me and called me a poor looser. Rather then discussing the issue at hand you instead use a felacious argument, and attack rather then discussing. Because you hang on beating me as your claim to fame, and your way to counter any rational discussion I attempt to have with you, that only reaffirms in my eyes that you are a forum troll. Dude... I've lost a lot. At Can Nats this year I managed a fantastic 1 win out of all the rounds I played. If you think I can't handle losing - trust me, I don't claim to be one of the top players for UFS. I just like playing the game.

I can stand up here, and say confidently that I treated you with the respect that you deserved when I played you at Team Worlds. Please understand that treatment was based on your posts and behaviour prior to me meeting you at Gencon. *Please note* I am not denying how I treated you in person.

I am not denying that I treated you with no respect what so ever.

I'm just calling you a forum troll. I've called you a forum troll before Gencon. I will call you a forum troll in the future until you stop being one.

The fact that you are going on the attack after being called a forum toll, rather then just laughing it off, and moving on says something.

At this point, I will go back to ignoring your posts as I have chosen to do for the most part.

If you wish to continue this conversation email me at my username @ gmail.com

Lets stop cluttering the message boards with crap that others have clearly stated they don't want to read.

Such ******* lies.

Such

LIES

The problem here is that you're abitrarily being an *******.

EMail? Why should I? You just posted a nice essay that was nothing more than a work of fiction. Almost nothing you wrote about just now actually happened, and truly goes to show just what a grudge you bear against me. I've seen people sling some low blows, but you literally just make things up for the sole purpose of public degradation. Wow, I'd love to be that pathetic, to just sit on Microsoft Word and write a bunch of lies that look somewhat like they could pass as fact.

I'm done. You're clearly not going to correct your behavior, as you yourself already said, "I will always call you a troll until you stop being one."

I've never been one, and at least I have the dignity to know I'm a good person, as just about everybody at GenCon and Dallas Regs learned. Almost 95% of everything I say, both online and in person, is a joke meant for the sole purpose of making people laugh (also known as "humor" and "comedy". Are you aware of what those two words mean?). Most everybody learned that, and furthermore, whether agree or disagree, many people, be it Kohls, Bittner, DaiAndOh, etc, know that I can provide an accurate, intelligent, educated argument, and admit when I'm wrong (like when I admitted to DaiAndOh that I was unaware Marth had more tournament victories in Melee than Fox).

It didn't take more than 2 seconds for everybody to know who I was, and it didn't take that long for most others to learn that, when I post here, it's either comedy, a joke, and/or something to not be taken seriously, OR, it's a very well thought-out experience-based post. You're confusing me, a frequently blunt, honest, and real person, with an online troll. Sorry to hear you're so filled with vindictivity and writing works of fantasy and fiction to be able to tell the difference.

In the last episode...

Brian : Anecdote.
Shinji : YOU LIE!
Brian : No you and I am done talking to you.
Shinji : NO U AND I AM DONE TALKING TO YOU.

At least that's what it looks like on my end. Anyone else care to comment?

Homme Chapeau said:

In the last episode...

Brian : Anecdote.
Shinji : YOU LIE!
Brian : No you and I am done talking to you.
Shinji : No

Fixed

Just a quick QU, although I know there's no point in asking:

Has anybody here asked Hata or Horvath about SOTG? That isn't exactly a confidential subject.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Has anybody here asked Hata or Horvath about SOTG? That isn't exactly a confidential subject.

Being one of the many with no direct lines to them, I'll say no. I have however tossed an e-mail for a local situation.

BTW : I had you yelling because there's PASSION~ in your posts.

Homme Chapeau said:

BTW : I had you yelling because there's PASSION~ in your posts.

No

*sigh* I slightly feel obligated to call them on the forum's behalf (I'm also curious about when we're gonna get new avatars and ShadoWar bios), but then again, I also remembered, y'know, just waiting.

Ender Dragon said:

Wow, I don't even get the feeling that Hata cares anymore. He already has the green light on his own game for FFG, and, according to my sources, he is not touching UFS until his game is ready. (Again, this is just what I am hearing from a few people who talk to James.)

He hasn't got a green light for his own game (he seemed confused when I mentioned this to him); he's working on another of FFG's games because quite frankly, after working one year in the company, it's a luxury to only be designing for one game. When that set is released, which is going to be really soon, he will go back to UFS.

Conspiracy theories suck.

So if you're a large source on all things Hata...

...when's the SOTG? =D

MarcoPulleaux said:

So if you're a large source on all things Hata...

...when's the SOTG? =D

It's like you read my mind. I was asking him just now, waiting for an answer.

It's not that I'm the biggest source of all things Hata, but I do tend to bother him every day when I'm bored at work lol

...make sure to ask him when we're getting new UFS avatars and ShadoWar bios! =D

MarcoPulleaux said:

...make sure to ask him when we're getting new UFS avatars and ShadoWar bios! =D

I have spoken with both Steve and James since Dec 1.

Both are incredibly busy with meetings and other deadlines. To the point where what I discussed with Steve, he asked me to send him an email so he would remember to include it in the SOTG.

It is only Dec 8.

With the volume of business that the Holiday Sale generates, one or both are often pulled away from whatever they're doing to help fill orders, and get the purchases out ASAP so they can be received before Xmas.

I'm not suspecting we'll see the SOTG until the end of this week at the earliest.

About the SotG, Steve is in charge of that; Hata doesn't know. Someone go bother Steve now lol

edit: Sort of ninja'd.