It's that time againnnn, predictions for the December STOG

By Bloodrunstrue, in UFS General Discussion

Why do we need a predictions thread about the SOTG? Steve/James is going to come in here, and let us know that is there is going to be errata at the very least, and we all know that the card is going to be Pavilion. Expect that at the very least, and nothing more.

MarcoPulleaux said:

...and then everybody went and played off-symbol foundations, completely disproving my point, and was a key factoring to allowing Gaki's ban.

Actually, the key factor to Gaki getting banned was how efficiently and unstoppably it enabled infinite loops with its constant re-readying stuff.

The off-symbol jankery was just cute fluff, the broken was the continuous ability. lol

And there are still people to this day (LOL ALEX) that ***** about Hugo's banning.

edit: I think the one key point with POTM and the reason it will NOT get banned or errataed is that it helps ensure that games will continue to end in a timely manner, as well as encouraging people to run some form of asset hate to prevent it. It's one of the few truly strong trump cards any deck can run to best defensive decks. As long as we don't see too many other really beefy damage buffs show up (which we haven't yet), POTM is fine.

Antigoth said:

Awaken said:

call me crazy....i dont think any of those cards need touched at all...except maybe the terrain one...just think if they get touched then you people will have nothing to ***** about

Actually... no. History has proven that no matter what gets fixed, someone will find something to complain about. Then everyone rallies around them. It's quite innane actually.

This

10 this

TripsEX said:

Why do we need a predictions thread about the SOTG? Steve/James is going to come in here, and let us know that is there is going to be errata at the very least, and we all know that the card is going to be Pavilion. Expect that at the very least, and nothing more.

I expect a "See you in the Arena."

IF THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN IT IS THE DEATH OF UFS EVERY1.

First off none of these cards need changing or banned. This is out of control I am so sick of this Our group will not make the changes regardless there is no need. I can understand some of of stuff in the past but these cards are kidding now it seems more like a power trip.

I mean I agree with the whole pavilon and Path of the Master but as for everthing else there is no need. After the set cycled Hilde just isn't what she used to in type 3. King is cool but isn't unstoppable Financail if errata you might as well make communing with ancients unique and and Stnd Off really you have your own foundations as well. Come on people this is just plain dumb

I just foresee clarifying erratas.

It's far too early in the game to make any bans, especially with the new set dropping.

Scarred_Angel said:

First off none of these cards need changing or banned. This is out of control I am so sick of this Our group will not make the changes regardless there is no need. I can understand some of of stuff in the past but these cards are kidding now it seems more like a power trip.

Wait, hold on.

Aren't you the same fuckwit that argued earlier that Chester's/LOTM/Mentoring/DotE/etc didn't need to be banned and we all needed to L2P? And now you're saying you can understand some of the old bans?

Come on, if you're going to be a trollfag, at least be somewhat consistent.

Hey, better late than never, Tag . At least he realized the fact.

I'm with the "no bans/erratas... for now" crowd, myself.

All said was we don't go by the ban policy at the place I play I didn't say i didn't agree with the old old ban list.

probably no bannings maybe a errata or two...I think there will be a big announcement...maybe next is already in delay, or maybe fantasy flight is going to the ax on the game...I wouldn't put it by them at this point. Seems decisions come with no concern for the players (looks over at the boxes of block 3 cards sitting in his room) or the stores that carry the product also. We will just have to wait and see.

Steve is going to relrease his character card (from STG days) as January card of the month.

Scarred_Angel said:

All said was we don't go by the ban policy at the place I play I didn't say i didn't agree with the old old ban list.

Oh ok, so you're inconsistent AND stupid. Cool

I'm just sick of all the discussions. We need the **** SOTG already, or at least something that will tell us what is going on. I'm on the verge of Ebaying all cards just to be done with it. As far as I can tell, the only person at FFG that actually cares about this game is Hata, and that's only because he got his job by supporting this game (and being really good at it, or **** lucky). I love this game, and each set makes me want to play more and more, but FFG is so focused on all their other games, they seem to not have any time for this one other than print cards. I don't know anything about their other games really, so this is all just speculation. But with all the PS problems we've been having, plus the early rotation, plus no feedback for whats going on two months now, I only have one thing to think, and that is that FFG is or will be scraping this game in the near future. I honestly don't see another worlds at this point. Hell, the pro curcuit is about all that's keep this ship afloat right now, and FFG doesn't even support it.

This is just my two cents, I'm sorry if I angered anyone, but I needed to get that off my chest. Steve, James, and the rest of FFG, I apologize for being so harsh and forward, but I feel that the UFS community needs some clarity about where this game is going as a whole.

Tagrineth said:

edit: I think the one key point with POTM and the reason it will NOT get banned or errataed is that it helps ensure that games will continue to end in a timely manner

While I do see your points, I think that games DO end in a timely fashion, and with more aggressive options being printed than defensive, I think we'll continue to see that. This new set was almost COMPLETELY aggressively-oriented, and not just because NEWFS is more about attacking now, but because one character focused around a blend of speed and damage, one focused entirely around speed, and the last one focused around discard.

While "stall" generally exists in the obvious form of Stand Off-Paid to Protect, "walls" aren't what they used to be, and really, neither is blocking. Games SHOULD last to turn 4 or longer on ALL occasions, and Path, for all intents and purposes, takes away from that.

No I stupidity is those who figure how to get around the banned cards moron

MarcoPulleaux said:

Games SHOULD last to turn 4 or longer on ALL occasions.

Actually it shouldn't.

The design target of the game is to last an average of 3-5 turns.

The Path of the Master enables that to be a consistent reality.

Antigoth said:

Actually it shouldn't.

The design target of the game is to last an average of 3-5 turns.

The Path of the Master enables that to be a consistent reality.

PotM allows for more consistent 3s than 5s though.

I want asset destruction in Good. Not just "flip it face down lol"

Homme Chapeau said:

I want asset destruction in Good. Not just "flip it face down lol"

I hear Scroll of the Celestial Dawn is awesome.

Scarred_Angel said:

do you REALLY not consider a universal foundation negate with a +1 mid block and a 6 control check, that also rewards you for negating effects by gaining life, unfair in any way at all?

if not, you're an idiot, case closed. Reusable negation with a bonus reward for using it is ******* stupid.

You can in theory get around anything. Kubi Ori? Run enough high blocks. Turbo? Where's your action negation n00b. Kasumi Gaki? Just run enough reduction to prevent their attacks from dealing damage.

Even the banned characters had answers. Cassandra had answers while she was out - Straight Throw was commonly sideboarded to stop her for the turn. Overwhelming Strength was available, too, and originally it worked immediately when played, before Cassie could respond - making it a much more powerful answer... and yet she still 9-0'd her last tournament with only one game loss the entire day. To another banned character. Har.

But yeah, keep deluding yourself.

Tagrineth said:

Scarred_Angel said:

do you REALLY not consider a universal foundation negate with a +1 mid block and a 6 control check, that also rewards you for negating effects by gaining life, unfair in any way at all?

You mean it didnt negate and destroy the foundation.....pshhh that foundation is garbage....ok no i cant even joke about something like that

But seriously everyone i guess is entitled to thier opinion no matter how bad for the game it may be.......and yes while they did have counters that didnt mean everyone wanted 2 sit through the NPE that it caused when you didnt draw your answers or wanted 2 play a deck that was different and didnt have to pack 40 anti-meta foundations just to compete

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

But seriously everyone i guess is entitled to thier opinion no matter how bad for the game it may be.......and yes while they did have counters that didnt mean everyone wanted 2 sit through the NPE that it caused when you didnt draw your answers or wanted 2 play a deck that was different and didnt have to pack 40 anti-meta foundations just to compete

Just thinking about that format makes me RAEG

NoobFighterFTW said:

I'm just sick of all the discussions. We need the **** SOTG already, or at least something that will tell us what is going on. I'm on the verge of Ebaying all cards just to be done with it. As far as I can tell, the only person at FFG that actually cares about this game is Hata, and that's only because he got his job by supporting this game (and being really good at it, or **** lucky). I love this game, and each set makes me want to play more and more, but FFG is so focused on all their other games, they seem to not have any time for this one other than print cards. I don't know anything about their other games really, so this is all just speculation. But with all the PS problems we've been having, plus the early rotation, plus no feedback for whats going on two months now, I only have one thing to think, and that is that FFG is or will be scraping this game in the near future. I honestly don't see another worlds at this point. Hell, the pro curcuit is about all that's keep this ship afloat right now, and FFG doesn't even support it.

This is just my two cents, I'm sorry if I angered anyone, but I needed to get that off my chest. Steve, James, and the rest of FFG, I apologize for being so harsh and forward, but I feel that the UFS community needs some clarity about where this game is going as a whole.

Wow, I don't even get the feeling that Hata cares anymore. He already has the green light on his own game for FFG, and, according to my sources, he is not touching UFS until his game is ready. (Again, this is just what I am hearing from a few people who talk to James.)

With some cards getting overlooked power-wise, and no one doing anything about it, it really seems that FFG doesn't care about this game anymore and they are just content to let it die. The prize support is driving players away, Financial Troubles, Rivalry with a Bear, Stand Off and Path of the Master are driving players away, and no one seems to want to address the problem. Most players think there is no problem with any of these cards, and FFG hasn't done anything to them in the 3+ months they have been around. I have players who will scoop after seeing a Path of the Master played on turn 1 or 2. Or once 3 Financial Troubles hits the table. (Um... let me draw 6 cards or discard half of your hand [since all we really have are 6HS characters now]) or Rivalry (Yeah, I enhance with all 3 of them, you can blow up your own foundations to negate, but mine just stay committed... what's fair about that?)

Other than the Paul support needing to be not a cost, so I can anti-discard against your Financial and I can have more answers to Rivalry... I do not have a problem with any of the other cards people seem to be complaining about. Yes Path can be a problem, and it probably should have been a terrain, but at least it was printed unique unlike Pavillion, which was ready (according to FFG) before Tekken came out, you'd think 3+ months would be enough time to realize you were missing a very important keyword on Pavillion. Also, is there goin to be anything official on Kisheri? Is it only when you reveal cards due to a card effect?

I just hope we actually get a SotG this month.

This game will be dead by the end of 2010.

JDub said:

This game will be dead by the end of 2010.

Can you leave our forums by the beginning of 2010?

Also Antigoth, turn 3 needs to be obtained with the absolute most precision and luck. Turn 4 should be the norm, with anything else considered normal as well. Turn 1 should never happen, turn 2 I suppose is a possibility, but should hopefully not happen frequently, and turn 3 needs to be absolute Jesus luck.