SoulCal Spoils - Taki and Yoshimitsu

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS General Discussion

MarcoPulleaux said:

Told ya so Kiit

my jewels are ready to be kissed.

Told YOU so that there would be for +2 Mids on foundations...Good foundations no less XD

I am totally building Yoshi as my character for the set. Also very interested in Lizard man :0

...at what point did I say there'd never be +2 mid block foundations? I've seen Determined...

MarcoPulleaux said:

...at what point did I say there'd never be +2 mid block foundations? I've seen Determined...

Well you said they would suck. Does that count? :P

Did void get a decent Kill card this set? I am trying to think if they did...

While The Strength Within is good, it most certainly is not ground-breaking (although it makes Boxing is Life look like lawlz)

Void doesn't need a kill; thanks to Yoshimitsu, you just dump their hand and kill them with Dark Geodude/Curse of the Ancient Mariner.

I'd definitely call Deathcopter Attack a GIANT win for Void. I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

SHADOW BANISHMENT IS BACK BABY!

and Void is the only one that can use Body of Souls on it :D

MarcoPulleaux said:

Told ya so Kiit

my jewels are ready to be kissed.

Are you that ******* deperate to try to get people to touch you in ways your street corner tricks got you addicted to that you will try to get anyone you can think of to do the same things...

your pathetic polio

kiit said:

Are you that ******* deperate to try to get people to touch you in ways your street corner tricks got you addicted to that you will try to get anyone you can think of to do the same things...

...whoa...things just got hardcore right here in this thread.

also, you're welcome :D

MarcoPulleaux said:

kiit said:

...whoa...things just got hardcore right here in this thread.

also, you're welcome :D

Kiit gets tantrumy when he doesn't like rulings. He's had me blocked on AIM for like a year now because he didn't like one of my rulings.

MarcoPulleaux said:

While The Strength Within is good, it most certainly is not ground-breaking (although it makes Boxing is Life look like lawlz)

Void doesn't need a kill; thanks to Yoshimitsu, you just dump their hand and kill them with Dark Geodude/Curse of the Ancient Mariner.

I'd definitely call Deathcopter Attack a GIANT win for Void. I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

SHADOW BANISHMENT IS BACK BABY!

and Void is the only one that can use Body of Souls on it :D

Together Again also has a +2 mid and a reusuable speed pump...Pretty awesome.

Yeah I guess but I was talking outside of Yoshi...I guess he will just have to do. And yeah Deathcopter is hella sexy justn eed to wait for a SF set so we can get some ranged Void attacks from Ken or Ryu.

Tagrineth said:

Kiit gets tantrumy when he doesn't like rulings. He's had me blocked on AIM for like a year now because he didn't like one of my rulings.

He's just kind of an unnecessary entity. I'm sure he and I would be much better friends if he just, kinda, didn't exist.

@kiit: Suck it up, you wuss. No one likes a sore loser. You were wrong. So what? Life goes on.

As for the Deathcopter , I think it certainly lives up to its name as an alternate win button for Yoshi (aside from Mt. Devil Divider , of course). It can snipe particular cards in your opponent's hand, thus getting around that pesky Pommel Smash reversal or discard hate piece, not to mention the high block you could have used to combat it. It is annoying as hell.

LordAggro said:

As for the Deathcopter , I think it certainly lives up to its name as an alternate win button for Yoshi (aside from Mt. Devil Divider , of course). It can snipe particular cards in your opponent's hand, thus getting around that pesky Pommel Smash reversal or discard hate piece, not to mention the high block you could have used to combat it. It is annoying as hell.

I want to build Yoshi off of BURN BABY BURN.

Am I a bad person?

MarcoPulleaux said:

Tagrineth said:

He's just kind of an unnecessary entity. I'm sure he and I would be much better friends if he just, kinda, didn't exist.

You can say that same thing about you vs. this entire forum.

Taki + G-corp leader+ a way to destroy your own foundations( man. laughter)= fun.

Taki+her crazy wep asset= fun also.

I really think Taki is gonna be a blast of a char to play with a constant way of recuring moves all while flipping cards I dont want to see.

Yoshimitsu is a great char also. But outside of his crazy attack I'd just rather run his support with a char that does something when I know they have anti-discard. His support is just fscking crazy good.Need me some (Hatred)copter attack.

Both will see some play in the coming weeks thats for **** sure, I'm interested to see how much these new chars shape the new meta.

after playing a minimal amount of games with an air taki i made after the prerelease(only proxying some ninja cannon furys), ive gotta say its extremely fun not to care much what i put out in a turn, it all goes to my staging area. and the fun of watching your opponent try to play with flipped over power cards is fairly priceless.

i plan on taking taki as far as i can take her. shes definitely a fun deck.

yoshimitsu support is also fairly rediculous in a sealed format like a prerelease with no anti discard in the set it all comes in.

Have not read all da forms but Taki can kill in one go like this, Fury of the Ancients or Assassin Strike, NinjaTactics,Taki asst., Determined to be the best, and Tower of Rememberance - Ancient gate. I let the rest try there ideas out, works in 3-5 turns.

Thats true build Taki on Assets and Attacks no foundations then who cares about if your oppentnent blanks one your foundations they're all blank already

I'll say this much about Taki: if the ruling is the same, in that a 2nd turn Taki can flip an opponent's foundation without them having to flip one of yours, then yes, she's definitely a bigger player.

Taki is a fun character for sure, and playing say 2 attacks, 2 foundations, and getting 4 foundations (all ready) by the end of the turn means she's going to build very quickly.

I just wish her support mattered, because as of right now, she's a rather blank A/C/L character.

When it comes to Air, I remain convinced that Yun-Seong is going to be Air's poster boy for his ability to generate momentum, and then rip face with Menuett Dance.
When it comes to Chaos, the Mishimas and Omar dominate the symbol.
When it comes to Life, it has now revamped itself as a top tier symbol and is going to represented by a wide variety of characters.

Yeah, Taki can really rip people up good with Ninja Cannon, but I mean, it isn't hard to find a kill switch in her symbols.

Air has Menuett, Vibrato, Fury of the Ancients, Dragon Lifter, and Dragon's Flame, and is all-around good at stringing attacks.
Chaos has Dark Geodude, Ancient Mariner, Shadow Flare, and Execution Rites
Life has Mitsurugi's nonsense, as well as older kills such as Wrath of Heaven and Siegfried's Earth Divide

So, again, I remain hard-pressed to find immense use for her, especially since one of her best combos, Possession Stance + Ancient Gate, can be done by anybody.