SoulCal Spoils - Taki and Yoshimitsu

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS General Discussion

guitalex2008 said:

There. You can use the Warrior's Paths, Gut Drills, Tie Lei Iron Thunders, Unstoppable Convictions, Recons and Soul Waves that have been sitting gathering dust in your card storage place of preference.

But, as I have ALWAYS said since anti-discard has come into being, the cards that have anti-discard properties NEED TO HAVE OTHER ABILITIES THAT ARE WORTH PLAYING!

Now, sure, Gut Drill and Soul Wave do exactly that, and Paul P just loves facing off against Yoshi. However, almost none of those I'd regularly run in any deck, which goes to show how much I cared about them til Yoshi.

As for Taki, I has a declaration:

Foundation-less Taki = stupid. Your low speed less-than-3-diff attacks WILL be blocked, and even if you generate foundations, um, hello: you're going to be checking 3s more often than not! Good luck stringing attacks when you can barely check high.

You're going to run Taki like any other character: with only the most amazing foundations you can. Why? Because they're amazing. The whole point of Taki's F is that intelligent strategy behind it. You only use it when you know you have to snipe their problematic cards, and when you know them doing the same to you won't be of big enough significance (similar to why such cards as Stand Off, Financial Troubles, and For the Money are ran).

Also, I'm fairly certain Taki's support will involve adding face-down cards to your hand or re-using them in some way.

Question : wouldn't Sacrifices for the Cause just kill a lot of Taki's stuff?

Holy free committing, Batman. Sacrifices would allow you to form until every face down foundation in your opponent's staging area is committed. That it assuming you can discard 0 cards, but I am fairly sure you can.

Chase Rare is Chase.

-Tinman

The best yoshimitsu deck is going to be off death.

Antigoth said:

Homme Chapeau said:

I'd like to know one thing though : Yoshi's R counts number of cards discarded or number of cards that WOULD be discarded?

Reading is Fun damental...

"After your opponent discards any number of cards due to a card effect, they lose x vitality. X is the number of cards discarded."

So after the cards are discarded.

Boo.

Oh well, sticking with Zhao Daiyu then. Unless Yoshi has a reversal.

Nekuro said:

The question is how can you commit foundations that have no values? They are face down blank foundations with nothing on them. Would they default to zero? I wouldn't think so. I would they would be null so they would be untouchable.

darklogos said:

Nekuro said:

The question is how can you commit foundations that have no values? They are face down blank foundations with nothing on them. Would they default to zero? I wouldn't think so. I would they would be null so they would be untouchable.

They default to zero.

Taki is super strong, just with the cards now available. Why? because she may be the only character who can go balls out on a kill turn, not kill there opponent, and stil have ready foundations to kill them with. Thats pretty **** strong I think.

I'm not sure what you would run her with attack wise, but my gut tells me life has alot of fast, off zone, multi pourpose attacks to compliment her.

Homme Chapeau said:

darklogos said:

Nekuro said:

They default to zero.

If Sacrifices can commit her out, won't she just use her FIRST FORM and BLANK IT? Duh, people.

Homme Chapeau said:

darklogos said:

Nekuro said:

They default to zero.

Where is that in the rules I can't seem to find it.

darklogos said:

Homme Chapeau said:

They default to zero.

Where is that in the rules I can't seem to find it.

2.13.9 A card turned face-down has no traits.
2.13.9.1 Any effects referencing a printed number on a face-down card would see that number as a 0.

Again, if she's capable of getting rid of tech, won't she just turn the **** Sacrifice face down? You guys worry too much.

As a positive thing, her doing the First F even just once will completely undo any effect by Enraged Golem so she can focus on blanking something else.

Wow. Taki looks like she's going to be phenomenal to play with. Playing her foundationless is probably not a good idea, but you can still spam attacks out with a good chance of either them getting through due to low damage, or forcing them to block with cards they'd rather not. Additionally, she can BE aggressive without worrying as much about commiting herself out. I cant wait to try her out.

I sort of hope I get her in our pre-release draft, I can just see how annoying that would be to deal with, with a limited card pool.

Has anyone else considered the stupid redundancy between Taki's enhance and the enhance on assasin's strike. Am I missing something or are they both the exact same thing?

Its no different from some of Yi Shan's things. His attacks do the same as his E, just with a cost instead of without it.

Lunatiq said:

Has anyone else considered the stupid redundancy between Taki's enhance and the enhance on assasin's strike. Am I missing something or are they both the exact same thing?

Because it's possible to play cards with characters not on their pictures >_>;

Tagrineth said:

Lunatiq said:

Because it's possible to play cards with characters not on their pictures >_>;

;)

guitalex2008 said:

Homme Chapeau said:

darklogos said:

Nekuro said:

They default to zero.

Here's the best logic of all.

If Sacrifices can commit her out, won't she just use her FIRST FORM and BLANK IT? Duh, people.

'geez, guy, think about what can happen during a game please >_< Never heard of two same foundations been played in ONE turn? There can only be one First F per turn. That's also logic -_-'

Nekuro said:

'geez, guy, think about what can happen during a game please >_< Never heard of two same foundations been played in ONE turn? There can only be one First F per turn. That's also logic -_-'

guitalex2008 said:

Nekuro said:

Don't you think I know that? Unless it's early game when this sort of thing will NOT affect her at all, if they take the time to play two foundations instead of attacking they should expect death already.

Otherwise run No Forgiveness as well to get rid of the second copy, which I'd consider doing anyway to allow you to blank assets as well as foundations.

ChaosChild said:

guitalex2008 said:

Nekuro said:

Don't you think I know that? Unless it's early game when this sort of thing will NOT affect her at all, if they take the time to play two foundations instead of attacking they should expect death already.

Otherwise run No Forgiveness as well to get rid of the second copy, which I'd consider doing anyway to allow you to blank assets as well as foundations.

*raises hand*

Didn't we rule-out the possibility of "Sacrifices" committing Man Behind the Mask?

If we did, then what makes Taki's blank 0-diff foundations any different?

MarcoPulleaux said:

*raises hand*

Didn't we rule-out the possibility of "Sacrifices" committing Man Behind the Mask?

If we did, then what makes Taki's blank 0-diff foundations any different?

Sacrifices does hit all MBtM without a discard.

Told ya so Kiit

my jewels are ready to be kissed.