PbP Attempt

By GauntZero, in Dark Heresy Play By Mail/Email

Are you still recruiting? If so, I could try.

To outline possible problems:

1) I have very limited experience with WH40K RPGs due to not having many acquaintances who would be willing to play the game.

2) I have never played a play-by-post game before.

3) I am rather socially awkward, and thus far have been passive in RPGs.

4) English is not my first language, and I may be out of practice.

Out of the character ideas that I would like to try in the case of your approval there are a psyker, and an engineer with demolition skills.

I could go with Feral World Adeptus Arbites Hierophant; I'm good at social (so asking questions) and I'll be a good fighter. I'll concentrate my style on melee combat if you wish.

Are you still recruiting? If so, I could try.

To outline possible problems:

1) I have very limited experience with WH40K RPGs due to not having many acquaintances who would be willing to play the game.

2) I have never played a play-by-post game before.

3) I am rather socially awkward, and thus far have been passive in RPGs.

4) English is not my first language, and I may be out of practice.

Out of the character ideas that I would like to try in the case of your approval there are a psyker, and an engineer with demolition skills.

It would be ok for me - as long as you post regularly and the other 3 are also ok with it .

I'm fine with it. I'm of the opinion that having at least one psyker is a boon to almost any group :)

what is the current situation with this group?

The group is at creating characters.

If you want, you still could join.

I would like everybody who wants to join, to finish their characters until latest 20th end of day and send to me via pm, to get Things started.

I will not allow more Players than 5 though - so the first 5 it will be ;)

I'm ok with a psyker.

I am creating a PC. too.

so...

Alexel: Arbites Hierophant

DarkWinds: Psyker

ColArana: Assassin

Rese: tbd

Arctanaar: tbd

Maybe a seeker could be a good Addition ? How about an ace ?

The group is at creating characters.

If you want, you still could join.

I would like everybody who wants to join, to finish their characters until latest 20th end of day and send to me via pm, to get Things started.

I will not allow more Players than 5 though - so the first 5 it will be ;)

I believe I sent you my profile. I know I have to complete the backstory, but it's 90% complete :)

Yes, ColArana, you are good so far ! *thumbsup*

Additionally to your chars, it would also be good to get your first name, Mail-adress and some words about yourself per pm.

I'd like to get us to know each other a little better (which helps if we plan to do this for a longer period of time), and maybe create a campaign overview sheet for us in xls.

Of course only if you are ok with this.

Edited by GauntZero

I would suggest Google docs character sheets. Our group is using it, and there you can place formulas to calculate weight and so on.

Edited by Rese

By he way, for our campaign, I'll primarily make use of the following 7 planets, for the reason of having a more narrow scope and a more "personal" relationship to certain places (makes good relations to factions there more important):

> Juno (sector capital)

> Port Aquila (Void)

> Snope's World (hive world)

> Temperance (frontier world)

> Thaur (shrine world)

> Vouxis Prime (hive world)

> Yanth (death world)

Just if you want to read some Details about These Locations, or want to coin your chars towards it...

Research Station Heretek Chirurgeon with sprinkles of Fabius Bile seasoning.

"Why struggle? You'll feel so much better once I'm finished."
— Fabius Bile

Edited by Rese

I'm ok with a psyker.

Psyker = mystic ? Sanctioned (AAT) or unsanctioned ?

I agree with a previous affirmation that we should get a Forum for the game. Here we would have place to put or character sheets in view and everything

Ah I meant I was ok with a psyker (Arctanaar) joining the group. I would much rather stick with the character I already sent you.

I do like the idea of a more localised campaign as you suggested, seems the most realistic to me (what with the vagaries of void travel). I only really envisage an Inquisitor transporting a very select few of his most experienced acolytes, far easier to have a network of cells spread throughout the sector with one or two crack teams you can dispatch to trouble spots. Although perhaps in Askellon that is easier said than done and every Inquisitor is different too! Happy to share a few details if this turns into a long running group =) but I think that would be better done on our own private forum.

Ok, than I will take your Seeker as set.

Means up to now we have: Seeker, Assassin, Chirurgeon, Hierophant & Mystic

A very good mix to go with :) You might even survive...a while... *muahahahaha*

Jokes aside...we now should decide in which Forum we want to Play exactly.

What do you prefer ? I would also be ok with playing here in this Forum.

I do not have experience on that.

It seems our combination is less combat oriented.

Edited by Rese

My hierophant will be a melee warmachine, don't be afraid.

Otherwise, I would like very much having an other forum than this one to post!

Edit: My hierophant isn't so much a melee beast for the moment, because I bought the skill necessary to be a good socialite, but I've got toughness to receive hits and counter attack to be able to add a little punch. With my shock maul, I'll pack some punch at the beginning, then I'll get better and better.

Edited by InquisitorAlexel

Ok, I knocked this up on proboards. If people like it I could transfer the admin to Gaunt if desired (seems sensible to me). I feel I have covered all the necessary sections and the theme looks suitably oppressive ;)

http://heresyonjuno.freeforums.net

That pleases me, personnaly.

I would like to go on it.

I joined there. Where and how we will store pc sheets?