The Poll as it should have been, please add you honest answers anyone...

By Armrek, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

No

Yes

Impossible

1: Yes

2: Yes

3: Wasn't gonig to, and now that I've read the nightmare of a combat example in the newest diary HELL NO.

Yes

Yes

No & not likely to buy it.

Yes, Yes and I will buy it when released.

Yes, all supplements (in italian and english, original and newer edition).

Yes, all supplements.

No. Perhaps I'll order it.

1) Yes. Though not all; I was too young and penniless when 1st edition came out.

2) Yes. I have all books from WFRP2 (I love the game), some of them even twice (English and Spanish versions; Spanish version is really well done).

3) I have preordered and have been already busy preparing a WFRP3 campaign for some friends.

cogollo said:

1) Yes. Though not all; I was too young and penniless when 1st edition came out.

You loose (imo) the best gui%C3%B1o.gif

And here's my own vote

Yes, Yes, No

And based on that the current status is:

Having owned WFRP 1st ed: 42%
Having owned WFRP 2nd ed: 51%
Having owned WFRP 3rd ed: 7%

So there's sort of a fifity-fifty on the experienced players vs. newcomers, based on only 29 answers so far. So come get voting or else...

1. yes, and all supplements

2. yes and all supplements

3. yes, and provided it lives up to the hype all of its supplements!

1. Yes. The first hardback printing, it's my precioussss ...

2. Yes. The collector's edition and the regular first printing. I like the system changes.

3. No. If it were out I'd own it.

/Magnus

Yes hardback and softback, some supplements

Yes and a good chunk of supplements

No and can't see myself buying it

Yes, friends got me playing, had to buy a copy, awesome game

No, noone plays it

Yes, will purchase it, plan on running the games myself

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. I will ASAP

1) I own a copy of 1st ed bought in the first week on release plus all supplements

2) I have all the second ed releases all bought as soon as released - The setting was a great follow-on from first ed.

3) Obviously the ed is not out yet, but having read the designer notes, looked at the glorious components and seen the video - probably not

OK, I probably will buy the set - I love the setting - but the combat example was a nightmare.

I is somewhat akin to the changes between Arkham Asylum or Warrior Knights first and second ed. the FFG eds are a great games but take a long time to play. I prefer the first eds, but will play the second eds. This new ed of Warhammer looks too boardgamey and I can imagine it taking too long to run through a simple combat.

And $99 is just so expensive (OK you get a lot, but you still need to shell out more almost immediately for extra dice and the adventurer's set)

rgds nick

1: Yes

2: Yes

3: Undecided if I will pick this up but from the previews I've seen I doubt I'm going to like 3rd edition I will almost certainly stick with 2nd ed till my 3 core rulebooks rot.

1. No (didnt play warhammer rpg then yet)

2. Yes (We have all the source material, almost none of adventures)

3. Core set, no. Not very likely as the fluff will be mostly same and we like our houseruled 2nd ed system. New supplements on new areas? Most definately, cause new fluff is new fluff.

1)Yes

2) Yes

3) Hell no. Looks completely crap.

Armrek said:

1. Have you ever owned a version of the WFRP 1st ed rulebook?

2. Have you ever owned a version of the WFRP 2nd ed rulebook?

3. Do you own the WFRP 3rd ed core set?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. It is on pre-order.

Yes

Yes

NO, reading it now. It is shameful what has been done to an Icon in the rpg industry. Utter Crap

Yes

Yes

No - Won't be buying it.

1. Yes, plus almost all supplements.

2. Yes, plus about 7 supplements.

3. Maybe. Depends on my financial situation.

1- Yes, bought the day that Esdevium Games had it in stock. I've still got about 3-5 copies of the hardback version, and the Enemy Within campaign is up in my loft.

2- Yes, got 2 copies of the core book and I think that we have all the books within my play group. But we've somewhat ground to a halt on Warhammer, and playing other stuff now.

3- No, not yet. I fully intend to buy a copy and run some adventures. But I'll wait and see how other people are feeling, and not sure if i want to run a campaign. I'd quite like to play (rather than GM) in a campaign now, as the last one was 1987 I believe. But I have been very impressed with what I've seen of this new version so far.

No

Yes

Not yet