Expansions

By DurinIII, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

If only the designer who reads here could kinda hint....... (please can ya?)

Hello everyone... I would said " CHAOS NOOOOOOOOOOW !"

There is so much stuff about chaos forces in warhammer world : Monsters, beastmens, sorcerers, minors and majors deamons, FFG, come on, money and fans awaits !!!!

Considering that the immensely anticipated release of Total War: Warhammer is merely 5 weeks away, you would think this would be an excellent time to whip up excitement and support for the Warhammer old world setting.

It is still bewildering to me why GW did what they did to the Warhammer world. It's future is now in the hands of creative assembly and FFG to keep this setting alive. Age of Sigmar is just too bizarre.

It is my hope that the Warhammer World will see a resurgence in a few years. I certainly hope we can get a new revision on WFRP as well.

When i see fabulous images from warhammer invasion, i can't understand why not use some to expand warhammer quest card game, as the arkham horror / Elder sign did ( common item, spell, characters...)

TWO words : EXPANSION - WHEN ?

Me again... An expansion could contain 2 new characters with four heroes items each, one additional item hroes for the core set ( new heroes: why not a troll slayer and an assassin ?)

I deeply hope some chaos champions and beastmen ...

Has anyone seen the teaser for Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower? The 16 second teaser on Youtube says in stores May 21. The odd thing is It only carries the Games Workshop Logo and Copyright information. Has GW taken this product back or will this game continue in both card game and miniatures format?

Just because Games Workshop licensed out the Warhammer Quest brand to Fantasy Flight to make the card game doesn't mean GW can't simultaneously use it for their own minis and boardgames.

Still, I suppose GW may have decided to not allow FF to continue using the name, in order to avoid customer confusion between the WQ card game and this upcoming WQ board game. If that's the case, it'd be a shame. I don't think the confusion would have been that great, and the card game's success would have boosted the audience willing to consider purchasing the board game.

Time will tell, I guess. But if indeed the adventure card game is dead, I won't worry to much. The mechanics and overall design have proven popular enough that I'm sure Fantasy Flight would consider putting out a similar game with another brand. Fine by me, as although medieval fantasy is a favorite genre of mine I've never found the Warhammer setting to be appealing. (I'd really like a Lord of the Rings themed game using these mechanics, but as long as the LotR LCG is going strong I doubt FF would want to offer another LotR card game.)

Edited by JohnGarrison1870

Just because Games Workshop licensed out the Warhammer Quest brand to Fantasy Flight to make the card game doesn't mean GW can't simultaneously use it for their own minis and boardgames.

Still, I suppose GW may have decided to not allow FF to continue using the name, in order to avoid customer confusion between the WQ card game and this upcoming WQ board game. If that's the case, it'd be a shame. I don't think the confusion would have been that great, and the card game's success would have boosted the audience willing to consider purchasing the board game.

Time will tell, I guess. But if indeed the adventure card game is dead, I won't worry to much. The mechanics and overall design have proven popular enough that I'm sure Fantasy Flight would consider putting out a similar game with another brand. Fine by me, as although medieval fantasy is a favorite genre of mine I've never found the Warhammer setting to be appealing. (I'd really like a Lord of the Rings themed game using these mechanics, but as long as the LotR LCG is going strong I doubt FF would want to offer another LotR card game.)

Yea, nothing stopping the two games existing side by side but I think the switch to AoS killed any hopes for future WQ:ACG releases more then anything.

As you said though, FFG could very easily re-skin the mechanics and re-release the game which I would love.

FFG seems to have a habit of "fishing" with games. They'll release something, see if it sells like mad, and then, if not, they just let go of it.

Personally, I would love to see FGG reduce the number of releases and licenses and focus on depth for a smaller number of games.

It is a little ironic, also -- I waited to buy Warhammer Quest...I am waiting to see if they announce a series of expansions or not. If they do, I'll but it. If they do not, then I won't.

We may hope, the stars are rights :)

FFG seems to have a habit of "fishing" with games. They'll release something, see if it sells like mad, and then, if not, they just let go of it.

Personally, I would love to see FGG reduce the number of releases and licenses and focus on depth for a smaller number of games.

It is a little ironic, also -- I waited to buy Warhammer Quest...I am waiting to see if they announce a series of expansions or not. If they do, I'll but it. If they do not, then I won't.

<snipped> -- I waited to buy Warhammer Quest...I am waiting to see if they announce a series of expansions or not. If they do, I'll but it. If they do not, then I won't.

My situation exactly.

<snipped> -- I waited to buy Warhammer Quest...I am waiting to see if they announce a series of expansions or not. If they do, I'll but it. If they do not, then I won't.

My situation exactly.

Same.

I don't see why a lack of expansions would make you not buy the game if you were otherwise interested in it. The price is reasonable for what you get and there is a good deal of replayability.

Plus if the game keeps selling and FFG isn't allowed to make expansions it's more likely they republish the game under a different IP.

Plus if the game keeps selling and FFG isn't allowed to make expansions it's more likely they republish the game under a different IP.

And this makes purchasing the game pointless.

I too am waiting for any signs of an expansion. To be honest, my friends didn't liked the game, one of them actually hated it, but I would like to see where this things is going. Theme alone keeps me hooked up for an expansion, I adore Warhammer Fantasy, especially since this one is pre-Age of Sigmar (and I don't like it).

The game is perfectly strong as it is, and is a welcome break from other games from time to time. It is well designed and rules make sense. I would happily own this game for years to come, and re-play the campaign once or twice a year without getting bored.

This is one of those games that doesnt do well, I think, when it is played every evening, in all combinations for 6 months, relentlessly going through ALL of the combo of characters/locations as possible. It is very similar to Elder Sign (without expansion), as a once-a-while game.

Now, if and when FFG releases expansions, the game will certainly have more replayability power. But as it is, it is perfectly fine for what it was designed as.

I agree. It seems it's intended to be closer to Space Hulk: Death Angel than The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game . At least in regards to the chunk of your life it is intended to take over.

Expansions for WQ:ACG (if indeed they materialize) may very well be more "deluxe" than regular boosters. More akin to the expansions for Elder Sign, rather than those for an LCG.

I was really hoping that this game would have regularly released expansions akin to the LOTR adventure packs. But, alas, it looks as though there might never be an expansion, even more so due to the recent release by GW of Warhammer Quest: The Silver Tower.

Maybe FFG had to wait till GW released their Silver Tower? :)

I'm not yet convinced Silver Tower is the death knell for the adventure card game.

I suppose we shall know soon enough. I doubt they would want to announce a discontinuation while the stock is still heavy in the warehouses though, so any news of them dropping it may be a ways off. Of course, they may never officially give word, which would be even worse. :/

As former Games Workshop player (Warhammer Quest, Warhammer Fantasy and Lord of the Rings), I would be really disappointed if FFG will give up on WQACG because of Silver Tower (although there could be copyright issues).

GW strong focus is on (quite expensive) miniatures and game rules are often not so balanced and streamlined.

On the other hand WQACG characteristics make it really interesting for us:

- streamlined rules

- "classical" warhammer background ( I own also Warhammer Invasion)

- short campaign

- portable format (cards).

We consider it also very different from Lord of the Ring LCG (despite some mechanics are similar) which we have stopped to play. (EDIT: well, we have never been fond of LOR, regardless of WQACG :P ).

Edited by Gendalm

Something in the air ? New Expansions for WQACG :) ? First Expansion I mean.

*sniff*

*sniff, sniff*

*sniff*

Hm. No, I sense nothing in the air. :(

Something in the air ? New Expansions for WQACG :) ? First Expansion I mean.

Why do you say this?

*sniff*

*sniff, sniff*

*sniff*

Hm. No, I sense nothing in the air. :(

I don't why but I have still the feeling Road to Legend (Descent), and not only GW rights, is also hampering WQACG expansions ... Maybe because we are also in the middle of a RtL campaign !! :P

Nevertheless I hope a new WQACG expansion will wait for me when we will have completed the RtL campaign. Descent is not so suitable for holidays !! :D

Edited by Gendalm