Reprinting of cards

By blades0fbl00d, in UFS General Discussion

Shaneth said:

Yeah, but it is unnecessary to reprint a card when there is already a card of similar effect in the current format.

Shaneth said:

Yeah, but it is unnecessary to reprint a card when there is already a card of similar effect in the current format.

Yer right Shane, that card that like 10 people have in North America. That card that was a pre release promo that a buncha people didn't even get in their kits, or didn't have that many pre releases. YEP yer definatly right, we don't need anymore anti speed cards. Oh, and if you're thinking acrobats is gonna be anywhere near as defining and good as P2P, then pass what you're smoking please!

Paid to Protect encourages a more defensive environment than American Made. In the last block, I only used American Made's R ONCE. I mostly used it for the +1 damage, which wasn't even that much and still isn't.

Paid to Protect sits there. It will always have a defensive ability regardless of whether the opponent uses inordinate amounts of speed pump to push things through or not.

Think of PtP's other ability akin to Stand Off reduction, and AM's akin to Stand Off pump. Two sides of the same coin, except in this case the coin used doesn't belong in this format but was probably designed before rotation was considered so we have to live with it...

I remember a certain promise made to us to never have a promo card be better than a card found in booster packs. I will now patiently wait for SCIV and if I don't see something like PtP or even Stand Off I will have a hissy fit.

guitalex2008 said:

I remember a certain promise made to us to never have a promo card be better than a card found in booster packs. I will now patiently wait for SCIV and if I don't see something like PtP or even Stand Off I will have a hissy fit.

Plans change

Predicted power cards sometimes aren't.

Shaneth said:

ooo vary funnee "rawt bee"

Remember we still haven't seen SC4 yet. Oooooh that new card was spoiled, the one that switches dmg and spd values.

I was just playin', bro. I see where you're coming from but I feel the same as Guitalex2008 and Nintenodman on this one. American Made was nice but not broken, and the fact that it was common was perfect.

P.S. Thanks for getting the pronunciation right, you'd be surprised how many people can't say it.

ROTBI said:

P.S. Thanks for getting the pronunciation right, you'd be surprised how many people can't say it.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Yeah...and it will be one of very, very few, I promise you. Every foundation having a +3 block isn't just some recurring coincidence, and those few with +2 are very, very lucky, and, quite frankly, they tend to suck .

Oh Rly? The Ultimate Team, Need to Destroy, Mishima Zaibatu Leader, and The Hunt for Jin all seem really good to me. In fact they are better than quite a few of the +3 and +4 foundations.

guitalex2008 said:

You actually had faith in FFg keeping a promise?

B-Rad said:

guitalex2008 said:

If someone doesn't remember a promise, why should they keep it? If someone doesn't call them out on the promise, why should they care to try?

With the sort of faith you have for the company, why should they hold on a promise they made to you? It's like if we were good friends, but I never kept on my promises. Then I would tell you that I promise that the next time I go to Krispy Kreme I'll get you a pumpkin spice cake donut.

If you don't believe in me, and I know it, why the hell shouldn't I just eat the **** things, especially if you make it clear that I never keep my promises and you don't expect me to keep it?

guitalex2008 said:

Well then, that said, why should they care if you don't expect them to?

Because for some players, the lack of trust in FFG does not stem from blind hate, but rather a slow build towards said hate, often enhanced by FFG's lack of communication (though not of availability, as Antigoth has proven) and confusing decisions regarding certain things.

I'd rather honestly believe that they didn't think Paid to Protect would be that necessary than they intentionally put a card like that in prize support.

guitalex2008 said:

B-Rad said:

guitalex2008 said:

If someone doesn't remember a promise, why should they keep it? If someone doesn't call them out on the promise, why should they care to try?

With the sort of faith you have for the company, why should they hold on a promise they made to you? It's like if we were good friends, but I never kept on my promises. Then I would tell you that I promise that the next time I go to Krispy Kreme I'll get you a pumpkin spice cake donut.

If you don't believe in me, and I know it, why the hell shouldn't I just eat the **** things, especially if you make it clear that I never keep my promises and you don't expect me to keep it?

Honestly dude, I'm a patient guy... Really I am. But after all of the inactivity during the Cutting Edge era, the terrible tournament software, the countless "just wait till next set, just wait till next set," the countless broken promises, the countless attempt to "fix" the meta by making more powerfull cards, the big middle finger to EVERYONE (especially store owners who bought the last FFG cash grab) and the now brutally obvious sped up rotation, the shear arrogance of not respecting the opinion of players (even if it is Scott Gaines ;o) ), the complete inbalance in the new block, the lack of any sort of decent prize support, more chase meta defining promos... Do you want me to go on?

But seriously, after two years of that garbage, why should I have any respect for the company? They've shown they either don't know what they're doing in regards to running an international league (for lack of a better term) or they simply don't care.

B-Rad said:

guitalex2008 said:

B-Rad said:

guitalex2008 said:

Honestly dude, I'm a patient guy... Really I am. But after all of the inactivity during the Cutting Edge era, the terrible tournament software, the countless "just wait till next set, just wait till next set," the countless broken promises, the countless attempt to "fix" the meta by making more powerfull cards, the big middle finger to EVERYONE (especially store owners who bought the last FFG cash grab) and the now brutally obvious sped up rotation, the shear arrogance of not respecting the opinion of players (even if it is Scott Gaines ;o) ), the complete inbalance in the new block, the lack of any sort of decent prize support, more chase meta defining promos... Do you want me to go on?

But seriously, after two years of that garbage, why should I have any respect for the company? They've shown they either don't know what they're doing in regards to running an international league (for lack of a better term) or they simply don't care.

Maybe becuase theyve put the game exaclty where it should be and yeah we dont get everything that we ask for but if we did FFG would be running around like chickens with thier head cut off trying to please everyone

They maybe arent doing there best but once they find the thing that works the best then things will stay that way forever im sure and things will finally calm down

I'll give this thread some history.

STG was a smaller company and did a better job of pleasing the players. This was because of the friendly element of the staff members. A handful of staff members read and posted on the forums as part of their job. After FFG bought out GW and everyone switched to different boards, people began saying that STG was too friendly on their forums. Well, staff can be friendly on forums and have it be a wonderful place, or staff can ignore the forums and have the forums filled with hate, like these FFG forums.

Joshua Morris was the prime staff member on the STG forums, before he got fired for a false reason. He posted many polls asking what the community would like to see. He was highly active on the scout forum and always lended an ear to anybody who was having difficulties with anything. That is who these forums need. They need a staff member regularly active in the general discussion area to relay messages back to headquarters. Please the players and they'll like you. Ignore the players and they'll hate you.

For those who don't know, Josh Morris got fired for "not representing the company" enough at the 1st Central Canadian Championship. A majority of players there disclaimed this as many saw Josh to be enthusiastic in promoting UFS and even holding a Q&A session for all players. Staff must not have liked him back at the office, but he was a pivotal reason why UFS began so strong. They hid his dispatchment by a simple statement, "Josh has left our company." He didn't leave because he wanted to; you fired his ass because you didn't like him while the community did.

We loved STG.

Seriously tho, I got NO help from this FFG company, even when I emailed them about getting additional support.

"We do not have the promotional materials you are looking for."
"The cards that you ask for have been expended."

Such pathetic organization. This is false as Antigoth has stated to me twice that he obtained Paid to Protects for his event in Canada. I highly doubt they ran out.

Must I contact Steve for a light of hope as the other employees don't give me that light of hope?

Remember Shane... To get anywhere with FFG, it who's ya are and who ya know.

Favoritism at it's finest.

There is a question of how you asked?

Was it essentially
a) we need this promo cause it's super awesome and the players are pissed they don't have enough of em?
b)I am running a major event and would appreciate some additional support etc.?

The way you say things have make a huge difference.
- brad-I am trying to say this very civilly cause you are a freind- you really need to tone it down with the whining/ranting unless you know what your talking about... You say a lot of things. and sometimes you go too far when you don't have an idea of things that go on "behind the scenes" and you lack certain information.

Shaneth- I know your frustrated with FFG's support. Don't get frustrated it's not going to help. Ask for help when you can. You've talked to steve in the past... send him a msg to see if he can help you solve some of the issues you may have... I'm sure he can spend ten minutes to write you a msg if you ask him to.

Antigoth has also done a lot for this game... more then you can imagine or he would admit to. If he gets a lil help now and then so be it; he deserves it.

At the end of the day it's just a game... no need to lose your marbles over it.

sir_shajir said:

Shaneth- I know your frustrated with FFG's support. Don't get frustrated it's not going to help. Ask for help when you can. You've talked to steve in the past... send him a msg to see if he can help you solve some of the issues you may have... I'm sure he can spend ten minutes to write you a msg if you ask him to.

I think that's the part that discourages me the most - A guy who has spoken to the person who handles UFS can't get any sort of help... what chances do us unknowns have?

Back to the topic of this thread, here are the cards I would like to see reprinted:

http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/SNK1P/scans/SNK1P_16_18_Yoshitora_2.jpg

He would make Lu Chen stuff playable in my opinion. Then again, I would just love to see some old Characters come back. I'm also a Yoshitora fan boy. I miss SNK.

http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/SNK01/scans/SNK01_144_Impetuous.jpg

I think the card is pretty balanced and has a high block modifier, seeing as apparently foundations aren't supposed to have good blocks anymore.

http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/DS01/scans/DS017.jpg

This card was really bad ass back in the day. But now, it's ok seeingas people need to run lots of attacks or lose the game.

Appaently I can make images show up on here cause I suck. The cards were **Yoshitora**, Impetuous, and Contemplation

Postman197865 said:

Appaently I can make images show up on here cause I suck. The cards were **Yoshitora**, Impetuous, and Contemplation

Click the image link which is the yellow square box, up in the editing line of the post. Drop the URL in where it says URL. It will the preview the picture within your post.

Postman197865 said:

This card was really bad ass back in the day. But now, it's ok seeingas people need to run lots of attacks or lose the game.

Contemplation Nina makes me crap my pants. This must not happen.

Homme Chapeau said:

Postman197865 said:

Contemplation Nina makes me crap my pants. This must not happen.

Hey that sounds like fun someone who plays legacy quick try it!!

Well i do have a legacy event coming up at my store but i want to build lotus garden ragnar lol if i dont kill you then your probably losing your staging area either way i win haha

Contemplation would be so dumb with NIna. All she has to do is F: then the attack. After she does that she can mill at least 3 to 4 cards. This would make mill come back which is definitely not a part of any fighting game.

I am mean when is the last time you saw somebody block the whole time, and then some how win the game.

riotmaker said:

Contemplation would be so dumb with NIna. All she has to do is F: then the attack. After she does that she can mill at least 3 to 4 cards. This would make mill come back which is definitely not a part of any fighting game.

I am mean when is the last time you saw somebody block the whole time, and then some how win the game.

I don't mind decking coming back.

I mind it being that stupid easy.

Homme Chapeau said:

riotmaker said:

I don't mind decking coming back.

I mind it being that stupid easy.

I see what you mean. I just have never liked the idea at all. That is why I am so happy the way Newfs is right now.

riotmaker said:

I see what you mean. I just have never liked the idea at all. That is why I am so happy the way Newfs is right now.

Someone could see decking as ringing out or going for the timer, but Nina/Contemplation feels like the Gambit glitch all over again.