Anyone think we'll ever get a new expansion?

By Vandal Thorne, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

3 hours ago, mulletcheese said:

I'd hope they at least add the new investigator ( Sefina Rousseau) into the AH boardgame.

There are actually 5 new investigators, 4 crafted for Mansions 2nd edition, 1 for AH LCG. And probably other investigators we don't know about because they are under development (if they created 5 new, they could easily create 25 more)

But yes, it'd be nice seeing these guys coming to Arkham. As long as the new AOs (Rlim & Ubbo) created for ES

On 9/23/2015 at 6:33 AM, Julia said:

I see more Arkham being developed on specific areas to expand theme rather than getting anything big, but there's space. In any case, as long as they don't declare the line closed, I keep on waiting for new things to come :)

Wasn't that what Miskatonic did? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more content or a new 2nd Edition approach to the game that incorporates elements of newer designs, but I kinda think FFG is tapped out on this title in its current incarnation at this point as good as it is!

Miskatonic was kinda different, since it added to all existing expansions, but didn't have a specific theme in itself (yeah, this means nothing, I know)

FFG is going all Eldritch happy now (they just released a Citiies in Ruin expansion today). Pretty sure they'll just continue making expansions for Eldritch Horror, at least until they come up with an entirely new game in the Arkham universe.

I am sure that a 3rd Edition would be the next step for Arkham Horror. That being said, the LCG has seemed to have filled this purpose for the time being. I wouldn't expect to see the 3rd edition of the Arkham Horror board game until the LCG has run it's course (which won't happen anytime soon).

On 7/6/2017 at 5:36 PM, gpd924 said:

FFG is going all Eldritch happy now (they just released a Citiies in Ruin expansion today). Pretty sure they'll just continue making expansions for Eldritch Horror, at least until they come up with an entirely new game in the Arkham universe.

I own both AH and EH, plus expansions, and played both games.

EH is a simpler game. It feels like FFG took AH, read forum comments and reviews, and trimmed it down to a more manageable size and complexity. Just about everyone would agree that AH has to many cards and rules to make it a fun game to play on a Saturday evening. I believe this where EH excels, the are rules and setup limit what's in play. Sure, the small cards decks get bigger with each new expansion but the number of decks has pretty much remained the same.

I tried to play with my fiance one evening and we maybe got 4 complete rounds in before she asked if we could stop. I would be willing setup a game of EH and try to play a game with my fiance before ever trying AH again.

That being said, AH is in drastic need of a revision. Something similar to what FFG did to Mansions or a small box expansion with (complete/revised) Rules Reference/Learn to Play books and new investigators from AHCG and MoM2e.

I'm happy with continued support of EH until FFG can't create new material.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,

And in strange Aeons, even new supplements can be printed" - the Mad Arab Developer

Of course, I am not certain what other supplements are needed. We have the entire Miskatonic Valley mapped out.

Oh, they could do a Dreamlands expansion...

Hmm, that may be the way to go, do a 3rd edition, streamline and move forward. I am patiently waiting for the core set of the card game to come back in print to try that one as well.

Twilight imperium had a 20th anniversary edition announced last week, star wars rpg had a 30th anniversary edition announced this week. A 30th anniversary edition of arkham horror could be announced tomorrow during the in-flight report.