Anyone think we'll ever get a new expansion?

By Vandal Thorne, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

There's potentially going to be a coop LCG, what more would you want?

There's potentially going to be a coop LCG, what more would you want?

As nice as that is, it's not an expansion to Arkham Horror. If we were satisfied with things in the Arkham line, then Eldritch Horror would be everything we could ask for. Of course, that game's been out for years, and yet OP still posted this.

Hi all,
Well, I think these are in good enough shape to finally post here. Thanks to everyone (especially Esto!) who has posted and given input on the guides. For those who may not have seen them, these are indexed, consolidated, alphabetic reference guides similar to the Eldritch Horror guide (with hopefully close to the same print and layout quality), but covering all expansions, components and terms. The goal was to have a single source for looking up rules questions, FAQ clarifications, and elements from the wiki that made sense. Also included are images to help identify components as well as some (hopefully) useful tables.
These are still considered works in progress, and I'll plan on updating them as needed, but wanted to get these out since I think we're at a good baseline. As always, comments and feedback are welcome.

​

Edited by Wolfpack48

tsuma, I really don't think your packaged deal is feasible. For one, not every monster figure has been published—and I don't think they stopped short just for fun.

The permanent skill slider thing seems bulky, and the spin-down sanity/stamina sliders wouldn't work because maximum values can change.

This whole thing would easily be over $1000. That price tag won't attract anyone.

This won't happen. I mean, I said the same exact thing about investigator and monster figures, and I was wrong about that... but I feel sure about this one.

Hello to all!

it's true, it's impossible to have something like that!

But... I'd really buy an "expansion" with all promo stuffs, scenarios from the 2 original leagues (maybe also the 3 spanish league) and a new official reference guide (nothing to say for the one who made Wolfpack48! it is perfect!)

in term of time it would not cost much time for FFG... just to send all to print... and a little of layout for the reference guide...

and obviously... if they put something new, like I don't know... other Ancient Ones revised to incrase the difficoult level, like Chtulhu, Yig, Hastur... it would be great!!!

It's impossible to imagine to write a letter signed from all the fan and ask something like that to FFG and Richard Launius?

Edited by aenima

Anything like "Miskatonic Horror II"?

I'd buy a lot more content for Arkham Horror. I'm suprised they haven't tried some print on demand items, if they aren't sure what the demand would be.

I can't see why a new expansion would sell fewer copies than any previous one, particularly as people don't always buy them in order.

There's a huge amount they could do with the game, perhaps using existing components with new winning conditions. I'd like to see some more scenarios with their own themed card decks.

Attention is on Eldritch Horror though, so while a different game, unlikely to drift back to AH

Ive only just got into AH so i gave lots of content to go at, though more AH would be welcome anyway :)

Yeah, AH went on pause because they launched Eldritch Horror. It's pure marketing, they knew that the two audiences would have cannibalized themselves. Plus, AH couldn't be expanded beyond a certain point, and in EH they just gave the fans a lot of what they wanted to see for AH: Mountains of Madness first, and a lot more. And if the interpretations of the cyphers on BGG are correct, the next big box could be Dreamlands. Another board every AH fan would have wanted for Arkham.

Are we done with Arkham? Dunno. Probably, yes. Hopefully, not. I do hope they won't make a new edition or something like that because the actual edition works rather well, the communities around are still active and the game keeps on being reprinted, meaning that there are still people buying it. As usual, time will tell

If not an expansion I'd at least like to see my painted Arkham Horror monster set complete.

After many years there does now seem to be hope that this will happen.

With some, if not all, the missing monster miniatures being produced as part of Mansions of Madness second edition I'm hoping for a final painted set to be released.

Edited by Shub-Niggurath

I'm hoping the new investigators get added to the premium collection, with cards to make them usable in AH.

If not an expansion I'd at least like to see my painted Arkham Horror monster set complete.

After many years there does now seem to be hope that this will happen.

With some, if not all, the missing monster miniatures being produced as part of Mansions of Madness second edition I'm hoping for a final painted set to be released.

Now ordered, as the final 4 painted monster minis are available at last.

No need.

No new expansions for sure, Eldritch is the main focus right now.

There does exist the possibility of a Newer Edition, maybe within the next 10-15 years. New art, design, reworked mechanics and such.

But I can't imagine FFG has any inclination to support Arkham Horror at this point outside of keeping it in stock.

If you compare Eldritch Horror and Arkham Horror, you can see the similarities.

In my opinion, Eldritch Horror is a LOT more polished than Arkham Horror simply due to it being more consistent.

If Arkham Horror will be revived, I am almost certain it will be with a completely new start.

While I love Arkham Horror, it certainly has some issues with consistency, which in Eldritch Horror have been addressed.

Edited by Runko

If you compare Eldritch Horror and Arkham Horror, you can see the similarities.

In my opinion, Eldritch Horror is a LOT more polished than Arkham Horror simply due to it being more consistent.

If Arkham Horror will be revived, I am almost certain it will be with a completely new start.

While I love Arkham Horror, it certainly has some issues with consistency, which in Eldritch Horror have been addressed.

Exactly. However, I'm interested to see what kind of itch the Arkham Horror card game scratches. If it nails the feel of exploring the town of Arkham well, I'm happy to play that instead of Arkham Horror (we'll have the three scales of World- Eldritch Horror, Town- Arkham Horror the card game, Intimate locales- Mansions of Madness 2e). As for scratching the itch of playing a game with these particular mechanics, Eldritch fulfills it completely for me and hell, every now and then I still like to bust out classic Arkham Horror for old time's sake.

Now if Arkham Horror itself was remade in a new edition, being the slave to the Mythos that I am, I would get it. I'd be much more interested in seeing a completely different rule set come up that captures the feeling of running around the town of Arkham, solving investigations. Something akin to a cross between Mansions of Madness and current Arkham, but honestly I don't know. I'll leave it to the talented game designers that are doing a great job so far, I just hope it would be more than a further iteration of this design.

Edited by Gregor Eisenhorn

The card game scratches many itches. You can zoom in on the woods during scenario 3, and finally explore that location in detail. I'm sure other iconic locations will be explored in the future. It's different from AH, in the sense that it's more RPG-like and supports campaign play. But at the same time it's 100% Arkham. I'm close to 50 games played, and I just can't get enough of it.

I'm very happy to hear you say that! I know what I'm spending all of Christmas doing :)

Speaking of zooming in. It would be cool if they leveraged the map Board from Arkham or Eldritch for a larger campaign mode for the Arkham Horror LCG.

any new expansion would be welcome. maybe some new guardians as well as new ancient ones. one can dream.

I have to disagree. If FFG was not ffocusing on AH then why continue to run reprints. Yes they are focusing on the other games because they are new and are the current fast sellers, and business dictates you chase the cash cows, but i strongly believe that AH is a solid game, with strong foundations, rules, histrory/fluff, and the time will come for another expansion....one day. I am sure the guys and gals at FFG know that the die hard AH fans want a new expansion, a new small map, investigators, monsters, and story, so I am sure they have something, just not focusing on it yet. It will happen, just not in the near future.......my 5Lehman Brothers cents worth.

Maybe Arkham Horror 2.0
Like Eldritch Horror learned from "mistakes" of Arkham Horror.
Now the daddy comes back, stronger than ever, with even more polished data taken from Eldritch Horror.

I'm under the impression that AH 2.0 is the LCG. Yeah, I know. But it's odd they used the same name.

1 hour ago, Julia said:

But it's odd they used the same name.

Maybe they thought it's odd that the "Arkham Horror Files" product line doesn't include any actively developed game named "Arkham Horror".

Edited by tsuma534

Yeah, could be. I honestly don't know.

I'd hope they at least add the new investigator ( Sefina Rousseau) into the AH boardgame.