Toad misses turns

By Filippo, in Talisman Rules Questions

I played Swashbuckler today. Had serious problem with remembering to take his bonus turns. :(

Yeah the placing your minature on the side is a common way of keeping track of missing turns to come. It also then helps with toad.

I didn't read past the first page but we have always played this as a missed turn refers to your character missing his ACTIONS during the ROUND. One of the problems with Talisman is that the turn mechanics are not properly defined. WIthin the turn, the steps and order of actions are not truly defined either and left to interpretation. THis is one of the beauties and fallacies of Talisman.

If a character as a Toad misses his turn we still count that turn towards his time as a toad. Other characters, events and such can still harm the toad so it is not like he was free of harm for missing his turn...he still existed in the game and the inherent dangers so he should not be penalized further.

Well put

I didn't read past the first page but we have always played this as a missed turn refers to your character missing his ACTIONS during the ROUND. One of the problems with Talisman is that the turn mechanics are not properly defined. WIthin the turn, the steps and order of actions are not truly defined either and left to interpretation. THis is one of the beauties and fallacies of Talisman.

If a character as a Toad misses his turn we still count that turn towards his time as a toad. Other characters, events and such can still harm the toad so it is not like he was free of harm for missing his turn...he still existed in the game and the inherent dangers so he should not be penalized further.

:)