Index of Useful Links

By any2cards, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

As a Proxy for the Summoned Stone s I ordered these Shifting Stones published by Privateer Press:

72016_ShiftingStones_WEB.jpg

They are readily available in at least UK (online) shops, and I ordered mine from Wayland Games.

I like this style a lot, really fits Descent as it sits in front of my mind's eye, even though they differ completely from the artwork (and corresponding Shapeways offering, which is beautiful too).

Only caveat is that some may find them too large, the base is 30mm and I suspect the height (without base) is around 30mm too.
So I may rebase, unbase, or try something else. Other than that, I think their height will add real presence to the game board.

I added the suggestion by jvdvalk for the Summoned Stones proxies to the Index of Useful Links.

At the request of BenOverlord, I have modified the D2e Monsters and Traits document to show the monster's size.

Previously, the second column showed the Att Type (Attack Type: M=Melee, R=Range). Now it is stacked, and also shows Size.

1x1 = Small, 1x2 = Medium, 2x2 = Huge, and 2x3 = Massive.

Edited by any2cards

After some suggestions from BenOverlord, I have made a second version of the D2e Monsters aThis nd Traits document called:

D2e Monsters and Traits Interactive

This document has a separate column for each individual characteristic for the monsters. This allows me to turn on filtering so that an OL can use the spreadsheet to rapidly change different criteria to determine the kind of monster he wants to use for a specific quest.

Note that this document is good for interactive use, where the original document is good for printing.

If you are interested, see the Index of Useful Links for a link to the document.

Edited by any2cards

Corrections made to both D2e Monsters and Traits documents to accurately reflect the size of the Conversion Kit versions of the Manticore and the Wendigo.

Thank you to BenOverlord to pointing out the errors.

On 4/29/2017 at 7:23 AM, jvdvalk said:

As a Proxy for the Summoned Stone s I ordered these Shifting Stones published by Privateer Press:

72016_ShiftingStones_WEB.jpg

I looked at those but I ended up going with the real thing; ordered a bunch of quartz stones off of Amazon for cheap and grind a flat base on the larger ones which fit my need. Then I numbered them on the bottom with a sharpie. I was really going for a look that the stones came right out of the ground when summoned. The rest of the unused stones went in my fish tank. :)

596ba189c8bbf_SummonedStones.jpg.39ede893ed7e5fd4ff3411d67abfc46c.jpg

Quick question as far as useful links go: I've searched, but not found what I'm looking for. If it's there, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction? Is there a comprehensive list of the tiles used in each quest? It's a mistake they fixed in IA when they began listing all of the required tiles for each mission at the bottom of the page, and I've been writing them out by hand in preparation for game day in my campaign. But if there's a neater and more convenient list, that's great! Thanks in advance.

I am not aware of such a list.

Your post reminded me, that it was time to update my tile list. I think it is exactly what you are looking for, but at the moment it is only available in german. I'm already working on a translation, it should be finished very soon.

Edit: I finished the translation. The file will be up on BGG in the next days, but you can also get it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkplgd4oa5f5rty/Game Tiles by Quest.pdf?dl=0

Edit2: Now also up on BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/150367/game-tiles-quest

Edited by DerDelphi

This descent hero creator is cool but not perfect :(

I wish there was the same for monster :(

9 hours ago, lucaster said:

These two links point to the same quest, I think it is an error.

Thank you for pointing this out. I have fixed the link.

I created a new entry under Community Tools & Game Aids.

I provided a link to the D2e Custom Hero Creator site. This is a web based page which allows you to create official looking custom hero cards.

On 6/16/2015 at 10:16 PM, any2cards said:

Community Campaigns & Quests 

May I suggest to add the Elements of Demise campaign to the list?

1 hour ago, lucaster said:

May I suggest to add the Elements of Demise campaign to the list?

Done. Thanks for pointing it out.

It looks like the Elements of Demise campaign is Brutalien's updated version of his Call of the Necromancer campaign, you can probably remove the link to the old FFG forum thread for Call of the Necromancer now...

While you're editing that section, there's also a few typos: The entry for Zaltyre's mini-campaign should read 'Weapons of War', Morthai's is 'The Silken Threads' and Rugal's is 'The Ascension of Margath'.

Thanks for this fantastic resource though!

+Monster Selection helper: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/152457/monster-selection-based-palewinds-original

I've uploaded a new version with some hints and minor fixes.

It's fully automated - the quickest way to find the proper monsters for an encounter as it's pre-selects the monsters for given traits and there are further filtering options available.

Edited by kbalazsa
Some additional facts

I modified the original post to include links to the newly announced Lost Legends card pack.

The very fact that I was able to type this, despite my complete shock, is amazing. Never thought I would live to see this day.

Added Rugal's Dark Forest custom content to the Index of Useful Links under the section Community's Custom Content .

Edited by any2cards

Added seeman8813's Terrinoth Expanded Project under the section Community's Custom Content .

I corrected a broken link for the D2e Card Viewer. Thank you to wyatt606 for pointing this out !

Is there a list of suitable proxy figures for 1st edition heroes that were included in the conversion kit, but not yet included in an H&M pack?

39 minutes ago, thinkbomb said:

Is there a list of suitable proxy figures for 1st edition heroes that were included in the conversion kit, but not yet included in an H&M pack?

This is a great idea. There are a lot of posts on BGG with proxy figures for the 1E heroes. You can try there for a start. But a list should be compiled, I agree -- perhaps you can start it.