Index of Useful Links

By any2cards, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I updated the following documents (located under Community Tools & Aids):

Descent 2nd Edition Expansion Info

Descent 2nd Edition Monsters and Traits

The updates include additional information for Shards of Everdark.

Add a new section titled "Chrome Extensions" and added a link to the D2e Companion Card Viewer.

Added link for Zaltyre's Guide To Range and LOS.

I have added a new section to the Index of Useful Links (IUL) called Community Custom Classes .

As an initial entry into this section, I provided a link to a new thread that BJZSN created which contains all of his custom classes. The following other individuals on this site have also created custom classes at one time or another:

Rugal

AndrewMM

Ceasarsalad101

RaccoonKnight

eljolly

The above individuals were the ones I could find with FFG's limited search ability. If I missed anyone, it was not intended. I would like to include links for all custom classes in the IUL. It would be helpful if anyone who has custom classes would create a new thread following the structure of BJZSN's thread. I would then link to it. This way, all custom classes could be found via the IUL, rather than having to search.

Here is BJZSN's thread ==> https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/228334-bjzsns-custom-classes/

Edited by any2cards

Today, I updated all of my documents (and added some) that exist within the Index of Useful Links, in the section titled Community Tools & Game Aids.

1. D2e Campaign Flow - minor changes to the document to try and accurately reflect the "flow" of a compaign. It specifically mentions using The Shadow Rune, but most sections should be generic enough to apply to any campaign.
  2. D2e Card Sleve Info - minor changes to the document to reflect what has been used by various people.
  3. D2e Conditions - a major redesign and rewrite of this document so that it reflects all items within the game that can generate conditions.
  4. D2e Dice Summary - minor changes to the document to reflect some additional information.
  5. D2e Expansion Image Icons - a new document which intends to show the icons associated with all of the expansions.
  6. D2e Expansion Info - a major redesign and rewrite of this document so that it reflects all information for all expansions that exist as of today.
  7. D2e Hero RNG - a new document which generates random groups of heroes based on those heroes that you own. I was asked for this by some users who were intrigued by how we selected our heroes.
  8. D2e Lieutenant-Agent-Ally Stats - a major redesign and rewrite of this document so that it reflects all information for all expansions that exist as of today.
  9. D2e Monsters and Traits - minor changes to reflect all information for all expansions that exist as of today.
  10. D2e Proof of Purchase - minor changes to reflect all information for all expansions that exist as of today.
  11. D2e Rule Priority Order - a new document that attempts to identify the rule priority order to resolve timing conflict / rules conflict issues. This had major input from Zaltyre and others. Hopefully, it is reasonably accurate.
  12. D2e Shop Items - a new document that combines two previous documents into one, and then redesigned and rewritten so that it reflects all information of all expansions that exist as of today.

All of the above documents also were modified to make sure they contained all of the information for the latest expansion The Chains That Rust.

In case you are new, these documents have helped our gaming group immensely before, during, and sometimes after game play. I make them available to all of you in case you may get some use from it as well.

Any mistakes are mine. If you see something off, please let me know.

Edited by any2cards

May i suggest a site: http://www.fantasycoin.com
You can order coins in different style (i ordered the sample pack | bronze-1gold silver-5gold gold-10gold etc.) and we use it to represent gold in the game! it is good replacement especially with a leather pouch :) where the player can put their hard earned money!

As i know, nobody has suggested it yet.

Edited by Straangeer

May i suggest a site http://www.fantasycoin.com/

The link is broken, pal.

Okay it is corrected!

Added HavocDreams' Descent Damage Calculator under the Community Tools & Game Aids section.

Added Chaoticus' version of the Descent Damage Calculator under the Community Tools & Game Aids section. This one is web based and accessible via PC or Mobile browsers.

Added a link called Hero Party Analysis under the Community Opinions section.

This leads to a general thread that Atom4geVampire created for everyone to use to propose a hero party that others can analyze for strengths, weaknesses, alternatives, etc.

Can you please add Valkyrie to this list?

https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie

Probably under community tools, maybe under quests also (includes a quest called "Affairs of Wizards").

I added two proxies to the list, one for Tyrus (HoB) and one for Gryvorn (The Shadow Rune), as provided by Leeroy Porkins.

In addition, I added the Valkyrie software (an open alternative to Road To Legend with a Quest Editor) by BruceLGL.

14 minutes ago, any2cards said:

I don't think I am going to put these into the links, as I fully expect (read: hoping) that FFG will release the real figures.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'd like to get rereleased ones too. They redid Red Scorpion for Runebound but not Descent? <_<

58 minutes ago, LeeroyPorkins said:

This one is for the Cooperative Campaign Nature's Ire.

I created links for Sadgit's Community Rules Reference Guide within the FAQ & Other Helpful Documents section.

I created a link for Psymia's D2e Wiki under the Wikipedia section.

I added Indalecio's Guide to Overlord Cards to the Community Tools & Game Aids section

Edited by any2cards

Due to a request from several people, I updated the D2e Expansion Info document (found within the Index of Useful Links) to include information for all of the tokens that come in each expansion. The information is displayed in the last 2 columns for each tab (AD & AE) and is totaled to the Summary tab.

This should make it easier for you if you are trying to verify your token count, or are trying to separate out your various expansions.

Edited by any2cards

Per a request from Psymia, I have changed the link for the Community Rules Reference Guide in the Index of Useful Links to point to the web page created for this purpose.

This way, we have a static link in the Index of Useful Links, so that when the guide's version changes over time, I don't have to keep updating the Index.