SirWilli's Workshop: Armada stuff

By SirWillibald, in Star Wars: Armada

I got about 2 5/16.....****, I'll have to reprint it all!

Oh no, that sucks, I'm so sorry to hear that. If you don't mind print on the back of your paper, my own boxes show some funny stuff on the inside.

My B-wings fit into the hangars just fine....as in, with about no room to spare. But the lids close flat and all is groovy. Had to make sure the models were seated into the pegs all the way. And yes, I had to reprint a bunch of sheets when I accidently selected "Print to fit" instead of "Actual Size" during printing. One of my friends pointed out my error when he couldn't get his ships to fit with the stuff I'd printed.

:(

BTW, I only recently stumbled over the fact that in the US it's "X-wing, B-wing, ..." and not "X-Wing, B-Wing, ...", like all my boxes read. Sorry guys, really, how big of an issue is that? Would be some work to change it, but if it looks better to you, I'll put in on my list.

BTW, I only recently stumbled over the fact that in the US it's "X-wing, B-wing, ..." and not "X-Wing, B-Wing, ...", like all my boxes read. Sorry guys, really, how big of an issue is that? Would be some work to change it, but if it looks better to you, I'll put in on my list.

I hadn't noticed LOL. For me anyway, I'd say it's a "wash the dog first" priority; that is, it can wait until more important things get done.

I didn't notice the difference at all. I'd say don't worry about it. :)

The size difference is minimal and not enough to make any real difference between priting one way and another. I'm just removing the B-Wing top part of the stand when placing in the boxes. Got most of the stuff boxed with pics here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0VSNzmthd1vfjI3aGh1bU5ld2NQeUotZXA3Tmt0UE1CVHhwQUxKVUtYQzU1TEhyVkhKZ1E&authuser=1

Almost can fit 2x of just about everything into a single box. I think I'll have to place the Assault Frigs and Gear Boxes into another box.

I found that B-Wings fit just fine, even with the stair-step stand.

I got about 2 5/16.....****, I'll have to reprint it all!

Oh no, that sucks, I'm so sorry to hear that. If you don't mind print on the back of your paper, my own boxes show some funny stuff on the inside.

My B-wings fit into the hangars just fine....as in, with about no room to spare. But the lids close flat and all is groovy. Had to make sure the models were seated into the pegs all the way. And yes, I had to reprint a bunch of sheets when I accidently selected "Print to fit" instead of "Actual Size" during printing. One of my friends pointed out my error when he couldn't get his ships to fit with the stuff I'd printed.

Ok, than I'll stick with the B-wing hangars for now and check with my own. In 6 weeks... :(

I even like it better this way!

Behold the efforts of many an hour: Now I'm ready to get some games in! Thanks SirWilli for the inspiration and work you've put in...it makes my Armada-ing all the more fun.

image_12.jpg

Behold the efforts of many an hour: Now I'm ready to get some games in! Thanks SirWilli for the inspiration and work you've put in...it makes my Armada-ing all the more fun.

image_12.jpg

Wow, that are... a lot of ships... :blink:

Makes me somewhat proud to see them all parading bagged up in my boxes. And it almost causes me physical pain to see the naked GSD and Mark II... :(

One thing, I can't help but notice that you wrote the named pilots on the box sides, should I include their names/pictures even on the box sides? Never thought of that until now, because I always look at my squad hangars from above when they are in the Armada box.

Wow, that are... a lot of ships... :blink:

Makes me somewhat proud to see them all parading bagged up in my boxes. And it almost causes me physical pain to see the naked GSD and Mark II... :(

One thing, I can't help but notice that you wrote the named pilots on the box sides, should I include their names/pictures even on the box sides? Never thought of that until now, because I always look at my squad hangars from above when they are in the Armada box.

The pics are a little small, but for me at least, I've got my squadrons organized in the carrier boxes, so I know who is who.

I think your tuckbox collection for upgraede cards english letter is corrupt.

I have dl'ed it 3 times now on 2 different computers, and each time I attempt to open the file I get the following.

"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired".

File size verification on all files comes in at under 11meg. Expected is 15.

Grabbed them from bgeek instead. Thanks a ton for your work :D

*edit*Also, do the tuckbox for the upgrade cards have to be 1 box per page? I dont' have a good way to measure but it looks like if the box used the edges of the page as borders each box could be moved up and a second box could fit. Less paper waste. But I'm not the expert and could be totally wrong.

Edited by Kilazar

I have dl'ed it 3 times now on 2 different computers, and each time I attempt to open the file I get the following.

"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired".

*edit*Also, do the tuckbox for the upgrade cards have to be 1 box per page? I dont' have a good way to measure but it looks like if the box used the edges of the page as borders each box could be moved up and a second box could fit. Less paper waste. But I'm not the expert and could be totally wrong.

Hmm, that's strange, tried it myself, no problem. And my internal download counter shows well over 100 downloads, but I didn't get that much error reports so far.

Did you download it while downloading other things? If you're bandwidth is low this might result in this error. But to be sure I've uploaded the file again, give it another try!

What is the height of your box? Mine are like 2 3/8 in. I even reprinted them and they are just a tad small. No big deal.

so when are we going to have the gsd and mk2 boxes?

and btw, these are Awesome :D

I was having this same problem too. Like you I just ended up downloading them from BGG.

As stated before, as soon as I have those darn ships. I'm still waiting for the german release and buying the english version would get me trouble from my boys.

I was having this same problem too. Like you I just ended up downloading them from BGG.

Did you tried it again? I re-uploaded the file.

As for the other question:

Yes, two size 1 boxes would fight on one page, I didn't do that on purpose:

As soon as everybody's collections start growing there will be lots of people, who don't need size 1 for every category. Having two boxes on one page would equal ink waste for them.

If you print at home you can completely avoid paper waste, just turn the paper 180º, put it back into your printer and print the next box on the empty half.

Reasonable? If you guys nevertheless think it's dumb, let me know, I can change it.

As stated before, as soon as I have those darn ships. I'm still waiting for the german release and buying the english version would get me trouble from my boys.

Did you tried it again? I re-uploaded the file.

As for the other question:

Yes, two size 1 boxes would fight on one page, I didn't do that on purpose:

As soon as everybody's collections start growing there will be lots of people, who don't need size 1 for every category. Having two boxes on one page would equal ink waste for them.

If you print at home you can completely avoid paper waste, just turn the paper 180º, put it back into your printer and print the next box on the empty half.

Reasonable? If you guys nevertheless think it's dumb, let me know, I can change it.

Oh that is perfectly reasonable. I thought the size 2 was "sleeved" version of box. And I don't sleeve my cards. If size 2 is just more room for more cards, then I got no problems with the work around.

What is the height of your box? Mine are like 2 3/8 in. I even reprinted them and they are just a tad small. No big deal.

I haven't measured them, but I printed them from the English Letter files at 100%. You should check your print preferences, as most PDF programs default to printing at 96%.

I haven't measured them, but I printed them from the English Letter files at 100%. You should check your print preferences, as most PDF programs default to printing at 96%.

Yea that happend to every single one of the pages I printed out for my 24 or so ties... :(

Yea that happend to every single one of the pages I printed out for my 24 or so ties... :(

Guys, this really sucks. I think my next update will be adding a big warning sign to the first page of every project file.

Very sorry, but turn the paper around and print again on the backside, this way you only waste ink. Yes, this will produce some funny looking hangars/boxes on the inside for sure, but you won't care when you're done building (believe me...).

Guys, this really sucks. I think my next update will be adding a big warning sign to the first page of every project file.

Very sorry, but turn the paper around and print again on the backside, this way you only waste ink. Yes, this will produce some funny looking hangars/boxes on the inside for sure, but you won't care when you're done building (believe me...).

That would be cool:) and I was going to flip my paper around, Great minds think alike!

Well, for most general printing, it makes sense. PDFs scale well, and printing at 96% gives an extra bit of wiggle room in case your printer is slightly off. Unfortunately, the boxes require precise measurements, so we just have to be extra vigilant.

That would be cool:) and I was going to flip my paper around, Great minds think alike!

Well put! :D

Well, for most general printing, it makes sense. PDFs scale well, and printing at 96% gives an extra bit of wiggle room in case your printer is slightly off. Unfortunately, the boxes require precise measurements, so we just have to be extra vigilant.

... and all of a sudden I feel like Batman, listening in the night for the cries of the damsel in distress... ;)

We'll just activate the Willi signal.

We'll just activate the Willi signal.

That sounds like something my gir...

Never mind. Family forum.