SirWilli's Workshop: Armada stuff

By SirWillibald, in Star Wars: Armada

Is it strange that I've been spending an hour or two every night cutting and folding these things? Got all my armada stuff in the microhangars and tuckboxes, and now my X-wing scum ships.. and part of me is itching to make gearboxes, at least, for the dials and tokens for all of my other ships that are packed in KR foam.. ..

I swear.. I can quit any time I want...

LOL. I've been spending the last few days getting my second core set boxed up. Of course, there's also nothing like going to score the tabs on a box only to find that you've left the cutting wheel on your wife's cutting board :blink: .

Ouch... I've just been using scissors, a trusty X-acto #11, and a pair of tweezers as a poor man's scoring tool.

Ouch... I've just been using scissors, a trusty X-acto #11, and a pair of tweezers as a poor man's scoring tool.

My wife is very much into crafts and card making, so it's a side benefit.

I finished boxing up my two core sets. Everything fits into the core box, WITH the dividers, except half the squadrons

coretwo.jpg

Edited by kinnison

Has anyone printed these through a kinko's online order?

If yes, what paper option did you select? There does not seem to be much in the way of choices in the "Card and Cover Stocks". Ultra Bright White (card), 110lb. Index, Laser (80 lb.), and Gloss Cover.

If you go to general use papers you get pretty similar descriptions. Laser 24lb, Laser 32 lb, laser 60 lb etc.

There is no 200 GSM paper listed.

Has anyone printed these through a kinko's online order?

If yes, what paper option did you select? There does not seem to be much in the way of choices in the "Card and Cover Stocks". Ultra Bright White (card), 110lb. Index, Laser (80 lb.), and Gloss Cover.

If you go to general use papers you get pretty similar descriptions. Laser 24lb, Laser 32 lb, laser 60 lb etc.

There is no 200 GSM paper listed.

110 lb index is what you are looking for.

I love your work. When I get a new printer at home, I'll pick up some decent cardstock and start gluing! :D

Ok, plan did not work, I used the old thread again...

But this one, too, as promised:

http://www.sirwillibald.com

The wave 1 squadron hangars are ready for download!

But this one, too, as promised: http://www.sirwillibald.com

Are the B-Wing boxes slightly bigger than the ones you used for the core set? They really should be. I know some people probably won't care, but the B-Wings are a good MM taller than the box, forcing the lid to bow ever so slightly.

Brilliant!

Are the B-Wing boxes slightly bigger than the ones you used for the core set? They really should be. I know some people probably won't care, but the B-Wings are a good MM taller than the box, forcing the lid to bow ever so slightly.

Yes, forgot to mention, all boxes are 1 mm taller than before. Let me know if this doesn't suffice, I'll add another mm then.

Yes, forgot to mention, all boxes are 1 mm taller than before. Let me know if this doesn't suffice, I'll add another mm then.
Edited by rowdyoctopus

Wunderbar!

Started in on the wave 1 squadron boxes, got the boxes done for the extra VSS, Neb, and Corvette, and the X-wing damage dispenser. Sleek and smooth as ever, Sir Willi. thanks for all your effort. It'll be interesting to see how you hangar the space guppy.

Wunderbar!

Started in on the wave 1 squadron boxes, got the boxes done for the extra VSS, Neb, and Corvette, and the X-wing damage dispenser. Sleek and smooth as ever, Sir Willi. thanks for all your effort. It'll be interesting to see how you hangar the space guppy.

:(

So I'm sorry, but you guys will have to wait a little longer, I really need this thing in my hand before building a hangar (same for the gladiator class). Of course you're welcome to have english versions shipped to me, if you can't wait ;)

I'll keep you posted once I know more!

Edited by SirWillibald

It sucks that Wave 1 isn't available for you guys yet. Hope you get it soon.

Wunderbar!

Thanks a lot! I'd very much like to start work on the "guppy" hangar, but unfortunately I'm still waiting for the german release of wave 1. Don't even know when it's due to arrive... :(

So I'm sorry, but you guys will have to wait a little longer, I really need this thing in my hand before building a hangar (same for the gladiator class). Of course you're welcome to have english versions shipped to me, if you can't wait ;)

Question, I can easily find the instructions for the command module but I can't seem to find the download. . . Help? (I am going to need like 5 of these to start)

Wunderbar!

Thanks a lot! I'd very much like to start work on the "guppy" hangar, but unfortunately I'm still waiting for the german release of wave 1. Don't even know when it's due to arrive... :(

Don't temp me!

Question, I can easily find the instructions for the command module but I can't seem to find the download. . . Help? (I am going to need like 5 of these to start)

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=710〈=en

It's called CardHolder under the SpecialBoxes entry. Think I'll add CommandBridge to the description, thanks for the hint. And you're welcome to feel tempted... ;)

Wunderbar!

Don't temp me!

Look here http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=710〈=en

It's called CardHolder under the SpecialBoxes entry. Think I'll add CommandBridge to the description, thanks for the hint. And you're welcome to feel tempted... ;)

[...]

It feels like a command bridge to me for sure. Then again I am Navy and refer to my arcs as Fore, Aft, Port, and Starboard

Description changed, looks better this way, well spotted! And try not to curse me too much when building your third (fourth, fifth) command bridge... Get a good film or audiobook first. ;)

[...]

It feels like a command bridge to me for sure. Then again I am Navy and refer to my arcs as Fore, Aft, Port, and Starboard

Description changed, looks better this way, well spotted! And try not to curse me too much when building your third (fourth, fifth) command bridge... Get a good film or audiobook first. ;)

I have several audio books ready for this. Thank the gods for Audible

I will not that the command bridge pdf does not have the nice lines telling you what to fold like the dice holder does, yes it has the key.

Hell, yes, you're right! That's outrageous! Totally forgot about those, going to change this ASAP! Otherwise you have to look very closely because the fold lines are either mountain or valley lines. Sorry!

Okay, had do rearrange everything a bit to make room for the folding arrows, but I think this helps. Although the print sheets look a bit intimidating now with all those arrows. :)

Head over to my site to download v1.1 of the Command Bridge CardHolders:

http://www.sirwillib..._id=710〈=en

Edited by SirWillibald

Okay, had do rearrange everything a bit to make room for the folding arrows, but I think this helps. Although the print sheets look a bit intimidating now with all those arrows. :)

Had over to my site to download v1.1 of the Command Bridge CardHolders:

http://www.sirwillib..._id=710〈=en

Is there an ETA for Wave I in Germany? :D

Is there a Gladiator set of boxes or am I blind? Not complaining, just making sure I'm sane...

Is there a Gladiator set of boxes or am I blind? Not complaining, just making sure I'm sane...

Not yet. Our wonderful designer is awaiting the ships to be released in his wonderful homeland of Germany.