The Adopt A Newbie Foundation

By Roxas2, in New Key Bearers

if anyone wants me to mentor them, add me on msn... [email protected]

Update to the Mentees and their new mentors assigned.

Exam is getting done painfully slow thanks to college, but once I finish and VC looks it over and approves, we'll be in business.

Roxas said:

capncrunch - Trotheal (no trolling the newbies)

D<

sora09 said:

ill do it since i really never played a game before.

gran_risa.gif

sora09 said:

sora09 said:

ill do it since i really never played a game before.

gran_risa.gif

monted

right...so I guess that leaves me. okay then. just let me know when you are available and I will see when in my schedule I have an open spot of the same time. email ([email protected])

I'd be a mentor, but I'm horrible with children. And this game, apparently. At least the strategy end of it. Anyone wanna tutor lil ol' devilmonkey on strategy?

Truffles and I are swapping apprentices so captncrunch get back to me and sora09 report to Trothael

DM, I'll let you know when the exam is done and email it to you. Lot of business that needs to be attended to in the Org and hmwk irl so it's going slowly.

Roxas said:

sora09 - Trothael (no trolling)

D< Every time!

hey its me looks like yere partnerd up.

sora09 said:

hey its me looks like yere partnerd up.

Aye, a'ight.

Haven't seen mah newbie on here in awhile...wonder where he's at?

so what we dointoo short to be published

sora09 said:

so what we dointoo short to be published

Well, I impart wisdom, you acquire wisdom, ???, profit.

Shall we sort out a time/place to begin thine training?

Sure ive never really played a game i got the cards not the knowladge.

partido_risa.gif

id like to sign up for the adopt a newb foundation plz

i need help im a total newb

hey there iv been snooping around the forums reading all i can about this game

a local shop owner got some of these in and being the big KH fan i am i had to try it so i have been reading up on the game and dicided to pick it up

im not new to card games but i cant seem to find a site with lists of cards in which sets they come in and what they do making it very difficult to find a winning stratagey i alredy have 2-4 people picking the game up with me in hopes of having a league and expanding

if i could get a mentor and get more insight into the game and strat it would help us out ALOT so plz let me know how i can get a mentor asap

THX!!

-Augman

I'd like to volunteer for mentoring Augman. Here's the link you've been looking for.

http://www.universaltcgs.com/KHDBPage.html This is a database of nearly every card in the game. The only section which lacks cards is the Promo section, sadly.

weird i cant thank you enough

that information helped me so much to work out a deck that wins its lucky u answered so soon

i just baught 2 boxes of light and darkness and darkness awakened and got some pretty good stuff the shop owner dosent have break of dawn and more people have started playing and pulled way better cards than me

if u guys can let me know what is the best way to go about winning with only the 1st 3 sets cause i have axcess to pretty much evry card in those sets and being the leader of the league i would like 2 be able to win moar so i dont look like a scrub XD

THX!

-Augmsn

Augman said:

weird i cant thank you enough

that information helped me so much to work out a deck that wins its lucky u answered so soon

i just baught 2 boxes of light and darkness and darkness awakened and got some pretty good stuff the shop owner dosent have break of dawn and more people have started playing and pulled way better cards than me

if u guys can let me know what is the best way to go about winning with only the 1st 3 sets cause i have axcess to pretty much evry card in those sets and being the leader of the league i would like 2 be able to win moar so i dont look like a scrub XD

THX!

-Augmsn

World Racer was big with Set 3, Big cards in that were Peter Pan and Wendy (To pull Pan and Tink), Dumbo, Tink, Cloud, Beast (for his effect/support), Hercules (ADA or L&D), Jack, Oblivion, Ultima Weapon (I would also run Oathkeeper), The King (which is a staple for any Light Deck). World cards were usually Level 1's and 2's (1's Destiny Islands and Disney Castle, the occassional Monstro) (2's Doubling Worlds [Deep Jungle, Agrabah, Wonderland], Neverland (for early game use only) and Traverse Town) The only level 3 worlds used were Traverse Town and End of the World for a win off Disney Castle the next turn

Aggro was alright, The Mayor and Jack were good for bridging levels, The King, Sephiroth, Phil, Pinocchio, Fairy Godmother and Bambi and Simba, it was basically a control area with Destiny Islands and Monstro lvl 1.

argh...stupid message board

ok we baught alot of boxes a few days ago and now evry1 is playing cloud/sephroth

whats the best way to get around them and what is a good "recipie" if u will for a deck?

how many lvl 0s how many lvl 1s lvl2s 3s ect magic worlds?

we have been strugling to find a good balance seeing as we have only been playing for a few days now so if u could give us some insight on deck construction would be amzing

<33

-Augman

Augman said:

ok we baught alot of boxes a few days ago and now evry1 is playing cloud/sephroth

whats the best way to get around them and what is a good "recipie" if u will for a deck?

how many lvl 0s how many lvl 1s lvl2s 3s ect magic worlds?

we have been strugling to find a good balance seeing as we have only been playing for a few days now so if u could give us some insight on deck construction would be amzing

<33

-Augman

By all technicality this should be in the Gummi Garage, however I tend to break technicality so I'll answer.

Ways around Sephiroth/Cloud: Simba, Monstro, Aerith(for Cloud), Cerberus(Set 4 for Cloud),(I actually have a spare so hit up my trade thread and I might be able to hook you up, if you have a spare Sephiroth/Cloud or SR Soul Eater [they are really the only things I need, which is why I say spare since you need them as well, I can trade you all my spares from Set 4) , Auron (set 4), Parasite Cage(it's not always effective since they will attempt a cage break), Behemoth (if nothing else it leaves them with just Cloud, easy to Simba), Oblivion/Ultima Weapon (good counters for Sephiroth), Olympia (set 2) [i really want to say that it would discard Sephiroth in a challenge, but I'm not going to swear on it]

It really depends on the deck, The King is a must, Owl if you are controlling (usually requires you to Tidus it if you want to play Simbas), Wendy/The Mayor to search. Tidus for Owl, Tink if you want, since she can be search through Wendy or Destiny Island lvl 1.

As for worlds, like everything else in the game, it depends on the deck. What ever you think you're deck can handle, but you have to be ready to deal with the limit of Dark Cards +1 since Chesire Cat is always a possiblity....Cloud and Ultima Weapon for clearing and effect, maybe Oathkeeper. I would play 3x Destiny Island, Disney Castle, 2x Doubling World 2x Traverse Town lvl 2, 2x End of the World/ Traverse Town lvl 3 (more diverse and it gives you a plan b in case one of your level 3 is discarded.

(if anyone has another idea or correction to my post, please quote it and highlight the area)

~ Roxas

wheres trothel????????????????????

llorando.gif

If you're lucky/you planned it, you can also use the Alice/Monstro combo to get both Seph & Cloud out of the field.

WeirdUsername said:

If you're lucky/you planned it, you can also use the Alice/Monstro combo to get both Seph & Cloud out of the field.

Only from Set 4, Set 3 (which is the set he has right now) kills you and gives them a chance to put up fodder for Alice.