The Adopt A Newbie Foundation

By Roxas2, in New Key Bearers

So in light of something that was brought to my attention fairly recently, I'm starting the adopt a newbie foundation to help make players that think or are okay or worse into grade A (maybe B) material. How this works is your mentor will help you in a once a week class for about an hour (or however you and your mentor work it out.) and you will be taught what you need to know, receive deck help, learn proper online dueling, and how to be a better Keyblader.

So to review:

What: Get training on being a better duelist
When: At both your mentor's and your own convenience
How: Through online chats and duels (either Chatzy or an Instant Messaging system)
Goal: Make you a better duelist

Mentors (if you are interested in applying to be a mentor email me

Roxas (Number VIII in Team Organization XIII and Program Director)
Vertically Challenged (Number XII in Team Organization XIII and Assistance Program Director/Public Relations)
Trotheal (Number IV in Team Organization XIII)
Way To The Dawn (Number VI in Team Organization)

Newbies

capncrunch - Roxas
Nevets - Vertically Challenged
similator - Way To The Dawn
sora09 - Trothael (no trolling)

If you are interested in being mentored in the game, make a post and you will be paired up with a mentor as soon as one is available.

If you are interested in being a mentor, you will have to take an exam (that will be made as soon as I get free time).

~Roxas (Program Director and The Organization's VIII)

Roxas, will you adopt a complete newb like me? :P

Lulz aside, I'll sign up as a mentor. I'm sure I've got some wisdom-esque things to pass on, I just gotta find 'em.

hey ill be a mentor haha :D ill be happy to help out peopel who need help ... or even just to get to know people, or if someone needs somebody they can ask questions i can be that person ;) haha

Trothael said:

Lulz aside, I'll sign up as a mentor. I'm sure I've got some wisdom-esque things to pass on, I just gotta find 'em.

You do know you can't troll your mentee?

Roxas said:

Trothael said:

You do know you can't troll your mentee?

**** unt blast >_> Fine, fine. I've quit trollin' these boards anyway. And it's members. For now.

Great idea sir...I'll gladly be a mentor ^_^

Signs me up!

I'll be a Mentor as well :D

I take it since I'm already in the Org I don't have to take any test? XD

Looks like this is turning into the Org's personal training ground :P If nobody else joins as a mentor I demand that it be renamed 'Team Organization Apprentice' :P

Can I also demand that you spell my name correctly? >.<

Looking to be mentor'd. I could use all the help I can get since I need to build my decks, (which I am going to look in the Gummi Garage but I am trying to read each card and put helpful cards together). But it could also give me some good practice for when I start showing off my decks to get others to join the game. So take this as my official submission to pair me up with one of you Keyblade MASTERS to show me the ropes!

~Nevets

Ooh, a mentee :D

Can I call dibs? Or do the project managers have first dibs?

Troth, from what I read in other boards and posts... you scare me... HA

Nevets said:

Troth, from what I read in other boards and posts... you scare me... HA

Good-o. Then we're already off to a beautiful relationship ;]

Honestly if no one else signs up I would love to get time with each of you to see different play styles and techs... So maybe I can have one mentor but after I get trained I move on to another and they get to see what I learned and refine my skills and teach some more...

Just a thought.

~Nevets

Nevets said:

Honestly if no one else signs up I would love to get time with each of you to see different play styles and techs... So maybe I can have one mentor but after I get trained I move on to another and they get to see what I learned and refine my skills and teach some more...

Just a thought.

~Nevets

I approve of this. Roxas: Do it.

i could probably use some help with aggro. pretty much eeryone by me runs wr-haha pun- but i always feel if i went to a con tourny aggro could tear me a new one so yea. if i could be a mentee with someone who is decent with a soul eater thatd be great. just some tips for facing aggro or building it would be uber cool

hopeful to join orgs ranks so ill mentor i mean i love building decks and finding the next bes stragty even thought it admitly can be a little hard with all the card varients but i'd love to help out if possible

he if roxas cant to it i will mentor nevets :)

Just let me know.

MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Oh and Roxas if this is only to make B players into A players then it should be the "Adopt a Decent Player Foundation".
Just sayin'. Adopt a Newbie tends to lead people who would like training and practice, like me, to sign up.
I'm still looking to be mentor'd and get my keester handed to me.

~Nevets

Nevets said:

Just let me know.

MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Oh and Roxas if this is only to make B players into A players then it should be the "Adopt a Decent Player Foundation".
Just sayin'. Adopt a Newbie tends to lead people who would like training and practice, like me, to sign up.
I'm still looking to be mentor'd and get my keester handed to me.

~Nevets

It's to get C, D, and E to A and B more or less. Turning people into Rank S is beyond my pay grade.

I know Kat (VC) was after me to let her to one of the newbs so Truffs and VC can take picks if they wants

hmmm.....Making all of us mentor them....hmmm. It shall be considered.

All aspiring mentors: I'm getting the exam prepped either tonight or Monday. it's been emailed to you ASAP. If you don't have my email or I dont have yours it's [email protected], so please send me an email and let me know you are interested.

Current mentees (if I read all this right) are capncrunch and Nevets.

Roxas said:

And B1ack .

Trothael said:

Roxas said:

And B1ack .

o no while i would not mind you can never get to good to where you dont need help i would like to be a mentor i feel i am a preety good player mabye a B rank player A rank deck builder most of the time im better a taking a good idea and making it even better

B1ack said:

Trothael said:

Roxas said:

And B1ack .

o no while i would not mind you can never get to good to where you dont need help i would like to be a mentor i feel i am a preety good player mabye a B rank player A rank deck builder most of the time im better a taking a good idea and making it even better

So the joke was lost on you, eh?

Trothael said:

B1ack said:

Trothael said:

Roxas said:

And B1ack .

So the joke was lost on you, eh?

what joke hopefully youy will accept me into the orgazation and if that was the Joke then keep it alive

ill do it since i really never played a game before.

gran_risa.gif

i would like to be a mentee. I probably wont need more than a couple lessons. I just bought a starter deck but i have a lot more cards incoming. i would like to learn the different deck types out there, which player card to use, how to tell if a card is good or bad, which dark cards are effective, which equipments and friends are effective, and a few other ruling questions. [email protected] is the best email to contact me at.