Blazblue

By DaiAndOh, in UFS Off Topic

Homme Chapeau said:

DaiAndOh said:

It depends heavily on the connection and location. You guys also got the download patch right? Just making sure. Sometimes it's golden, but if it's someone far away, yeah it sucks.

I dunno if I have it, most likely yes but I'll verify.

.Generally, if you don't, round 1 will be ok, from then on, laggy.

DaiAndOh said:

.Generally, if you don't, round 1 will be ok, from then on, laggy.

Then I do, it is generalized lag from start to finish.

anyone played the story mode? i finished it. well, its hard to believe.... storyline? in my new fighting game?

DAIANDOH!

I REQUIRE ASSISTANCE!

I am abysimal at combos. Should I keep playing Bang or switch to someone else?

If you suck at combos the answer is [drumroll]....Hakumen.

ROTBI said:

Funnyy how he was my second choice.

Homme Chapeau said:

ROTBI said:

Funnyy how he was my second choice.

I tough the answer was Jin. oh lawl

DaiAndOh: i loved how you played Tager. seriously.

Tager's another example of how the "big slow guy" in fighting games doesn't suck as much anymore...hell in most cases they're not even that slow. Who told Rufus he could move like that. If you master Tager's drive, you can basically summon your opponent over for their whoopin', lol! ...and don't even get me started on how OP Zangief is in SFIV!

ROTBI said:

Tager's another example of how the "big slow guy" in fighting games doesn't suck as much anymore...hell in most cases they're not even that slow. Who told Rufus he could move like that. If you master Tager's drive, you can basically summon your opponent over for their whoopin', lol! ...and don't even get me started on how OP Zangief is in SFIV!

In Tager's case, it's not even how slow he is but how much reach he has. It is crazysauce and awesome.

Actually, to be honest. The best answer if you suck at combos is Arakune. It's more about controlling space and pressing buttons to make Bees come out, and throwing out clouds. The only combo, if you could even call it that needed for success is throw->super->curse. Throws are highly cancellable into supers at almost any point in their active time too.

And <3 Tager. The 2ndary for sure. But he sucks lol. Try playing against Arakune or Nu and start crying.

DaiAndOh said:

Actually, to be honest. The best answer if you suck at combos is Arakune. It's more about controlling space and pressing buttons to make Bees come out, and throwing out clouds. The only combo, if you could even call it that needed for success is throw->super->curse. Throws are highly cancellable into supers at almost any point in their active time too.

And <3 Tager. The 2ndary for sure. But he sucks lol. Try playing against Arakune or Nu and start crying.

And Arakune's can also lead into his throw, lol. I don't interpret pressure games to be far different from the inability to combo. True, they aren't the same thing, but if you suck at combos, I don't expect you to be able to control space/positioning through a combination of moves/maneuvers.

And, Homme Chapeau, that's basically exactly what I said; paraphrased, lol.

They're different skills. Good example is Dhalsim in SFIV, who thrives on pokes, anti-air, and zoning, and needs to learn only 2 combos. Arakune at the highest level of play will need combos though. I don't think I'll be seeing Hatman at EVO2k10 though ^_^ .

DaiAndOh said:

They're different skills. Good example is Dhalsim in SFIV, who thrives on pokes, anti-air, and zoning, and needs to learn only 2 combos. Arakune at the highest level of play will need combos though. I don't think I'll be seeing Hatman at EVO2k10 though ^_^ .

Considering the arcade scene here sucks, yeah.

I might have exaggerated a tad though, I'm not that bad, but they're definitely not my best skill.

*wince* Arakune has been making my Taokaka cry. Bees! Bees everywhere! Ugh. I really need to get better at her drive combos so that when I DO manage to get a hit in, I can do enough damage to matter.

Rachel, on the other hand, I'm finding more fun then I thought. Something about watching them die via electrical frog keeps making me giggle.

I've been tearing it up with Tager recently. nothing seems to be more satisfying than ending a round by slamming your opponent hard into the ground. I just hate fighting against Nu with him.

I have to admit, Tager's Astral Heat is a thing of beauty.

Just got this game last night, looks pretty decent and highly reminiscent of GG which is a good thing (and yeah, I know same developers spiritual sucessor etc.)

Still haven't decided who to main having only had 30 mins or so with it. Maybe Litchi, her movement off and around her Staff suits me.

My PS3 tag is Dutpotd so if anyone wants a game ever, simply add me.

- dut

If you do pick Litchi, get used to cries of 'It's the Booby Lady!' :)

Or "MISS LITCHI! JUMP INTO MY MANLY CHEST!"

dshaffer said:

If you do pick Litchi, get used to cries of 'It's the Booby Lady!' :)

Seriously though, Tao is bonkers. I think I've split my side countless times when going through story or (go forbid) the tips section and 'TEACH ME BOOBIE LADY'.

Funniest was when Tao asks about Politics... 'Poly ****? Is that a new type of Boobie!'

Horrible. But horribly funny.

- dut

(after Tager does a rocket punch)

"Kokone, when did you install that?"

"Recently, though it's not very effective. I was thinking about putting it on your chest or your GIGANTIC TAGER"

Have you seen the 'Golden Tager' ending in story mode? You need to beat Bang with a Distortion Finish. :D

Kokonoe BETTER be a PC in the next version of the game. :D

dshaffer said:

Have you seen the 'Golden Tager' ending in story mode? You need to beat Bang with a Distortion Finish. :D

Kokonoe BETTER be a PC in the next version of the game. :D

Lots of characters with story/motives had better be playable ^^

It's actually a really convoluted mess the story, but I like it!

- dut

ps. DaiAndOh is dead on, the Tager scene was even funnier, so funny - lol (I'm going to go play BlazBlue right now lol)

Finally got on XBoxlive :D dshaffer123. If any of you are ever interested, give me a shout out and i'll show off my sucky scrub skills. :D

(Hopefully I wont do as bad as I did last night. I just...completely sucked. My timing was just COMPLETELY OFF and I have no idea why. Couldnt do combos. Couldnt even get out my Distortion's reliably.)

dshaffer said:

Finally got on XBoxlive :D dshaffer123. If any of you are ever interested, give me a shout out and i'll show off my sucky scrub skills. :D

(Hopefully I wont do as bad as I did last night. I just...completely sucked. My timing was just COMPLETELY OFF and I have no idea why. Couldnt do combos. Couldnt even get out my Distortion's reliably.)

Yeah interweb BlazBlue is hit or miss.