Blazblue

By DaiAndOh, in UFS Off Topic

Anyone else playing this? If so post PSN/Xbox live. This is pretty much my main game, Bang for life!

No not a huge detailed writeup like that old GG thread, but I will try to answer all questions.

It's on XBoxlive? When did this happen? I thought it was still just in Japan right now.

Cascade said:

It's on XBoxlive? When did this happen? I thought it was still just in Japan right now.

Musashi1054 said:

Cascade said:

The Limited Edition of BlazBlue (first runs) came out on June 30th while the standard edition comes out July 28th.

Shut up, us Canadalanders get it tomorrow!

Worst part is, my copy's pre-ordered and I won't have enough cash to pay for it. Guh.

**** you the Americas! I guess we'll be getting it here in the UK either friday or next friday.

Homme Chapeau said:

Worst part is, my copy's pre-ordered and I won't have enough cash to pay for it. Guh.

I currently have the money for it... but I also want to buy KOF98 and Garou for the Xbox Live Arcade, which puts me over the amount for it by a good $20 or so.

soon.... pretty soon i'll join in the fun.

Cascade said:

**** you the Americas! I guess we'll be getting it here in the UK either friday or next friday.

No European release date. PS3 region free, 360 not with PAL.

Goddammit.

I was looking forward to that too.

My copy was preordered and should be waiting at the store. In fact, I'm going to pick it up now.

Taokaka *squee* Creepy cute catgirls for the win.

dshaffer said:

My copy was preordered and should be waiting at the store. In fact, I'm going to pick it up now.

Taokaka *squee* Creepy cute catgirls for the win.

Just to let you down, she is terrible. Low tier character with terrible proratation(sp?) combos and her only good skill is crazy mixups if you can get all the timing down. It's rough.

i beg to differ tao is really good if you know how to combo, the only bad character i see in this game is carl theres just no reason to play him.

Her proration is terrible, her best starter is 5b, into 2a which gives you almost 70% right there, which is REALLY REALLY LOW. as of now the tier lists are

1) V-13 : 11.5
2) Rachel : 9.0
3) Arakune : 6.0
4) Jin : 4.5
5) Carl : 4.0
6) Ragna : 0.0
6) Noel : 0.0
7) Litchi : -1.0
8) Taokaka : -1.5
9) Haku-men : -3.5
10) Bang : -7.0
11) Tager : -15.0

obivously NU is amazing good, with the ability to combo from any where in the screen and being able to launch a disc from behind them causing them to block low then overhead sword.

You know what's worse?

The two characters I want to play? Look at the bottom.

last time i checked on the PS3 listing number one was using Tager. Tier listings are just not that accurate and alot of the times its the players and not the characters at all.

Luthon said:

last time i checked on the PS3 listing number one was using Tager. Tier listings are just not that accurate and alot of the times its the players and not the characters at all.

Tager, like Potemkin, is probably going to blossom in the hands of a skilled player.

Just Doin' Work said:

Her proration is terrible, her best starter is 5b, into 2a which gives you almost 70% right there, which is REALLY REALLY LOW. as of now the tier lists are

1) V-13 : 11.5
2) Rachel : 9.0
3) Arakune : 6.0
4) Jin : 4.5
5) Carl : 4.0
6) Ragna : 0.0
6) Noel : 0.0
7) Litchi : -1.0
8) Taokaka : -1.5
9) Haku-men : -3.5
10) Bang : -7.0
11) Tager : -15.0

obivously NU is amazing good, with the ability to combo from any where in the screen and being able to launch a disc from behind them causing them to block low then overhead sword.

That tier list is crock because it's not a tier list. It's the points of some japanese players of how they feel about matchups. The thing to note about that is that the matchups ARE NOT CONSISTENT WITH EACH OTHER. For instance, one player can say they feel a matchup is 6-4, while another says it's 5-5, and it was listed that way. The tier list basically consists of

S: Arakune, Nu, Rachel

A: Tao, Jin, Ragna

B: Litchi, Noel, Carl

C: Bang, Hakumen, Tager

The game is still balanced to the point that any character can win.

DaiAndOh said:

C: Bang, Hakumen, Tager

The game is still balanced to the point that any character can win.

Still, third character I wanted to play... guess what it was?

I'm really waiting to see if I can pick up this game in the UK. Might have to look into chipping my PS3.

I'm really wanting to play as Noel. I really like the thought of GunFu anime.

Anyone here play on ps3? I wouldn't mind finding someone to play friendlies with, the people on dustloop are just too good lol.

You don't need to chip to play on UK PS3. PS3 is region free.

While I would like to play sir, I myself am a mod on dustloop ^_^ ;;;;

I am totally playing this on PSN
CronosDawnlight

DaiAndOh said:

You don't need to chip to play on UK PS3. PS3 is region free.

While I would like to play sir, I myself am a mod on dustloop ^_^ ;;;;

T_T

sigh... back to practicing for me then T_T

who you do main?

also, you wouldn't happen to be the lvl 40 noel player would you? just saw someone with a name pretty close to yours T_T