Blazblue

By DaiAndOh, in UFS Off Topic

Also remember match experience is different from training mode. Though it could also be the lag...

Actually, I've been on a while, I just kept forgetting to mention my username.

Nah, I usually do fine in online, (Well, as fine as a 40% win ratio is) just THAT night I just couldnt seem to do anything right. *shrug* That my main is Tao and she REALLY needs her combos to do well probably didnt help matters.

My continued inability to deal with Noel, even with crappy players, is starting to piss me off more then I like to think about. Even scrubby Noel's can spam me to death with Chain Revolver and I cant seem to figure out how to get through it with Tao. Inevitably it ends up with me being table to play hit and run for a while, until she manages to corner me, and then I'm Chain Revolvered to death. Any suggestions?

Try messing around in training mode until you find a few counter strategies. I don't play Tao very often so I'm not sure of any specifics. now Tager is a different story.

dshaffer said:

My continued inability to deal with Noel, even with crappy players, is starting to piss me off more then I like to think about. Even scrubby Noel's can spam me to death with Chain Revolver and I cant seem to figure out how to get through it with Tao. Inevitably it ends up with me being table to play hit and run for a while, until she manages to corner me, and then I'm Chain Revolvered to death. Any suggestions?

Try to use her Drive to get closer to Noel when she's not Chain Revolving? Possibly from an unexpected angle?

Noel's drive is massively unsafe, even in the middle of it if spammed. There are two main tips here:

One, learn to block.

Two, learn what you can punish with on reaction. Try back throwing out of some of her moves with Tao into a nice delicious throw BnB.

Blocking's my issue...no matter how I block, it seems Noel can switch zones and knock me into a stun where she can proceed with the punishment. I think that's what's frustrating me more then anything else...that I cant figure out a safe block pattern and I dont match up against Noel's online enough that I can learn them. Locally, the people I play with are frustrated with ME cause 'All you do is throw and combo cheese.' I think they're missing part of the mechanics of the game, here. It's the main reason I started doing online matches.

Play as her, check her moves. Really if you block low, she has 3 mixups in drive.

2D, where she jumps up coming down with the guns. The heel drop move. And the crossup. The crossup takes forever to come out (throw her out of it :P ), and the other 2 block on reaction.