The All Guardsmen Party

By ShoggySeldom, in Only War

My jaw dropped when i read the end of the prelude. That GM is a magnificent bastard.

Glad you liked the intro, those are hard to write. And yea, he's definitely some variety of bastard.

No, Seriously - at my worst as a GM I can only dream to aspire to be that creative with the background.

Ohh, you mean the very first chapter. Yeah, that was more or less his crowning moment of glory as a GM. He'd been chewing on that for months, or years, before he called us up and got us all to start playing again.

Honestly if we hadn't all played with him for years before that, we would've walked out after the first DAY of continuous meatgrinder. Turned out cool as hell though.

I've been reading this for a while, glad you got the update up - I had been wondering if you had been taken by the Inquisition. Your GM is what I hope to be someday.

Ohh, you mean the very first chapter. Yeah, that was more or less his crowning moment of glory as a GM. He'd been chewing on that for months, or years, before he called us up and got us all to start playing again.

Honestly if we hadn't all played with him for years before that, we would've walked out after the first DAY of continuous meatgrinder. Turned out cool as hell though.

I'm curious, did the characters generate Fate Points after the meat grinder? It would seem appropriate to the spirit of what Fate represents. Additionally, if all of those characters had staring Fate, they could have all survived...

Fate was omitted for the intro, for the reason you stated and because the GM claimed it would slow the pace of combat. He was probably right about that, but mostly he just wanted us to die I think.

I applaud his brutal and soul-crushing method of making a tutorial, I wish I had the bravery to do that with my players.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. More of this forever. Yes.

I just stumbled upon this while attempting to put together an Only War Campaign. I'm up to Heretic Purging and I love it thus far.

Shoggy. NEED MOAR.

I've returned from the mountains and writing has resumed! Here's a short interlude from between where the last chapter left off and where the next chapter starts!

Now, this started as an intro piece, but it became far too large, so I split it off. As a result, the writing style is a bit different from usual, and significantly more raw party dialogue has been left in. So I'd like to apologize in advance if the language gets a little crude, it's Aimy's fault.

The All Guardsmen Party Interlude: Dewarp

Yay :D

IT IS SUCH A TEASE.

I still loved it.

Well, it's been a while, but here's the next chapter of the All Guardsmen Party, (Or at least part of it, no Tyranids are actually delivered in this portion, but I intend to catch up by this weekend or next)

In this chapter a Station is visited, Sarge is inquisitorial, NPCs are suprisingly useful, a black marketeer is contacted, Doc does scary things, a heroic speech is made, and vengeance is promised.

The All Guardsmen Party: Tyranid Delivery Experts

OH FETH SON! SHOGGY'S BACK IN THE HOUSE!

Edited by ColonelCommissar

Will you guys ever release an adventure pack for the faux-"Advent Horizon" scenario? Ship stats, map bits, that sort of thing?

And we're back:

Part 14: The [REDACTED] Conspiracy

Will you guys ever release an adventure pack for the faux-"Advent Horizon" scenario? Ship stats, map bits, that sort of thing?

Probably not as a big cool package unless someone at ffg ever asks for it, but a ton of notes and a few tables are available here: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Occurrence_Border

I want my own Inquisitor sockpuppet :wub:

This was, as always, nice write up of this "finest" Inquisitorial groups adventures.

On 3/5/2018 at 6:46 PM, ShoggySeldom said:

On the off chance there's still anyone interested:

I'm interested at least, if you're willing to answer, I guess I'm curious as to why the long break?

Just scheduling nightmare, or something else?