STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

By KCDodger, in X-Wing

And then in the last five minutes, we find out we’re just in Walter Bishop’s LSD fueled mind and the previous movies never, ever happened.

@Captain Lackwit and crew

qhyh08fws3s21.jpg

Cover of The Art of Rebels book

Keeping @Captain Lackwit ’s baby going.

76qs0bjcalv21.jpg

31 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Keeping @Captain Lackwit ’s baby going.

76qs0bjcalv21.jpg

Thanks, Hesh.

Just finished watching the series. Has been my comuting entretainment in the past weeks.

At first I found the show a bit too childish for my taste. I know it is a kids show, but wasn't sure if I would tolerate it and I almost quit in the first 4 or 5 episodes.

But I kept to it and boy I'm glad I did. I ended up enjoying the show a lot, caring about the chars and how the plot moved forward. Certainly much better Star Wars material than the new trilogy and greatly in line with the classic SW feel and ethos.

I hope I will revisit it in a few years when my kids are a bit older. Should probably have a Ghost model tucked away for a ta-da! moment 🤩

Edited by LUZ_TAK
On 11/14/2014 at 11:41 PM, Captain Lackwit said:

If there were ever any doubt that The Empire are indeed the bad guys, this show definitely punts that question away.

Was this ever in question???

I thought it was pretty clearly stated when they blew a whole inhabited planet just to make a point in the very first movie...

pl6p9iiy1ma31.jpg

Nice to see Hondo getting work after Rebels .

On 7/16/2019 at 7:32 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Hahahahahahaha it’s almost like the (body) parts the light is touching are what Anakin loses 😂

22 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Nice to see Hondo getting work after Rebels .

Ohmigosh I want to go.

3 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Hahahahahahaha it’s almost like the (body) parts the light is touching are what Anakin loses 😂

Nice catch

The Cassian Andor series that is in production is during the Rebels time period, and they already slipped in the Ghost , General Syndulla and Chopper cameos in Rogue One... I wonder if we will see any more nods to or straight up live-action appearances of the Spectre team? :huh:

1 minute ago, kris40k said:

they already slipped in the Ghost , General Syndulla and Chopper cameos in Rogue One...

When are this cameos? In Yavin?

23 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

You can see a VCX-100 landed at the Yavin base in some of the external shots, it also fights at the Battle of Skariff, and even has a camera shot tracking it through the battle at one point. Its not straight up called the Ghost but there wasn't many other VCX-100's known to be running around with the rebellion at that time.

Image result for chopper at yavin

During a conversation at the Yavin base, in the background audio you can hear called out over the loudspeakers, "General Syndulla, please report to <some area>"

There is also a shot of a C1-series droid that rolls by in the background. While its not directly addressed as Chopper in the movie, its has his paint job and is an obvious nod to the Spectre team being present at Yavin.

Image result for chopper at yavin

Edited by kris40k

That is awesome! Txs for the headsup!

I believe it was also the model they used in Rebels Recap so… it’s Chop.

1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

The Ghost veers off to the left of the screen and escapes the arrival of the Devastator , Vader’s flagship at the time.

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun
1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

That is awesome! Txs for the headsup!

What is also cool is Vanessa Marshal, voice of Hera, has a spoken line in Rogue One , overheard on the radio chatter during the Battle. She says she wasn't voicing the character of Hera, however, just an un-named pilot.

I suspect that is just because of actor-guild rules and such. Had she been playing the role of Hera, there likely would have had to been certain contractual rules, attribution, compensation, etc. for what I understand was just akin someone grabbing her in the hall and asking, "Hey, do you want to read a line for Rogue One real quick?" "Sure!"

I admit I could totally be off base there, however.

Edited by kris40k

Also, an interesting design choice for Episode 9

Image result for Star Wars Rebels Jedi Temple Guard gif

Image result for episode 9 rey lightsaber gif

Bah, looks like Hesh linked it in the Ep. IX thread over in OT:

Edited by kris40k

p33a1xgr5jj31.png

Duel by Sabydraws

20 hours ago, kris40k said:

Also, an interesting design choice for Episode 9

Image result for Star Wars Rebels Jedi Temple Guard gif

Image result for episode 9 rey lightsaber gif

Bah, looks like Hesh linked it in the Ep. IX thread over in OT:

The way they start the saber is way cooler, though. Just snap that out right quick.

There was a recent video where Jon Favreau, who is helming The Mandalorian , mentioned working closely with Filoni on worldbuilding. I suspect Abrams did the same and Filoni got this lightsaber design slipped into Ep. IX.

Edited by kris40k
On 8/29/2019 at 10:45 AM, kris40k said:

The Cassian Andor series that is in production is during the Rebels time period, and they already slipped in the Ghost , General Syndulla and Chopper cameos in Rogue One... I wonder if we will see any more nods to or straight up live-action appearances of the Spectre team? :huh:

Filoni was recently asked if any characters from the animated series could translate to live action. He gave a non-answer (something like, "that'd be something to see") but it would actually be really cool to see Hera walking around. At the very least, seeing the Ghost or Phoenix Squad in another dogfight where they interact with Cassian's group would be really cool, even if we don't see the faces of the characters from the animated shows.

22 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Filoni was recently asked if any characters from the animated series could translate to live action. He gave a non-answer (something like, "that'd be something to see") but it would actually be really cool to see Hera walking around. At the very least, seeing the Ghost or Phoenix Squad in another dogfight where they interact with Cassian's group would be really cool, even if we don't see the faces of the characters from the animated shows.

Its basically already happened in Solo since they had Just Maul appear at the end with the combined talents of Ray Park (from Ep. I) and Sam Witwer (from The Clone Wars and Rebels )

Even if the voice actor doesn't match the look of the character, they've proven that they are able and willing to use a body actor and a voice actor for parts in the movies. I'm not sure if you want to do that with a leading role of a 2+ hour film, but a character making an appearance for a short time would be doable.

Edited by kris40k
1 hour ago, kris40k said:

Its basically already happened in Solo since they had Just Maul appear at the end with the combined talents of Ray Park (from Ep. I) and Sam Witwer (from The Clone Wars and Rebels )

Even if the voice actor doesn't match the look of the character, they've proven that they are able and willing to use a body actor and a voice actor for parts in the movies. I'm not sure if you want to do that with a leading role of a 2+ hour film, but a character making an appearance for a short time would be doable.

While I agree that this is basically the same, the fact that the character was in a film first does make it feel different enough that the "basically" might not be enough. Here's to hoping.