STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

By KCDodger, in X-Wing

12 hours ago, Forresto said:

I think   the problem is Rebels is a kids show written for 8 year olds.

RotJ stuck a knife in my heart at 7 years young. Not only did I witness firsthand the ‘end’ of SW I was aware of the overall decline of quality despite the excellent ramped up action and effects. A few years later the first attempts at serialized SW animation confused me since Droids had relatively involved story lines with ongoing arcs yet featured slap stick comedy and lackluster fight scenes fit for toddlers...and it was paired with Ewoks, a cartoon squarely aimed at the Care Bears and rainbow brite crowd. Cognitive dissonance is a trademark of SW ‘childrens’ entertainment as far as I am concerned. Silly simplistic plots and goofy action alongside war stories of genocide, sacrifice and suffering IS what SW has been for 30+ years, even before Rebels or Clone Wars. Consistent quality and tone has been a problem since the ESB end credits rolled.

Well, as a recently created refugee looking for a home, this looks like a good place to be. Nice and roomy.

Edited by Brunas
Just now, Brunas said:

Well, as a recently created migrant looking for a home, this looks like a good place to be. Nice and roomy.

I still haven’t watched the last season of rebels.

Also, I’m really interested in the new ‘re-released-only’ 2.0 tournaments.

can we just call that ‘standard’ now?

1 minute ago, Tlfj200 said:

I still haven’t watched the last season of rebels.

Also, I’m really interested in the new ‘re-released-only’ 2.0 tournaments.

can we just call that ‘standard’ now?

Pretty sure the other formats will be as used just as much as escalation is now

1 minute ago, Brunas said:

Pretty sure the other formats will be as used just as much as escalation is now

Not on release - people are too excited to play their k-wings and other bomb turrets...

...like the VCX, from rebels.

You just have to ask yourself, what would Kanan do?

Play standard so veteran players can be on the same level as newbies.

1 minute ago, Chumbalaya said:

You just have to ask yourself, what would Kanan do?

Blind and dead?

giphy.gif

The Rebels thread... A New Hope...

1 minute ago, LagJanson said:

Revenge of the Sith?

CITIZENS OF THE REBELS DISCUSSION THREAD, REMAIN CALM. YOUR THREAD IS KNOW UNDER THE TEMPORARY CONTROL OF THE KRAYTS UNTIL OUR GLORIOUS THREAD RETURNS TO THE FRONT PAGE

KRAYTS ON TOP

I agree

19 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

A thread to surpass metal gear

I agree

Begun, the thread wars have.

So I am guessing we can consider the Rebels thread “Kraytvented”

on top it is then

we did it bois! Most pages of a thread on the FFG forums! This was a LOT easier than whatever else we were trying to do.

So content.

Is rebels a good children’s cartoon or the BEST children’s cartoon?

On 5/12/2018 at 10:36 AM, Alpha17 said:

The Maul/Obi-Wan fight is a great example of Rebels at its finest, with great build up, wonderful execution, amazing characters, and tons of emotion. Sadly, for every scene like that there's one of space whales, wolves, and mind-numbingly dumb Imperials. In The Clone Wars , the show was still hit or miss, but the hits outnumber the misses in my mind, while in Rebels , it's at best 50/50.

Comparing Rebels and Clone Wars, I think Rebels has higher peaks and lower valleys. Clone Wars has more peaks and fewer valleys, but I stand by the statement that Rebels is the Star Wars I was promised when I was pitched TLJ.

2 hours ago, Brunas said:

Well, as a recently created refugee looking for a home, this looks like a good place to be. Nice and roomy.

I agree

37 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

we did it bois! Most pages of a thread on the FFG forums! This was a LOT easier than whatever else we were trying to do.

So content.

But do you have a flag?

You can't claim a thread if you don't have a flag.

35 minutes ago, Yakostovian said:

Comparing Rebels and Clone Wars, I think Rebels has higher peaks and lower valleys. Clone Wars has more peaks and fewer valleys, but I stand by the statement that Rebels is the Star Wars I was promised when I was pitched TLJ.

oh, I think the Clone wars had much lower and many more valleys. I mean, Jar Jar had a whole story arc.

1 minute ago, Timathius said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlVRhAhe2VQ2rYKS4grYw

That's a pretty good flag.

GDI knows what they did.

1 hour ago, Kdubb said:

So content.

Yeah this was for sure a better idea then trying to actually spam post our way to the top ?

also rebels is probably the best children’s show I have watched as an adult, especially from the season 2 finally forward.

7 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

oh, I think the Clone wars had much lower and many more valleys. I mean, Jar Jar had a whole story arc.

I find spacewhale cavalry a far lower valley.

Clone Wars has the benefit (or detriment) of an additional 2 seasons. It should have more peaks and valleys by that alone. Maybe I'm overvaluing Rebels and my memory of Clone Wars is a bit distant, but I recall far more eye-rolling during Rebels than I did in Clone Wars. Rebels engaged me far better, and Clone Wars did not. Other than Clone Wars first season, it was pretty much solidly entertaining. A miss here or there, but rarely anything as groan inducing as the animals to the rescue we kept getting from Rebels. Make that part rarer, and Rebels becomes a near perfect representation of the Star Wars I want to see.