The Next Expansion

By Anarchium, in General Discussion

Sure, but a lot of the material for these games is not based on Lovecraft's writings anyway, including a good number of the old ones. And just because Lovecraft wrote mostly about the small corner of the world he was most familiar with doesn't mean a game dealing with global adventure should be shackled to it.

I'm good with whatever the setting is. I'm just happy the game isn't "done" and I'm hoping they do a good job with whatever the theme is.

Announced: masks of nyarlathotep! They’ve been teasing it all game series, so wonder if this is indeed a form of wrap up?

it does feel like it could be a culmination - check out the card that looks like a strange remnants exploration card in the preview.

campaign mode - I’m in

25 minutes ago, Krysmopompas said:

Announced: masks of nyarlathotep! They’ve been teasing it all game series, so wonder if this is indeed a form of wrap up?

it does feel like it could be a culmination - check out the card that looks like a strange remnants exploration card in the preview.

campaign mode - I’m in

It certainly feels like a "wrap-up" from what we've seen so far.

...and yes, they mention in the article that there are new Mystic Ruins cards (something we haven't seen since Strange Remnants).

They've shown very little content, and even though it's a big box is be surprised to see a new map in there. Maybe it'll be like the miskatonic horror expansion for AH.

6 hours ago, mulletcheese said:

They've shown very little content, and even though it's a big box is be surprised to see a new map in there. Maybe it'll be like the miskatonic horror expansion for AH.

That's my guess as well. We're at the right point in the cycle: not counting the redo for Dark Pharaoh, AH had 4 big expansions and 4 small - which is where EH is at if you include Masks.

Personally I'm stoked - I've not played recently so maybe this will breathe some life into the game.

Id be happy if this was the conclusion to EH. They've only got 2 months left to announce the 30th anniversary edition Of Arkham Horror (based on the EH system), sort of like carrying on with EH but with a new base board.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:52 AM, mulletcheese said:

Id be happy if this was the conclusion to EH. They've only got 2 months left to announce the 30th anniversary edition Of Arkham Horror (based on the EH system), sort of like carrying on with EH but with a new base board.

When are they making a "30th Anniversary Edition" of Arkham Horror based on the EH system? They didn't announce it at Arkahm Nights.... Just expansions for all the existing games except AH.

5 hours ago, xodarap said:

When are they making a "30th Anniversary Edition" of Arkham Horror based on the EH system? They didn't announce it at Arkahm Nights.... Just expansions for all the existing games except AH.

It's just a popular wish among some fans.

16 hours ago, xodarap said:

They haven't announced it but they have announced anniversary editions of both twilight imperium and star wars RPG, it seems a little odd that arkham was not included.

If masks is the conclusion to EH then it is a good time to return to arkham, an anniversary edition could combine the best bits of both AH and EH.

13 hours ago, tsuma534 said:

It's just a popular wish among some fans.

Oh okay, thanks for letting me know! :)

2 hours ago, mulletcheese said:

They haven't announced it but they have announced anniversary editions of both twilight imperium and star wars RPG, it seems a little odd that arkham was not included.

If masks is the conclusion to EH then it is a good time to return to arkham, an anniversary edition could combine the best bits of both AH and EH.

I'm hoping that masks isn't a conclusion but a new style of expansion focusing on the investigators! Some of them have even eclipsed old favorites from more well known IPs because of their character. I would likely jump on a anniversary edition of the one that started it all though! Even though A.H. was the game that got me back into hobby board games having followed Steve Jackson and GW before, I could never find it so I went with Runebound 2nd ed. instead, then Descent, then full circle with Elder Sign, Eldritch Horror, Mansions of Madness, and the LCG. It's hard to actually pick a favorite among them but I would definitely like to revisit the originator of the Arkham Files! :)