Threat From the East Bay

By dormouse, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Out of curiosity, what cardpool do people generally play with at the gatherings?

I'll likely drop by sometime after I've gotten a bit more in terms of cards (just one LCG core set right now as I got a bunch of COC cards before I decided to check out AGOT on a few recommendations and ended up really liking it as well), but I'm unlikely to ever go pre-LCG . . . just can't afford that kind of thing these days. :)

No, by all means don't go buying old stuff unless you really wanted to. We were just asking because we wanted to know what the local "standard" is. There are a lot of cards I'll miss going to the LCG format but there's a lot of really good stuff going on in LCG too.

And if you want to play locally or carpool over the hill Amante just let me know. At the moment Jen and I only have the Core set ourselves. I figure we'll get the rest if it looks like we'll be able to play again regularly.

cha0s said:

Khaleesi said:

We now are proud parents of my 11 year old daughter who wants to learn the game as soon as we dig cards out of our closet.

Congratulations! Very exciting for you both and of course kids are welcome at my place...assuming we are at my place one of the days.

As far as Black Sword I have not heard anything but I am sure he is lurking around these boards somewhere...

Oh and for the "standard" cards, we will be using LCG only format (meaning everything in the core set, clash of arms CP, ravens CP, kings landing CP and of course the newest addition, GJ expansion. The reason for this is that we will have approx. 6-8 newer players that only have LCG cards and just learned the game in that format.

Syd may be in charge of putting together a Cube draft which would utilize many/most of the old power cards from the earlier sets. It should be fun for both new and old players. Hope to see you there!

Also, keep in mind that Pyromancer's Cache, and Jaqen are not LCG legal.

Ok people, the official "CaliCon 2009" post is up on the general discussion page. Go there to find out all the info for the event and post questions if you have them. Hope to see everyone there! gran_risa.gif

The Threat plays LCG almost exclusively (some of us have a deck or two from the Standard days, but most have not been updated).

I'd suggest Buying a Core Set, the Greyjoy Expansion and the Martell Expansion whenit comes out this fall. Those are must haves in my personal book. That will give you the base to play any house you want, plus cards to trade or splash as you choose. Then you can pick up Chapter Packs as at your whim going back and getting the older ones still available or just going from this point forward.

Ok people, we have a minor setback as I am thinking of rescheduling CaliCon. I know many of you have committed to at least one day out of the weekend of 12th and 13th, but how many of you are available (either day, or both) on the following weekend of the 19th and 20th? Please post here your preference for weekends ASAP. Thanks,

The new weekend is probably better for me. The difficulty, for me, with any Sunday is the early start time. I go to church on Sunday mornings, and couldn't be there to register until the early afternoon. Either Saturday works though.

I posted it in the main boards, but...

Toby's birthday is the 19th, making that weekend a "no go" for me.

Ok if you didn't see it on the General Discussion page, we will continue having CaliCon on the 12th and 13th of September. That is just under 2 weeks people. Make sure you have time off work if necessary and let me know if you need a place to crash. Hope to see everyone there!