Group Positive Thinking

By SolennelBern, in Runebound

I really want a new edition or a reprint to be announced. I've been playing 1st edition and loving it but I would love to get a new edition with expansions and everything. This game took my gaming group by storm when we started playing it, now my Talisman and expansions sit on the shelf a lot more. I just wish that I could get a couple more copies, preferably of a newer print, so that we could get several games going at once.

One thing that keeps getting brought up is the free flowing nature of the game and that it is telling a story while you are playing it, that's another reason why I want to see it in print again so that we can get the expansions and change up the story sometimes.

All in all I just would really love to see another print of this game and I know it would sell several copies in my gaming group alone. And my gaming group and I would be up to signing a petition to let FF know that there is interest out there.

I just wanted to let you know, in case you didn't already that FFG does still have a couple of the board expansions for sale as do many game stores so if you already have the 1st ed that might keep you happy for a bit. I completely agree that RuneBound should return, I just don't see anything wrong with 2nd ed. or with FFG making it easier and more profitible for themselves with a simple repritnt or at the very least since they invented the process. Print on demand. Seriously, why isn't RuneBound at LEAST Print on demand?

Im in for anything to get this guy back going

I found a first edition with all pieces. What is the difference between 2nd and first edition. I can get this for a steal and next to nothing. i dont think the guy knows what he has but hes just selling a ton of games.

First edition has hero and monster stats that are different, which is something you can't fix yourself. The backs of the cards are also different, meaning you can't mix expansions.

First edition also uses 1d20 instead of 2d10. You could fix this yourself, but I think the monster stats were designed around 1d20, so you might break the game if you change this.

Finally, it has cardboard cutouts instead of plastic miniatures, but that's only cosmetic.

I think if you play the first edition Runebound you will be fine. You'll only run into problems mixing it with expansions. It's better than nothing!

I finally found a copy! Ebay, 50$ bid or 69$ buy it now. Like new condition and original buyer and has played it once. Pics are very nice looking without any flaws. Second edition to boot. I went ahead and took the dive and got it. Heck for 20 bucks over retail and considering some of them with no buyout and starting at 75$ with frayed box edges and such and ones like Im getting that is like new going for 130-200$ i think I came out good. Should be here Friday. any suggestions on first expansion packs let me know in case I find something on a deal somewhere. Thanks for support guys! Ill be chiming in soon when I get it!

Edited by la1cajun

Is there any rumors or announcement that they'll bring this wonderful game back?

My board won't last long with the way we play it.

I'm seriously considering taking it to a print shop and getting it printed since the game isn't being sold any more.

But if they made the game again, I'd definitely buy a new one.

I play with 4 players all the time, it's a blast, just takes a good amount of time.

Edited by Heldawn

Wow hahahah

XCom, Dungeon Fighter and now SW: Armada...

Where's Runebound?

Heldawn, there are some things you can do to preserve your game. Sleeve your cards, and buy some Plexiglas to cover your game board.

Wow, how would you do the plexiglass deal. I know people just lay a piece on tables but are you talking about some cover for the whole thing that it stays in or just the precious deal of placing it on top ? If anyone can answer my new post on carnivorous flora that would be cool. Just figuring how to play it out . I just got the game so I may have a few questions. Just hope this forum stays active. Thanks again. Guys!

I think FFG should bring this back as a 3rd edition, updated to match the new descent.

I would love if they made it a living board game and released 60 card decks each month like they do with the living card games.

Letter in progress to FFG; petition site almost ready!

I saw the comment about Runebound being PvP. Wrong! As stated, in multiplayer it's a race and if you waste time engaging in PvP combat remember that the world's "clock" is ticking; this isn't Talisman where you have all the time in the world to screw over your opponent.

Lastly, Runebound plays beautifully as a solo game. Try it using the Doom track or the Threat counter. You have to balance between leveling up in encounters and getting to cities to get good loot. I wonder if the person who mentioned Runebound as being meant originally for PvP was thinking of Runewars as that game is absolutely PvP.

Vlad, are you still working on a petition site?

Bump for that petition!!!!!

Good idea - keep me posted...

I'd very much love a reprint of 2nd edition as well. At this point, even getting a used copy is a desire--but the prices are out of control. I can't imagine a reprint complete edition wouldn't generate a lot of interest--even if the only change was a new board and all expansions and editions in one fabulous package.

Made an account just to support this. I just found out about the game (unfortunately way too late) and desperate to get my hands on a copy for game night with the guys. I'll sign the petition right away as soon as that gets started. For RUNEBOUND!

Bump...

Sad to see there's still no news about a new RB edition...

I'm even more sad when I think I sold my almost complete collection many years ago because no one wanted to play the game...

Please FFG, do something about it :P

Didn't like playing solo?

Hi folks,

I recently jumped onto the RUNEBOUND waggon when I purchased a used 2. Edition with lots of expansions from ebay. Don't ask me what I paid for it or I'll start crying again. ;)

Nevertheless, I would be very pleased if FFG would announce a third edition of this game. With some tweaks and overhauls it could well become THE fantasy quest game for the next decade 'cause it's already great as it is. As for the overhauls I would really appreciate some form of "party building" for individual heroes to take on more dangerous quests/enemies/challenges. Also, I think it would be amazing if there was some kind of "questing" mechanic to find really rare and powerful artifacts. If anyone of you knows the game "Naufragos" (or "Castaways" in English) you might be familiar with the mechanic employed there. It consists of a couple of consecutive cards that tell a certain story arc. Only the cards numbered "0" are in the draw deck at the start of the game. Only if players draw one of those "starting cards" the next card is placed in the deck to be discovered. It works quite well in the context of that game and I could imagine something similar might work very well with the different decks in RUNEBOUND.

By the way: MAGE KNIGHT is an amazing game with brilliant mechanics. It scratches some of the itches you might have in terms of fantasy exploration and adventure games. :wub: