Painted Models (Image heavy thread)

By Engrimm, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I never painted anything related to descent the second edition came out. Maybe I sell the old game one day, and I'm sure that my "art" will not be apreciated. :D Better keep it untouched.

But I think, if someday I paint the stuff from the second edition will be a hard work, cuase the minis are smaller than those for D&D and most of them are even high color detailed. Well, let's see...

Going to stop painting Descent stuff for a few weeks, got the sudden urge to play another game lol. I'll be back soon with more photos :)

Those look fantastic. I like how you have painted the edge of the hero bases to match their class, nice touch :)

I've never painted anything smaller than an Airfix kit before (and those just in basic enamels), but having just bought the base set, Lt's and H&M packs and seeing the quality of the figures, plus your (and other's) photos I'm really inspired to have a shot at painting them. They look really bad on the board in just red grey and beige.

Just taken a delivery of a basic set of 16 Vallejo paints and a variety of tiny brushes so we'll see how I go at mixing colours, washes and drybrushing in such tiny detail. The YouTube videos make it look so easy... :)

You'll get used to it fast don't worry :) Right now I'm busy painting models from another game but I'm sure I'll be back on Descent in a month or 2.