New expansion announced: Forsaken Lore

By guillaumetexas, in General Discussion

I'm going to need more shelf space :wacko:

Nah - unless you need to keep the box for the expansion and the insert for the base game box. Plenty of room in the base box for everything with room for an expansion (and I use a tacklebox to store tokens).

I'm going to need more shelf space :wacko:

Nah - unless you need to keep the box for the expansion and the insert for the base game box. Plenty of room in the base box for everything with room for an expansion (and I use a tacklebox to store tokens).

Do you keep the inside purple hard paper (with an image) or do you throw it away?

I keep.

I certainly keep it, although some of my tokens have to be stored underneath it to make room.

I tossed mine, I have an adjustable multi-chambered art box that I keep my tokens in. I have a Crown Royal bag for my monster cup, and a smaller bag for my search tokens. Everything fits perfectly, even with the minis based and out of the art box.

Does anyone have prior experience with Fantasy Flight and deadlines? I'm used to game companies announcing things and then not releasing them until 6-7 months after the scheduled date; is FF any better about that then most?

It's not uncommon for a six month wait. OTOH, they've had faster turnarounds too.

Does anyone have prior experience with Fantasy Flight and deadlines? I'm used to game companies announcing things and then not releasing them until 6-7 months after the scheduled date; is FF any better about that then most?

FF is very good at letting people know when their products are available. Follow the Upcoming games link and it will show when the product will be available. I would say Forsaken Lore will be out in June or July the latest, unless something unfortunate occurs in the development process.

The game is at the printer. This means the testing is done, so unless some technical problems arise it's very likely that the schedule is respected. Generally speaking, they are quite good in respecting deadlines.

I have been a big FFG supporter, and have always noticed that if they say it will be out in 2nd Quarter, it will be out in 2nd Quarter. It might be towards the end of the quarter, or almost the end of that month, but they have reliably met their deadlines over at least the last 2 years for me.

The game is at the printer. This means the testing is done, so unless some technical problems arise it's very likely that the schedule is respected. Generally speaking, they are quite good in respecting deadlines.

Printing is the long bit, in my experience. So I'm hoping it will have significantly fewer hiccups than most.