So...

By HappyDaze, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

He's talking about the Beta boards, and they disappeared at the same time that this forum went live.

I can get to the beta boards by clicking the catalogue tab at top, then RPGs, then the AoRBeta picture, and then message boards.

there's a forum archive here .

Here's my silly question - how long until they start selling the Beta rulebook for Force and Destiny? :)

I suspect it'll launch at GenCon with wide release a few weeks later or so; just like the last two.

I was absolutely sure F&D would be blue, probably dark blue. But, now that the idea of green has been put into my head, I'm all aboard the green train. I'll take a picture of Luke with Yoda on his back (or Luke standing on his hands with Yoda perched on his foot, either way) and some artwork of Dagobah behind them.

Its almost definitely going to be Obi-wan and Yoda.

The previous two covers have tended to use a colour that is similar to those of the characters, so I am guessing it will be an earthy green colour.

I just wonder how much of the content is one to one replica from EotE. That is whether it will further my game if I intend to stick to EotE.

The core rule book is probably going to be a pretty poor investment.

New, but usable to EtoE: a few species, I think 5 There are a few repeats from EtoE, but I believe 4 or 5 are completely new. Scratch that, the scout book had duros, so one less. Regardless, you could get the stats on the EtoE boards.

some ships, there are actually a good number of ships, but only some will port to EtoE. Maybe the fighters, the Lambada, a few others.

classes that are military centered etc..

there is one new skill (again found on EtoE boards)

and a handful of new talents (most are talents right out of EtoE).

Completely new, but not used by EtoE: Duty (obligation reworked for AoR)

the adventure

most of the bad guys (a few will be, but you'd need an awful large imperial presence in the outer rim to make use of a lot of them.

a walker... and some other stuff that is war/AoR specific (again, hutts aren't exactly bringing a star destroyer to the party).

Stuff you already have, don't need: The whole rules section, how to play, 200 pages of fluff, etc...

If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 25-30% of the material will be a good fit for EtoE. At least that was what it worked out to for the beta... and that had 200 less pages of fluff.

If you have no intention of using AoR, I would suggest trying to find a beta at an affordable price, as almost everything you're going to use is going to be in there, and at cover price it is less then half the cost. I'd actually say everything, but leaving some room for a surprise in the final product.

That said, I'd be willing to bet that if it could be ported, you're eventually going to see it come out in the EtoE line. I'll be shocked if Mon Cals are not in the politico book, etc... so, if you have that kind of patience, more power to you. I don't.... I know I'm hardly going to use the AoR book, but the star wars bug in me will still insist I get it, and I already have the beta book, so really I'm just getting it for the pictures and because it says star wars on the cover... oh... and my book shelf needs some more red added to it.

You hinted at the content located on the EotE boards...well I'm too dull to find it. You don't by any chance have the proper access codes (links) for me :(

Yeah, sorry I was referring to the beta boards... the link is provided above, but I'll post it here too. AoR Beta Boards

Also, a lot of info (the species stats) came from the Order 66 podcast that was right after GenCon. You can find that at this link. It is currently numbers 9 and 10 (gut tells me 9 is more important). If you haven't experienced these podcasts make sure you're in a good seat, cause your bum is gonna hurt. They are kinda long, 3+ hours, but great info can be gleamed from them.

Hope it helps. If you have any problems please let me know.

Edited by Shamrock

The previous two covers have tended to use a colour that is similar to those of the characters, so I am guessing it will be an earthy green colour.

Or Obi-Wan and R2, which would be cool because of the "and Destiny" half, i.e. non-Force-Users. But almost certainly Obi-Wan, I agree.

Oh, Ser Folly! Use this to cross reference any information you come across. It's the latest update, errata, if you will. It also contains the "boot camp" tree I mentioned above, on the very last page.

Or Obi-Wan and R2, which would be cool because of the "and Destiny" half, i.e. non-Force-Users. But almost certainly Obi-Wan, I agree.

If they go that route, I'm hoping for Kenobi and both of the Droid duo.

Wow, Obi-Wan and the Droids on a blue cover would be great.

I still expect Obi-Wan and Yoda - both had great destinies, and since the main selling point of the book is "we haz Jediz!", it's very likely that's what they'll try to advertise: the two greatest Jedi Masters in the original trilogy.

I would mind seeing Luke and Vader crossing sabers. But that image has been over used.

If F&D is blue, then depending how you arrange them on your shelf you can claim to be patriotic to any one of several countries or any combination thereof.

F&D will have the three force ghosts, Yoda, Anakin, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

F&D will have the three force ghosts, Yoda, Anakin, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Despair: It's the Hayden Christensen Anakin Force-Ghost.

Not in my Universe!

Not in my Universe!

Too d**n right! :angry: