So...

By HappyDaze, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Yeah, it's announced. I'm expecting it in late June.

Probably. Maybe sooner, only for the fact that now that they have a format from EotE under their belt and they hopefully fixed those mistakes.

will the release of AoR mean the end of supplement books for EotE?

Edited by Kainrath

I very much doubt that. We still got to go through most Career supplements for EotE. If anything, I think we might see both an EotE and an AoR supplement each month. Better start saving. :P

Yeah, I highly doubt FFG will stop with EotE products. As Veruca pointed out, there's many more Career supplements to make as well as EotE material, plus, Jewel of Yavin, while may be a EotE supplement, it will have its uses in AoR.

Maybe we'll finally have rules or stats for Princess Leia's hairbuns. :lol: @(^ _ ^)@

Edited by Talley Darkstar

Here's my silly question - how long until they start selling the Beta rulebook for Force and Destiny? :)

Here's my silly question - how long until they start selling the Beta rulebook for Force and Destiny? :)

Yes please.

That's some really lovely art in the news post.

August, of course. But I'm sure that once we get the Foresee power under our belts, it'll feel like yesterday.

Quite excited! I'm hoping for a early Q2 release . . . but I fully expect it to be a late one . . . I'll be buying regardless, the question is, which time would be best for my suffering wallet . . . now certainly wouldn't be good . . . now . . . I want it now . . . food is irrelevant . . . I want it now!

First time posting on these forums, and I signed up just to say that I'm ridiculously excited for this. I had never played an RPG in my life until my friend sucked me into Edge of the Empire last summer. It's been a blast, and I'm looking forward to more!

I just wonder how much of the content is one to one replica from EotE. That is whether it will further my game if I intend to stick to EotE.

I'm willing to bet that a lot of the Core book for AoR is gonna look a lot like the EotE one, just with different dressing. And that's okay. I've got a couple friends that were interested in the system, but were waiting for a more trooper/army-centric book rather than drop the cash on a smugglers/fringers one.

will the release of AoR mean the end of supplement books for EotE?

Not at all... Though as I've pointed out elsewhere, you're going to see some reprinted material pop up more often, because they are written as stand-alones, but compatible. If you have the beta, we're already seeing this with duros, and I gotta imagine more species to come. I doubt EtoE is ever going to see a star destroyer, but don't be shocked if some of the other ships make the port. Stuff like that. Eventually, I have to imagine that sub-classes are going to start porting over, after all, who wants a soldier tree devoid of the basic soldier, or the "heavy"?

Like the warhammer line, you're going to see multiple books coming from both systems. It's going to quicken the pace of new material if you're trying to keep up with everything. I recall a time in W40K were it was like a new book a month, if not 2. My wallet is already pleading with my star wars prostitute half, to stop, in anticipation of whats to come.

Wait till F&D when you're trying to keep up with 3 lines....

You could hasten the longevity with a ticket to GenCon, but be warned AoR sold out the first day in a matter of hours. So be there early and expect to wait in line.

With EtoE, the books were available online before GenCon was even over. AoR, I don't think they anticipated the number of people looking to buy into the beta, it was like 2 months, or so (it felt like a year) before they had books to sell to non-attendees.

I just wonder how much of the content is one to one replica from EotE. That is whether it will further my game if I intend to stick to EotE.

The core rule book is probably going to be a pretty poor investment.

New, but usable to EtoE: a few species, I think 5 There are a few repeats from EtoE, but I believe 4 or 5 are completely new. Scratch that, the scout book had duros, so one less. Regardless, you could get the stats on the EtoE boards.

some ships, there are actually a good number of ships, but only some will port to EtoE. Maybe the fighters, the Lambada, a few others.

classes that are military centered etc..

there is one new skill (again found on EtoE boards)

and a handful of new talents (most are talents right out of EtoE).

Completely new, but not used by EtoE: Duty (obligation reworked for AoR)

the adventure

most of the bad guys (a few will be, but you'd need an awful large imperial presence in the outer rim to make use of a lot of them.

a walker... and some other stuff that is war/AoR specific (again, hutts aren't exactly bringing a star destroyer to the party).

Stuff you already have, don't need: The whole rules section, how to play, 200 pages of fluff, etc...

If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 25-30% of the material will be a good fit for EtoE. At least that was what it worked out to for the beta... and that had 200 less pages of fluff.

If you have no intention of using AoR, I would suggest trying to find a beta at an affordable price, as almost everything you're going to use is going to be in there, and at cover price it is less then half the cost. I'd actually say everything, but leaving some room for a surprise in the final product.

That said, I'd be willing to bet that if it could be ported, you're eventually going to see it come out in the EtoE line. I'll be shocked if Mon Cals are not in the politico book, etc... so, if you have that kind of patience, more power to you. I don't.... I know I'm hardly going to use the AoR book, but the star wars bug in me will still insist I get it, and I already have the beta book, so really I'm just getting it for the pictures and because it says star wars on the cover... oh... and my book shelf needs some more red added to it.

Edited by Shamrock

No one has asked the MOST important question yet... what colour will F&D be?!?

I'm pulling for purple... like Mace saber purple. and if they could use that plaint that retains light and appears to glow... that would be great.

I'm thinking green for colour.

Is anyone else excited that Star Wars: Rebels will be coming out this year too? If it's good it will give some inspiration for Rebellion stories. I wonder if a sourcebook (eventually) would be out of the question.

Coincidence, I think not.

I'm pulling for purple... like Mace saber purple. and if they could use that plaint that retains light and appears to glow... that would be great.

BLACK..with the vader vs luke duel from RotJ. Or a half profile of vader....

A dark purple would be kind nice. Nothing too bright. My money though is on blue. Maybe even an earthy brown because of Jedi robes.

Light blue...

I think light blue or green, with Yoda and Obi-Wan on the cover.

The core rule book is probably going to be a pretty poor investment.

New, but usable to EtoE: a few species, I think 5 There are a few repeats from EtoE, but I believe 4 or 5 are completely new. Scratch that, the scout book had duros, so one less. Regardless, you could get the stats on the EtoE boards.

some ships, there are actually a good number of ships, but only some will port to EtoE. Maybe the fighters, the Lambada, a few others.

classes that are military centered etc..

there is one new skill (again found on EtoE boards)

and a handful of new talents (most are talents right out of EtoE).

Completely new, but not used by EtoE: Duty (obligation reworked for AoR)

the adventure

most of the bad guys (a few will be, but you'd need an awful large imperial presence in the outer rim to make use of a lot of them.

a walker... and some other stuff that is war/AoR specific (again, hutts aren't exactly bringing a star destroyer to the party).

Stuff you already have, don't need: The whole rules section, how to play, 200 pages of fluff, etc...

If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 25-30% of the material will be a good fit for EtoE. At least that was what it worked out to for the beta... and that had 200 less pages of fluff.

If you have no intention of using AoR, I would suggest trying to find a beta at an affordable price, as almost everything you're going to use is going to be in there, and at cover price it is less then half the cost. I'd actually say everything, but leaving some room for a surprise in the final product.

That said, I'd be willing to bet that if it could be ported, you're eventually going to see it come out in the EtoE line. I'll be shocked if Mon Cals are not in the politico book, etc... so, if you have that kind of patience, more power to you. I don't.... I know I'm hardly going to use the AoR book, but the star wars bug in me will still insist I get it, and I already have the beta book, so really I'm just getting it for the pictures and because it says star wars on the cover... oh... and my book shelf needs some more red added to it.

You hinted at the content located on the EotE boards...well I'm too dull to find it. You don't by any chance have the proper access codes (links) for me :(

Edited by Ser Folly