Anyone won by solving the Final Mystery yet?

By Wolfgar, in General Discussion

Specifically, the mystery on the back of the AO sheet. Has anyone here won that way yet?

Julia said she beat it on other topic. I think the only way possible to beat shub and his 5 creatures is using a dynamite or "sending" those agents (asset - service) that do 4 damage in each creature on a space. You need the "feds" help on this one. LOL

Oh, maybe if an investigator stays in Tokyo. There are quite interesting encounter cards there that help defeat monsters, even the epic monsters.

Edited by Nainphy

I never done it.... sound almost impossible. ...

I soq only one time Yog-Sottoth special encounter for all 3 months of playing and I play a lot actually.....

I managed to win (via Final Mystery) against Cthulhu. It was more a case of being in the right place at the right time - I'd solved the third mystery, but doom went to 0 and he woke up. I had an investigator already in his location who was loaded with all the correct equipment.

I want to remind that when you meet all requirements of a mystery you need to wait until the next mythos phase to end. Just then the mystery is solved and you draw the next one.

Edited by Nainphy

I managed to win (via Final Mystery) against Cthulhu. It was more a case of being in the right place at the right time - I'd solved the third mystery, but doom went to 0 and he woke up. I had an investigator already in his location who was loaded with all the correct equipment.

Doesn't the Big C appear on a specific location on the map when he rises from the deep, so it's easy enough to be on that location as the Doom track gets close to zero? If that is the case, I could see you there loaded to the hilt ... Good job in putting him down!

Walts

I want to remind that when you meet all requirements of a mystery you need to wait until the next mythos phase to end. Just then the mystery is solved and you draw the next one.

The defeat happened on the next turn. The precise sequence was:

1. completed requirements for third mystery
  2. during mythos phase, doom hits 0 and Chthulhu awakens
  3. mythos phase ends, mystery three is solved and Cthulhu epic monster spawns is placed on board
  4. next turn investigator takes down Cthulhu.

Doesn't the Big C appear on a specific location on the map when he rises from the deep, so it's easy enough to be on that location as the Doom track gets close to zero? If that is the case, I could see you there loaded to the hilt ... Good job in putting him down!

Walts

He does indeed spawn on a fixed spot - the same spot where the "Rl'yeh rising" mystery happens at (which seems appropriate). And that happened to be my third mystery - so planning wasn't needed in this case.

I suppose Cthulhu being spawned on a different location would make killing him more difficult?

Obviously appearing on the same spot makes him easy to plan ahead and get too ... maybe a variant for the Big C!

Walts

I completed 4 mysteries against Yog-Sothoth mostly with the Diana/Charlie combo, with Chuck sacrificing himself on what became the second-to-last turn. Leo did one turn before the win was complete.

We have played 3 matches today. Lost 2 and won 1 (against Yog-Sothoth, but we won by solving the 3 mysteries, doom track was at 2 when we won. Phew! ^^). In a match of the other 2 we lost, we managed to do 3 damage (2 player game, Cthullu has 5 of toughness) on Cthullu. The mythos deck was empty and we had to draw one more mythos. Though, game over, we lost the game. I had an artifact that would do 3 of damage to him in the next round as an action (i was in Buenos Aires, my two actions IF i had an extra round would be one action to move to space 3 and one action to use the artifact (killing Cthullu who was with 2 of toughness only, no eldritch tokens on his space, so i wouldn't be delayed by his ability). We lost because we needed just one more mythos card, a round. Frustating. It's the second or third time i lose a game because i needed only one extra round to win. -_-

Such a close call! Too bad for the extra missing round!

(Nainphy, out of curiosity: have you considered logging your games for Tibs' statistics ? You play a lot and know the game well, and yours could be an important contribution to the community. Just wondering)

Such a close call! Too bad for the extra missing round!

(Nainphy, out of curiosity: have you considered logging your games for Tibs' statistics ? You play a lot and know the game well, and yours could be an important contribution to the community. Just wondering)

I did that now. BUT i could only do it three times because it was the statistics i remember. All the other games i've played i already forgot the details to fulfill the entries needed.

Hey, three more is a good number :) Plus, I guess you'll be playing some more Eldritch in the days to come :)

I've played 3 more matches today. One against Cthullu, one against "uncle Shub" and one against "Azathoth". Lost all 3. Hahahahaha. Damned pretty hard game. xD

Already fulfilled Tib's statistics 3 more times

In the last 6 matches i've played i won one and lost 5. Hahaha!

1 Azathoth - failure (Diana and Akachi)

1 "uncle Shub" - failure (Diana and Jacqueline Fine)

3 Cthullu - failure (Diana and Lily/ Trish and Lily/ Diana and Charlie Kane)

1 Yog-Sothoth - WIN! (Diana, Lily and Norman Withers)

All Dianas and one Trish are mine. ^^

Reminding you we choose our investigators FIRST and then we roll an AO randomly (1 for Cthullu, 2 for "uncle Shub", 3 for Yog-Sothoth, 4 for Azathoth and 5-6 we roll the die again, except for 2 Cthullus in these six tries because with him the game is faster and usually the last match of the day we don't have much time to play). xD

Edited by Nainphy

I've played 3 more matches today. One against Cthully, one against "uncle Shub" and one against "Azathoth". Lost all 3. Hahahahaha. Damned pretty hard game. xD

Already fulfilled Tib's statistics 3 more times.

But we need expansions as I always say.......

In the last 6 matches i've played i won one and lost 5. Hahaha!

1 Azathoth - failure - doom track reached 0 = game over (Diana and Akachi)

1 "uncle Shub" - failure - Shub awakened and spawned 5 more monsters on his space = game over (Diana and Jacqueline Fine)

3 Cthullu - failure (Diana and Lily - Solved the 3 misteries and Cthullu had only 2 more of life, funny fact was i had an artifact that when i use i do 3 of damage to a creature on my space (it costs an action to use), we just needed an extra round - lost by mythos deck depletion, we had to draw a mythos card and no more "donuts" for us/ Trish and Lily (both became insane and were eliminated because Cthullu was already awakened)/ Diana (became insane in the middle of the match, replaced by Trish) and Charlie Kane, both were eliminated by becoming insane after Cthullu had awakened.

1 Yog-Sothoth - WIN! (Diana, Lily and Norman Withers - noone devoured and noone defeated, though i had a dark pact that when we won the game i flipped to see its effect - "You're devoured!". Funny thing was i had to roll 5 or 6 times during the game and luckily i didn't roll any "1s". We won with the doom track at 2. Victory by 3 mysteries solved).

I played all the time as Diana or Trish.

Yes, as you can see, i love Diana Stanley. ^^

Reminding you that here where we play we choose our investigators FIRST and then we roll an AO randomly (1 for Cthullu, 2 for "uncle Shub", 3 for Yog-Sothoth, 4 for Azathoth and 5-6 we roll the die again, except for 2 Cthullus in these six tries because with him the game is faster and usually the last match of the day we don't have much more time to play).

When we replace an investigator because s/he was defeated or devoured, we replace with an investigator we like, not the best against the current AO. xD

Edited by Nainphy