Relic: Nemesis Expansion

By Matthewabair, in Relic

In store now. Hope it is sent express to my local preordered store :P

I wonder when it's available in UK since I buy most FFG games from Book Depository. Otherwise, it costs double with shipping.

I got my email form infinity games today telling m they had it ;)

It is out!!! Blood for the blood god!

Just got a copy and it's very interesting :)

Should be fun :)

Awesome. Share information. Numbers of types of cards. Any unexpected rules.

The rules for pvp aren't exactly what I thought but interesting anyway.

Types of cards , there are a few new cards for each color (apostate basically) , alot of new equipment , new Relics are awesome.

Nemisis cards are godd (about 20ish for each of the 4) and about 50ish imperium cards for the nemisis to fight.

Both new "heroes" are good and the 4 new scenarios are great although gonna take a bit to get used to.

As usual all the pieces are good and I like the "modular" pieces for the Nemisis trackers.

All together a great expansion and I haven't even played yet :)

I just picked the expansion up. I have a couple of issues with the presentation of the expansion.

1. FFG says it expands to 6 players. But the base game comes with 4 dice, one for each player. No extra dice for the extra players packed in?

2. The rulebook for the base game is standard 8.5 inch x 11 inches. The rule book for the expansion is 9.5 inch x 9.5 inch square. Why not keep the shape of the rulebooks the same? Just makes the whole thing look better.

Edited by Ken on Cape

Generally you don't need more than 1 dice at a time anyway (in our experience as we roll the same 1 for explosions) and the book seems fine as most games it seems that expansions have smaller books.

Anyway to each thier own :)

I just think FFG should have all rulebooks for a game and expansions to be the same format.

My distributer ( http://www.milsims.com.au/ ) still not received the game. Such a long painful wait.

Is this a good expansion for mostly 2-player games or can I pass on it?

Could it be fun to play 1 "good" and 1 "bad" character in 2-player games?

I ask this because 100% of my games are 2-player with Relic, dunno why, it's like that...sad but true. But it's a great game anyways even with a low amount of player.

Nemesis adds a lot of extra wargear options to the game (more powerful). 24 wargear, 7 relics, 9 threat cards (assets).

In a 2 player game of Imperium only (No nemesis) you can still PvP using the new Apostate vs Devotee rules.

Also 2 new Imperium characters. 2 extra colour choices (black and red) for stand and level pegs :P

** I don't have the expansion though. **

And now we have to hope that there will be more expansions following. :)