Relic: Nemesis Expansion

By Matthewabair, in Relic

Possibly true?

http://www.milsims.com.au/node/130164

Nemesis is the first expansion for Relic, and introduces player-versus-player combat to the Relic board game. As players struggle to determine the destiny of a crucial segment of the Imperium’s far-flung border, they gain the option to assume the role of one of the Imperium’s most dangerous enemies: a blood-crazed Khorne Berserker, a cunning Eldar Exarch, a savage Tyranid Broodlord, or a seductive but lethal Champion of Slaanesh. Relic: Nemesis further tempts the Imperium’s boldest defenders with new wargear and relics.

Features

• The first expansion for the Relic board game
  • Introduces player-versus-player combat
  • Players can now assume the roles of enemies to the Imperium, such as a Khorne Berserker, Eldar Exarch, Tyranid Broodlord, or Champion of Slaanesh
  • Includes six new character pieces - four nemesis pieces and two character pieces
  • Also adds four new scenario sheets, and 140 cards

Sounds interesting!

Sweet.

Great news FFG! Thanks!

It looks fantastic. Can't wait!

I love that they did not just add a few characters and a few cards and scenarios - new gameplay options are great. The more choices, the better.

Pretty much gonna buy it on the first day.

Can't wait for this!

Thank you FFG, I absolutely love the look of this. THANK YOU so much for maybe having listen to us.

Thank you thank you.

Where is the pre-order button?

So now that I have stopped jumping up and down in my office and got to read the description, we are actually getting TWO new ways of playing Relic.

1- the olde way, i.e. we are all working together but we are trying to achieve the same goal first. The two new characters add even more diversity to the game. Nice.

2- the Apostate Vs Devotee game mode which means that we can use the Imperium characters against one and another, and depending on how the game goes, we can either choose to be Apostate or Devotee.

3- And, now we will have The Enemies of the Imperium game mode which will allow us to fight Xeno/chaos versus Imperium.

So, 1 expansion, 2 new ways of playing... Awesome expansion me think.

Yeah this really does look awesome. I think I'm reading it right..I can now play as a Eldar Dire Avenger...so good.

Where's new board? Fast! Annouce another (big box) expansion FFG! I dare you! :D

Great idea! Many new expansion concepts (I wonder why Nemesis ' players have only one stat opposite to three like good guys) all folded into a 'big' (from the view I assume it is comparable as box size like the 'regional' expansions from Descent 2nd) one.

I wonder if they shall put new adventure cards plus new equip doable even without new rules and settings.

The PvP approach looks nice, I wonder if for next true big expansions will try something like Runebound (a new 'regional/interstellar map that is placed above original one) or the same as Talisman (Tau Space? Tomb World? Hive fleet? all placed around original map)

Edited by DracoPaladin

I'm always in for more options, characters, game modes, variety!

This expansion look awesome!

The game is getting some attention and that is good.

First of all hello to all - this is my first post.

I have played talisman since the 1st ed. No I play Relic as well. I'm looking forward to see new expansion, the most interesting thing is they have less stats than a normal character. I can't wait to see how it works!!!!

First of all hello to all - this is my first post.

I have played talisman since the 1st ed. No I play Relic as well. I'm looking forward to see new expansion, the most interesting thing is they have less stats than a normal character. I can't wait to see how it works!!!!

yes it is interesting to see that the enemies are playing differently than the normal character. They seem to level up by collecting "infamy" points but only have 9 levels. Therefore, we could conclude that it was deemed harder by the developers to collect infamy than it is to collect trophy points.

Also, with 2 attributes and a range of special abilities, it appears that these enemies may bring an asymmetric play to the game, that is, in a 2 player game, one player plays the enemy and uses a different system of play compared to its opponent.

All in all, this is very very interesting and may add a little complexity to the game which will be most welcome.

I just hope we also get miniature busts for Eversor and Stortrooper.

Please, please, please?

@Gryps, I would think so. Although, I could almost accept if FFG said "to reduce the price of the expansion from 39.99 to 34.99, we have decided that players can use the assassin and sniper busts for the two new character"

Although I would like to have the ability to purchase the busts separately if possible.

However, I am pretty sure they are not even going to open that can of worm, and instead give us 2 new busts. But if I were them, I would keep the pictures for a future news report and a little article about how these 2 new characters play.

Many 40K lovers, myself included, buy Relic for the wonderful character busts.

And would fanatically buy mini character expansions ~ like Descent lieutenants ~ even for just a miniature bust and a stats card.

Oh, and pegs!

Give us enough pegs for all busts!

Awesome!

Also the Nemesis expansion opens the homebrew to a much wider range of characters, from Necron lord, Ork Freebooterz, Eldar aspect warrior and so on!

I want Nemesis already!

oh, I didn't think about eldar aspect warriors. They are in the threat cards, so it would fit that they could be playable characters. Also, it opens the door to all sorts of chaos enemies: daemons and marines...

It will be a whole lot easier to come up with homebrew once we figure out how this enemy system works.

Nice, nice nice...

oh, I didn't think about eldar aspect warriors. They are in the threat cards, so it would fit that they could be playable characters. Also, it opens the door to all sorts of chaos enemies: daemons and marines...

It will be a whole lot easier to come up with homebrew once we figure out how this enemy system works.

Nice, nice nice...

Well, so also Tyranids are in the threat cards, but we have a special tyranid character in the expansion. Anyhow I'd like if the Nemesis units work in a total different way from the "heroes". A set of Nemesis threat card would be cool with lealist enemies to defeat!

Well, so also Tyranids are in the threat cards, but we have a special tyranid character in the expansion. Anyhow I'd like if the Nemesis units work in a total different way from the "heroes". A set of Nemesis threat card would be cool with lealist enemies to defeat!

Well, this is taken from the description page of the expansion

While Imperium characters work to resolve the scenario in the Inner Tier, Nemesis players work to gain infamy through clashing in battles with characters and resolving engagements throughout the Sector.

So, this leads me to believe that enemies will gain infamy by fighting off characters on the board, but that's clearly not enough. Enemies will still have to resolve threats to gain infamy.

Since no current cards from the threat decks have infamy on them, FFG has two solutions:

1- When playing an enemy of the emperium, treat all " gain influence" rewards found on threat cards as "gain infamy: This would be the easiest to implement, but I can't see FFG doing that.

2- Instead, I can imagine having an infamy deck from which the enemies "may choose" to draw whenever they land on a threat deck. After all, if you look at the picture with the contents from the box, we can see that the attribute boards with the little wheels for the new enemy characters only has 3 attribute wheels: A green wheel which is I think is probably life, a red wheel which should be strength which would indicate that enemies ONLY use strength to resolve threat AND there is that third wheel that looks like a chaos icon which I presume is the infamy attribute wheel.

So there must be some kind of special enemy deck otherwise enemies will have a hard time increasing their strength even though it seems to be the only attribute which enemies will be able to use when faced with threats.

Interesting...

I just hope we also get miniature busts for Eversor and Stortrooper.

Please, please, please?

Yeah you would think so, right? I'm sure they will.