Expansion Wishlisting

By MechaBri.Zilla, in Warhammer: Diskwars

I really wanna see them implement Goblins, Fanatics, Squigs, and the Doom Diver Catapult for the Orcs. I also really wanna see Dwarves, Skaven, and lastly implement more story driven scenarios.

Edited by Rhiga

Hahaha.

Just couldn't help it. Had to throw Space Marine out there :)

But on that note a 40K version of this would be interesting. In other words:

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Love this game :D

I've heard a couple people mention that they would like a 40k version of the game, and as much as I'd like to second that sentiment, I'm not sure that the Diskwars concept works as well in a game that is based more on ranged combat rather than melee.

One of the strengths of Diskwars is that so little of the game is random, to make a 40k version you would be placing the emphasis of the game on the one part of the game that actually is random.

Don't get me wrong, I would totally own and play that game, if only because I love me some 40k. That said, I think they would have to re-think some of the rules to make a truly good game.

Maybe a Dexterity element for ranged combat will be the Random Factor perhaps?

I really wanna see them implement Goblins, Fanatics, Squigs, and the Doom Diver Catapult for the Orcs. I also really wanna see Dwarves, Skaven, and lastly implement more story driven scenarios.

Fanatics and Squigs would be awesome. Story driven scenarios? Count me in. Maybe some campaign expansion.

I think the ideas for WHFB are fantastic. Everytime someone offers an idea I think it is great. and if you are not keeping up with the mini game, i dont play but always like to see what comes out, the dwarves just got a Gyrocopter...that will be fun in this game for sure.

I do not think this game would work so well in a 40k setting. What I really want to see FFG do for 40k is use the co-op LCG format they decided not to use for Star Wars for 40k. that would be super awesome.

see that FFG! I am a genius! Make my game...now! ;)

I think it would be cool for some of the chaos/crazy goblin units is they had different stats/different abilities on either side of their disk. I think that could work well for goblins and add to the flavor of crazy goblin wackyness and it could work for some of the more unpredictable chaos units.

I think it would be cool for some of the chaos/crazy goblin units is they had different stats/different abilities on either side of their disk. I think that could work well for goblins and add to the flavor of crazy goblin wackyness and it could work for some of the more unpredictable chaos units.

I think that might kinda work for mages overall aswell. Depending on side mage would have different spell. ( Would add a bit of variable and usability of mages ) For example . Damage spell (like it is now) and other side frost spell that slows enemy unit. That could also depend on race of mage. For example Empire mage could have firewall on one side ( puts a wall of fire terrain on medium range that has dangerous on it ) :) Oh so many ideas :)

That is a brilliant Idea. I would also like a Snotling Pump wagon to have a random value for movement (perhaps 1D6 = number of flips) if they ever implement one.

The format of this game will give us super awesome expansions imo. The game is made up of disks and tokens so it'll be easy to produce really cool expansions ranging from armies to terrain packs.

**** i'm glad I bought this game!

The format of this game will give us super awesome expansions imo. The game is made up of disks and tokens so it'll be easy to produce really cool expansions ranging from armies to terrain packs.

**** i'm glad I bought this game!

As I recall from some of your other posts, you weren't so sure about this game to begin with.

So happy you have come to the dark side! Hope you get as much fun out of it as I have.

I would like to see a bretonnia expansion :D

Bretonnia oh yes!

Dwarves please for me! And Undeads, Skavens and Lizardmen!

I'm sure we'll see some of those soon.

But i'm more curious of what release format FFG will take for Diskwars. Monthly and regular or some Big box expansions twice a year. Can't wait to see what FFg has planned for Diskwars.

But i'm more curious of what release format FFG will take for Diskwars. Monthly and regular or some Big box expansions twice a year. Can't wait to see what FFg has planned for Diskwars.

Same here. But i would really preffer expansion every second month just to keep game in pace...i really want new heroes and command cards now...GIMME !

Same here. But i would really preffer expansion every second month just to keep game in pace...i really want new heroes and command cards now...GIMME !

I don't think it will be that fast. Don't get me wrong, I wish it was, but they haven't announced anything yet. This came out in January I believe, so if we were going to get an expansion in March, I'm sure we would have heard about it by now. So I'm hoping for quarterly. So sometime in April, May, or June. Of course sooner would be better.

Though, I assume Diskwars was a bit of a gamble. I mean, it is a very different type of game. It wouldn't surprise me if they wait to see how sales do before committing to regular expansions.

Anyone have any idea how sales have been? I know that it's been on The Hotness list on BGG since it hit stores. Also it's ranked 9 currently out of Customizable games. But there aren't a lot of scores for it. So I worry that it's very popular with a very small fan base. That could be bad for us and any future expansions. Though I would expect the game to gain popularity with a Dwarves release. So many people love Dwarves.

i would like to see tokens for magical artifacts/weapons/banners to be able to choose from a set of magical artifacts/wpns/banner cards (lets say one for one regiment) to mark that a disk is outfitted with it, would fit the idea of the normal warhammer and would be easy to use with cards&tokens ... and of yourse more fun and more variety :DD

About those 40K suggestions - there will surely be rules changes for it especially about ranged attacks: at least 4 out of 6 sides of the dice should hit, range should factor into the effectiveness of ranged attacks (kind of like it does in X-Wing), etc.

Apart form that I'm pretty sure we'll see some combination of customising heroes, collecting artifacts (as someone suggested), some story driven campaign probably, neutrals/mobs, as well as all the iconic Warhammer unit types that are still missing (squigs, goblins and snotlings, witch hunters, more mages, beastmen, etc. etc.)

I just hope those won't be too similar to each other (as a lot of disks in the core set are). Not too worried though - after all they're mostly relying on core mechanics now so more complexity can be introduced later.

A lot of ground to cover!!

If I was doing 40k, I wouldn't want to do "40k 40k" - that's what the TT game covers, and, as noted, the rules for discwars favour close engagement where discs stacking and pinning other discs matter. Enough popular factions in the TT game dislike fisticuffs for that to be a problem.

What I'd consider is solving this problem by pumping up the scale - especially since GW have withdrawn Epic:Armageddon as a game - and have the discs represent huge units - terrain tiles representing something like a manufactorum complex, or a cluster of hills, not a forest consisting of three trees or one ruined building, and unit discs which are "Ultramarines 3rd Company", "Cadian 8th", or "Imperius Dictatio" rather than a single squad.

That way, 'melee' represents units in close assaults - which means not just melee but also small arms fire - bolters, flamers, etc - whilst 'ranged' attacks only come from units with big clusters of heavy weapons (Devastator companies, Lootas, etc) at short-medium range, or true artillery units for long range.

If I was doing 40k, I wouldn't want to do "40k 40k" - that's what the TT game covers, and, as noted, the rules for discwars favour close engagement where discs stacking and pinning other discs matter. Enough popular factions in the TT game dislike fisticuffs for that to be a problem.

What I'd consider is solving this problem by pumping up the scale - especially since GW have withdrawn Epic:Armageddon as a game - and have the discs represent huge units - terrain tiles representing something like a manufactorum complex, or a cluster of hills, not a forest consisting of three trees or one ruined building, and unit discs which are "Ultramarines 3rd Company", "Cadian 8th", or "Imperius Dictatio" rather than a single squad.

That way, 'melee' represents units in close assaults - which means not just melee but also small arms fire - bolters, flamers, etc - whilst 'ranged' attacks only come from units with big clusters of heavy weapons (Devastator companies, Lootas, etc) at short-medium range, or true artillery units for long range.

Someone suggested this over on BGG. Maybe you. I absolutely love this idea. Though I sort of hope they don't do it. FFG is siphoning off enough of my income as it stands. :)

Seriously though, I would buy a Diskwars 40k Armageddon game in a heart beat.

Edited by MechaBri.Zilla

Not me. I would also be on that like stuff on stuff that that stuff is on very quickly.

Remembering Epic, you'd probably see the companies being the large discs (having support units attached to companies rather than regiments built round heroes as per WHFB DW):

So marines get Battle, Tactical, Assault and Devastator Companies - Assault emphasises speed and assault value (but poor counter as they can't hold an objective in a defensive firefight), Tactical is slower but better able to hold its ground if pinned by an attacker, and Devastators get good ranged attacks - whilst Battle is a 'jack of all trades' mix of the three.

Subsequent expansion can throw in scout and veteran companies.

Then medium discs are your superheavies (Fellblade, Knight, etc) and squadrons (Predator Assassin Squadron), and small discs your characters (Librarian, Techmarine, Inquisitor)

Titans are also big discs - equivalent of a company. Read 'Swarm', 'Host', 'Big Mob', etc as appropriate for other race's big stuff.

Guard get.....err....what's the list?

• Emperor's Shield infantry company (Infantry Platoons)
  • Emperor's Fist Tank Company (Tank Squadrons)
  • Emperor's Wrath Artillery Company (Basilisks)
  • Emperor's Thunder Heavy Artillery Company (Colossus)
  • Emperor's Talons Recon Company (Sentinals)

plus attached platoons/squadrons etc as medium discs and commissars, etc, as small discs.

beastmen would be nice

beastmen would be nice

And, I think that's a possibility. It doesn't look like they've been lumped into Chaos as of yet. So here's hoping.

Well, there's no real problem in my mind if they are classed as 'chaos', as long as there are enough units that you could do a pure beast (or daemon, or mortal) force if you like...

OK, its all "super duper"! But when its going to be out?! Its April already, and it was supposed be lunched in March!

No, it's not. The expansions are scheduled for Q2 2014 ... which is likely to be May/June.

They said end of Quarter 2 at that. Which makes it late May/June assuming it isn't delayed. After all X wing was delayed and they had a hard time producing enough Wave 2 ships if I recall.