So can't wait!

By Talley Darkstar, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Tendaar the Mon Cal Engineer? Hm. Calamari, Tendaar, I see a lot of seafood jokes aimed at him.

How Tendaar is the Calamari today, or is it a little rubbery?

Heh, reminds me of Robot Chicken (beware, not work safe...)

They are built to make people learn the game quickly so of course they would be different from final characters...

Unlike AoR, the EotE Beginner's Box was written before the career mechanics finalized.

They're still quite close.

I expect the AoR version to be tighter, simply because they made far fewer changes to the rules overall, and then, on top of that the Career system changed not-at-all, and the individual careers had almost no changes.

It's on the boat! On the boat!

That means we still have a long wait, Based on Dangerous Covenants (70 days and counting...). About three months, I'm guessing. Still, that means AoR BB in about three months!

They just changed JoY to March, but Dangerous Covenants is still listed as February. We're IN February!! Gah, the anticipation is killing me...

So any update on when the AoR Beginner box set will be released?

I could say is it out yet but that gets annoying after a while! :P

Awesome news. Best make room on the FFG shelf in the study.

Well, the Beginner Box has been confirmed for April 2014 according to their Upcoming Products page.

Hopefully it's early/mid April as opposed to late April.

So... is it out yet?! :P

Oh right April is next week... :(

So... is it out yet?! :P

Oh right April is next week... :(

If FFG keeps to their usual release schedule for SW RPG products, it'll probably be the end of April.

I know it isn't for me, but I want those dice and that map of the shuttle. I also would like a droid character, but that's fine, I can live without one.

Picked up mine today at my FLGS. They actually had received it on Friday the 18th. Great looking product... nice maps, nice layout and art (as always).... and another set of dice, yay! Well worth the investment.

Yancy

Picked up mine today at my FLGS. They actually had received it on Friday the 18th. Great looking product... nice maps, nice layout and art (as always).... and another set of dice, yay! Well worth the investment.

Yancy

so jealous

I was surprised my store had gotten it so quickly, but lately they've been getting FFG stuff early. The adventure has a great nod to the Clone Wars Tv series. The adventure takes place on Onderon which was featured in a 3 part story arc in Season 5.

Yancy

I was surprised my store had gotten it so quickly, but lately they've been getting FFG stuff early. The adventure has a great nod to the Clone Wars Tv series. The adventure takes place on Onderon which was featured in a 3 part story arc in Season 5.

Yancy

Onderon actually predates The Clone Wars by quite a bit. It was a major location in Knights of the Old Republic II and it was mentioned a few comics and radio dramas before that.

Just waiting for mine to come from MM... and waiting...