Music for Talisman

By Croonos, in Talisman

MUSIC?? I find it had enough concentrating on who's turn it is :) .

i like Relaxing well- tuned Music in the Background like those from Kamal, not the Indian, but the german-australian one, Blue dawn for example.

A friend of mine wanted to do music, I find it distracting/irritating, but if low its ok. We played the Lord of the Rings soundtracks.

If we are gonna listen to music for Talisman its gonna be fantasy based.

Hi DomaGB, I also play the LOTR's OST's! :D It adds a level to the game which, now I have added it is quite immpossible to leave out. If we end up starting without our 'battle music!' then very quickly I hook up the ipod to the minirig and crack out all 3 OST's on shuffle. One thing I do need to do however is take out the song with Anni Lenux singing in it - its just BAD!! :lol:

I've also collected alot of Final Fantasy VII music and sometimes play that when playing Talisman. oh and can't forget the 80's Conan the Barbarian OST too!! :D

I use other types of music for Relic though, mainly Star Wars and the Dune soundtrack. Also got the Firefly soundtrack sync'ed up for Relic one of these days!

Great topic, music for me and my group really increases the fun and involvement of the game.

Right now I have the world cup showing in the background when we play.

:lol: I was playing a game with the Brazil : Germany game was on. I was the only one that could see the TV properly and every 5 minutes I was saying 'oh they scored again! and everyone would stop playing and turn to look! - It was in reality really off putting, but a 7-1 thrashing was worthy of a distraction! :D

Slayer!

Back-in-the-day of 2nd Edition marathon sessions in high school, early 1990s, we listened to some... eclectic stuff during our games. "Sister Act" and "Lion King" soundtracks, Eurythmics, "Tales from the Crypt" soundtrack, Ozzy Osbourne, Ace of Base, hip-hop, the whole gamut, heheh.

Some cards had their own musical themes. Ace of Base's "The Shrine" was an obvious one. "Come Baby Come" whenever someone attempted to save a life with Armour (LONG, stupid train of non-thoughts there... Armour > Demi (Ar)Moore > *shing* sound effect of Armour deflection > "Shing Demi Shing" ("Come Baby Come"). "Just Can't Wait to be King" morphed into "Just Can't Wait to be Frying" whenever someone used a fire-related spell or item.

Good times.

These days, whenever I play with my 7-year old daughter, she wants to listen to a collection of Disney songs... including a couple from "The Lion King." So things really have come full-circle.

We listen to all kinds of stuff while playing. Sometimes shanties and drinking songs, sometimes soudtracks, some times Slayer and Man O War~

We mostly listen to bands like Cesair, Dunkelschön or Thetis from the folk side or Manowar from the heavier side. Sometimes soundtracks also, for instance Conan the barbarian (1982), LoTR movies, Hobbit movies, the newest Alice in Wonderland or Coraline.

I have never heard about Erdenstern, but sounds interesting.

Pale Communion by Opeth is pretty good as is Watershed.

Ahh The Hobbit soundtracks, forgot about them. Better get downloading!

I have put on the Tokyo philharmonic orchestra computer game music a bit recently, battling a dragon and winning when the odds are against you to The Legend of Zelda is very satisfying!

The following link looks promising for us Talisman fans for music/sound...

Tubular Bells has always been a Talisman game fave of mine, as has plenty of Yes albums, Brian Eno, King Crimson, Tea Party, Hunters & Collectors, The Eternal, Led Zepplin's Physical Graffiti, Type O Negative & the Cure's Disintegration.

Pale Communion by Opeth is pretty good as is Watershed.

Although I'm one of the No Music! faction during play, I just want to say those are some great choices! If I may be so presumptious, I'd like to recommend Oldfield's Music of the Spheres , Enslaved's Roots of the Mountain (from Riitiir ) and Between the Buried and Me's The Great Misdirect .

EDIT: Just listened to Roots of the Mountain again, and it is a bit aggressive to start off with.

Edited by Borealian

Skyrim soundtrack or sometimes Aphex Twin (the more melodic stuff)

We sometimes play Sephiroth's theme ("The One Winged Angel") from FF7 when we're battling it out at the Crown.

That is so wierd, all day that song has been stuck in my head, haven't heard it in probably fifteen years, there is an episode of American Dad that has a bully named Stelio, he has similar theme music and seeing that episode got Sephiroth stick in my head. Driving me nuts.

Lol, wow that's strange.

Mumford and Sons does it for me.

Since the death of Lemmy from Motorhead, a lot of Hawkwind has been played. I was never particularly into them, but I've got to admit, there is some good epic adventure music there.

The Mission's God's Own Medicine isn't too bad either.

Gold by Spandau Ballet whenever a bag of gold card is drawn.

It would be pretty cool to make up a comedy sound board for playing!

For some of our games we've had sex pistols anarchy in the UK and other punk classics, a bit of RUSH 2112 0verture and Hold your Fire, Bob Dylan, and King Crimson. Metallica goes down well as dose LOTR and Hobbit soundtracks :D