GM Tool: Steve (of the Red Fez's) Initiative Tracker

By Steve (of the Red Fez), in WFRP Gamemasters

So I have decided to make a few more of my custom Warhammer tools available to you guys. Here I'm presenting my Warhammer Initiative Tracker. It was originally made for a long series of demo games I ran at my friendly local game store ( Go4Games , here in Metairie, Louisiana).

The tracker is meant to be mounted on foam core and stood up during play. When a fight occurs, the GM places the custom token on the board. I tried several ways of doing this. Invisible tape wasn't a bad way to go since it can be taken off very easily, but I ultimately I mounted the tracker to a thin sheet of metal and THEN attached it to the foam core. After that, I just printed the tokens on a magnetic sheet (you can get them at any office supply store).

I've got two versions of the tracker. The first is the size of a full page. The second is the "narrow" one for those who don't want the full-sized tracker getting in their way. The narrow tracker also includes a small selection of tokens with a white background (in case you really need them to stand out due to a visually impaired gamer).

Here is the full-page version...

WFRP3EInitiativeTrackerwidelow-res.jpg

Here is the narrow one with the white tokens...

WFRP3EInitiativeTrackernarrowlow-res.jpg

And here is the main token sheet...

WFRP3EInitiativeTrackertokenslow-res.jpg

Let me know what you think and post if you want a high-res version. I'll send it to you.

Sincerely,

Steve (of the Red Fez)

I have been using the Pathfinder Combat Pad: http://paizo.com/products/btpy9066

You can find it at several mail order places.

It's magnetic AND dry erase!

I've been using it for all my games.

PZO1000-3_500.jpeg

Not bad at all! The rounds can act as initiative order too!

I made my own because it was important to me to present the Warhammer brand at the table (it was for a demo after all), but the one you've got would also work great. Well done!

--Steve (of the Red Fez)--