New GM's - "How to GM" walk-through of Eye for an Eye PLAY-BY-POST - New GMs join us (SPOILERS)

By Emirikol, in WFRP Gamemasters

Yeah, having them but not needing them is probably better than needing them but not having them. :P

Thanks for that list, by the way, that will really come in handy. Maybe I'll add a quick description of a few features (like a mole, or crooked teeth). That way, I can make them feel like individuals, even if the players don't find out what their names are.

I have another question about the Daemon. Let's assume for a minute that they fail to stop the ritual, and the Daemon is let loose. Would it be a bad thing to assign a Mark to it? I have the 4 Ruinous Powers expansions, and reading about them, it feels like Tzeentch could be at work here. Or is it not uncommon for Chaos worshippers (in the lore) to simply worship Chaos in general, instead of a specific God? (I'm new to the lore, so I need to do some catching up if I want to keep it 'real' to the world of Warhammer.)

And then maybe later, should the Beastmen have made off with the painting, the players could be tasked to retrieve it, only to discover that Tzeentch's symbol has appeared on the Gor's skin... or maybe he has mutated a bit. Is that all possible (again, lore-wise)?

Part of what has drawn me to this setting (apart from the dice system), are the myriad of 'afflictions' the players can suffer. And the Chaos Gods seem to be a strong source for them.

But first things first, I need to get my players together for a character creation session, so I can come up with a good beginning for the adventure (we're probably going with a choose-your-own-career game, instead of randomly drawing 3 and keeping 1). :)

The mark of chaos is a good idea. Look at the alternate symbols though so it isn't so obvious to the players. You wouldn't even need to grant it spell use, but it is an option.

The Tzaangor is the beastman version and it is mentioned in Winds of Magic/Liber Mutatis.

jh