Creatures Anathema Contents News?

By Space Monkey, in Dark Heresy

I thought the description was pretty Umber Hulk-y.

But it turns out that Ambulls are much, much more frightening.

Did someone say they're docile? It looks very angry to me.

Sounds like a perfect creature to put against creature or to harass pc's with on a Deathworld.

I think alot of those creatures will be in there as well as things we have been missing such as:
* Your basic Ogryn (incl. Ripper Gun)
* Basic Eldar (incl. Shuriken weapons)

Perhaps some of the Unique anathema in the system and creatures mentioned in previous supplements but expended.

You think an Ambull is scary, hell you should see what Nerd King looks like under that Old Worlder skin he's wearing:

4921f95baf824205e1b13f22d60357a1.png

That's sacry.

Wu Ming said:

You think an Ambull is scary, hell you should see what Nerd King looks like under that Old Worlder skin he's wearing:

4921f95baf824205e1b13f22d60357a1.png

That's sacry.

FEAR THE PANDA OF KHORNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaudy Scabbard said:

Perhaps, we could have a Liber Eldar or Liber Orks (or should that be Codex Eldar and Codex Orks?) down the line to flesh some of these races out.

That would be great.

Wilfred Owen said:

Gaudy Scabbard said:

Perhaps, we could have a Liber Eldar or Liber Orks (or should that be Codex Eldar and Codex Orks?) down the line to flesh some of these races out.

That would be great.

Aye. As long as Rennie doesn't write it.

No, that's unfair. Just not "Vogue Eldar." preocupado.gif

Kage

I'm very much looking forward to this book.

Admittedly most of the creatures I intend to use in "On the Trail of Sygmunt Sixis" are things I've created myself but that is neither here nor there.

Yea its about time the Ordo Xenos got some love. Been looking forward to this since it was announced.

Also curious about the Death World section Ross mentioned was gonna be in it. Catachan Devils perhaps? (or something similar).

I think they will probly detail some of the Calixis Sector's Death Worlds as oposed to dealing with a critter from way out of system. (anyway its already been statted out in RT.) I'm interested to see the 'New Player Opitions' and wondering if there might be some new depths or rules regarding Psykers or Psychic powers or the nature of the Warp (in terms of DH mechanics).

My guess would be the death world in question is Dusk.

I also assume that the new player options will be mainly critter and xeno related. A few new starting background options, like Ork War Veteran or Dated an Eldar in College type. Things that will tie the book into the game more then just a listing a stats and ideas for monster use.

Maybe even some near gear.

I wouldnt be expecting too much new stuff for character options in a book that my players will largely go without looking at.

I am on several advance orders for this book (as I was with Inquisitors Handbook, Purge the Unclean and now Disciples, and thats how I keep getting so many **** copies) but Im still looking forward to a GMs Guide, not just background fluff and stats and equipment and a few rules, but a how to run dark heresy, random encounters, tips, and so forth. But i have no doubt that these next two books will be awesome as will Rogue Trader.

Face it, 2009 is going to be a awesome year for 40KRPG, my guess is probably 5-7 books in all that year.

Creatures Anathema, Rogue Trader are pretty much guaranteed and a few extra books for both wouldnt surprise me.

The Ambull also made a "guest appearance" in a WHFRP scenario that was published in WD many years ago.....

I'm particularly looking forward to this book. I hope we'll see some of the old Rogue Trader foes revisisted (Afore mentioned Ambull, Warp Vampires, Gretchin, Orks, Genestealers, etc). I expect we'll get more information about the Slaugth (a new, very creepy foe) and their related nasty creatures. I also hope there will be some entirely new material - races and creatures in the Calixis sector.

Alpha said:

The Ambull also made a "guest appearance" in a WHFRP scenario that was published in WD many years ago.....

That was my first RP adventure, too.

As long as the book has stats and so of Gretchins and other gobbos i´m sold... XD

Cool - I had to dig it up.

White Dwarf Issue 108 - "Terror in the Darkness". I ran this as the second introductory adventure to WHFRP for my players.....