Creatures Anathema Contents News?

By Space Monkey, in Dark Heresy

What with all the love currently going towards the anticipated (and long overdue) release of Disciples of the Dark Gods, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the contents of their other book, Creatures Anathema?

Do we know if the "standard" races are in it? Eldar, and Orks? Or is it full of "unknown" beasties?

Space Monkey said:

What with all the love currently going towards the anticipated (and long overdue) release of Disciples of the Dark Gods, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the contents of their other book, Creatures Anathema?

Do we know if the "standard" races are in it? Eldar, and Orks? Or is it full of "unknown" beasties?

From the GTM Article:

" Dark Heresy: Creatures Anathema . Know your enemy! Fierce Orks , devious Eldar , and the brutal Ambull lurk within the pages of the Dark Heresy RPG sourcebook"

I swear there is a Tyranid Lictor on one of the cover designs.

You can get a copy of the article here . (In all of its full colour .pdf glory)

From what I gather there is going to be good mix of "unknown" (aka "monsters unique to the Calixis Sector") and "...classic creatures from the Warhammer 40,000 universe..." Well, at least that's what I can glean from the description of Creature Anathema on the new porducts page. One can only hope that "classic" means good racial description for Xenos like the Eldar.

One would also hope Ordos Xenos career paths fall under the "new player character options."

I also rather like the idea that it will be " a handsome addition to any[read: "my"] RPG bookshelf."

gran_risa.gif

I am really looking forward to this book. I'm too busy to make monsters myself so this book will be prefect. And that article had pics of Gretchin! Bring 'em on!

Vespers said:

From what I gather there is going to be good mix of "unknown" (aka "monsters unique to the Calixis Sector") and "...classic creatures from the Warhammer 40,000 universe..." Well, at least that's what I can glean from the description of Creature Anathema on the new porducts page. One can only hope that "classic" means good racial description for Xenos like the Eldar.

One would also hope Ordos Xenos career paths fall under the "new player character options."

I also rather like the idea that it will be " a handsome addition to any[read: "my"] RPG bookshelf."

gran_risa.gif

Yes please - love for the Ordo Xenos!!!

I think what FFG means by classic is the likes of the Ambull and probably the catachan sand devil. Some of the old creatures from Rogue Trader. I'm looking forward to that! aplauso.gif

although I've actually scuppered myself as I gen'd up an ambull for my players as part of Maggots in the meat. I recall from Ian Watsons Space Marine novel and the Rogue trader descirption that they were mostly begnin (sp?) creatures who were used for mining. Bet I turn out to be wrong! llorando.gif lengua.gif

I only got to see one page of Creatures Anathema at HeroCon but I know for a fact there will be more varieties of Servitors, mainly for Heretck varieties. But it looks like a very sleek book in the style of what we have already seen.

think Im going to lean toward a adventure based on Grox next time. Last nights session was based on a heretek who used street gangs to "scavenge" parts and series of professional pit fights to gather "bodies" to make various styles of servitors to sell to mercenaries, security agencies and even a cult of slaneesh.

The adventure before that involved the pit fights and the cult of slaneesh. So Im hoping for some good critters in this book to spice up the typical scenario so far. We have eldar (partly) in PtU. But Id like to see some orks, tau (kroot) and other classics, and some originals as long as they are interesting and fit.

Maybe FFG will give legs to the Demiurge finally?

Orks & Eldar (and the Ambull) have been mentioned as being in CA as to the Tau (bleah) I'm unsure but personally am in no hurry to see eithier Tau or Necron covered in DH books. We know there are Orks in the sector as well as some Eldar (thank you PtU) I'd rather see some local xenos covered.

Let RT deal with the more um... 'fun' critters like Tau and Necrons. Although if they want to get REALLY classic they can throw in a Squat mounted on a Zoat.

how about the "Giant Otter" from original WFRP? They don't come more classic than that terrifying monster...

Wu Ming said:

You can get a copy of the article here . (In all of its full colour .pdf glory)

The first response that the page got out of me was, "Wooo, pretty!" followed by, "Hmmn... I wonder if there are actually going to be rules for Alpha plus pyskers, or whether they're just going to say, "She's really powerful. Model this as being able to do this..." <shudder> It's like using Vampire: the Masquerade Disciplines to model Mage: the Ascension Spheres... preocupado.gif

Erm, anyway.

Kage

My oh my, it clearly seems FF wants to show us service with the first book they've fully writen. Next year can't come soon enough.

Ooooo. sounds like fun!

Thanks for the info!

Wu Ming said:

Let RT deal with the more um... 'fun' critters like Tau and Necrons. Although if they want to get REALLY classic they can throw in a Squat mounted on a Zoat.

I was actually thinking as well that Rogue Trader should deal with the Tau and Necrons. I don't think they fit with Dark Heresy's theme. Not that there is anything wrong with them; I think the Tau are fantastic.

I think Tau would be a little more at home with the "theme" of Dark Heresy. Rogue traders dealing with Tau seems like the matters of the Inquisition, but I'm glad theyre putting in Ork and Eldar, I'm happy with just those two. Conversly, if theyre adding Eldar, do you think they'll add Dark Eldar?

Edit: Sorry, brainfart. Disregard this post.

I doubt we'll see the Tau as they are on the other side of the Imperium. Lost or hidden Necron tombs might be fun.

What I'd really like to see is the old Gyrinx...the psyker-cat-familiar from the original Rogue Trader. News of teh return of teh Ambull fills me with glee though.

Ooooooo...perhaps we'll get Zoats (and Zoateebix) too!

I'm glad the Ambull is mentioned, I still don't know what the heck an Ambull is and I was thinking of a planet that has a few wandering around on it. Perhaps an up-to-date rendering of a grox? Currently I think of them as quadrupedal cold ones from Warhammer.

Nocturnal Warrior of Hrud? Tarellian Dog Soldiers? More mutants? I'm certainly looking forward to Creatures Anathema. It doesn't matter if you're playing a Xenos campaign or not, aliens are fantastic to add as flavour.

Ambulls were big (Ogryn size) insectoid bipeds, with a stag beetle like head and two big muscled arms. Generally harmless but you don't want to anger one.

Years ago Citadel made a metal miniature of one.

Of course they might be "re-imagined" for Dark Heresy

My Guess,

* Eldar/Dark Eldar (reprint of the last one, see Purge the Unclean)
* Ogryn
* Perhaps some of the Tyranid (Genestealers, Lictor, basic Drones)
* Chaos Daemons
* Some kind of Giant Earth Worm (Please?!)
* Expension on current known and publish anethema
* Systen specific critters

Perhaps even some of the ancient Anathema
* Necron ?!

Nerd King said:

Ambulls were big (Ogryn size) insectoid bipeds, with a stag beetle like head and two big muscled arms. Generally harmless but you don't want to anger one.

Of course they might be "re-imagined" for Dark Heresy

They are kind of like Umber Hulks from classic D&D.

I'm really pleased to see that some of the iconic races such as the Eldar and the Orks are going to be in here but i'm guessing there won't be enough room to give them a lot of detail.

Guess i'd better continue adapting all that Eldar weaponry, gear and vehicles over to Dark Heresy rules (Along with Exarchs, Seers, Warlocks, Seer Powers, Warlock Powers, etc etc). Whew, that's a heck of a lot of work! I'm beginning to appreciate and respect the work that went into those fan supplements now.

Perhaps, we could have a Liber Eldar or Liber Orks (or should that be Codex Eldar and Codex Orks?) down the line to flesh some of these races out.

That would be in a similar tradition to D&D where the average example of a race was featured in the Monster Manual with additional sourcebooks, such as Lords of Madness and the Liber Mortis, fleshing out the details and expanding the options.

Nerd King said:

Found it!

ambull-gw.jpg

Nerd King said:

Nerd King said:

Found it!

ambull-gw.jpg

My oh my, but that is very umber-hulkish! sorpresa.gif