Righteous Fury

By GauntZero, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

Thats what fate points are for.

And yes - I am brutal *hehe*

I see players about the Level of elite enemies, not as masters

Wait, you WANT players to get hit with 1D10? Thats brutal

It's what I usually do. It's not really that brutal. More like fair.

There's a reason why I'm not playing Twilight 2000

I'm talking 1D10 on the crit tables here, not 1D10 extra like the old rules.

Thats ridiculous. What if someones stomping around in Power Armour, and a single wound gets through from an auto gun on RF?

"Alright lets roll it. 10. Whelp sorry, looks like the bullet blows your organs out the back of your chest and sends you flying 10 meters backwards to your death"

But:

> most enemies in Power armour would be masters in DH

> you still need to make damage to get the crit effect. For someone in power armour, an autogun wont do the job

> even if both above is not the case, the probabilty is only around 20-30% depending on the hit location.

Taking into consideration a "usual" RF% of just 10% (1 dice), this means around 2-3% chance

As Tom Cruise proposed, 1d5+2 might do a better job though against Elite/Players (or better: 1d5 + WS/2 or BS/2)

Less deadly, still awesome.

I'm talking 1D10 on the crit tables here, not 1D10 extra like the old rules.

Thats ridiculous. What if someones stomping around in Power Armour, and a single wound gets through from an auto gun on RF?

"Alright lets roll it. 10. Whelp sorry, looks like the bullet blows your organs out the back of your chest and sends you flying 10 meters backwards to your death"

Ah. that I don't do

Any crit table roll of more than 1d5 has a chance to instakill the target if you get a headshot with an explosive weapon -- a result of "6" or higher on that table results in immediate, messy death. If the RF rules are intended to represent telling blows that don't actually kill the target then I think 1d5 is just enough damage.

Well, they kill troop enemies instantly and did also kill elite in Beta1 instantly.

And I would like to have a chance of death, even for players.

A small one, but one that is there.

I really wouldn't. Player already suffer enough, having to go through multiple combats, and getting detrimental crits, and the threat of dying is always there. They don't need to have a completely random instant kill system in place as well. And a 2-3% chance starts to add up over multiple combats.

If it would be a talent that gives the bonus against non-Master creatures, not every opponent would have it.

I dont think RF should kill enemies outright. Especially if those enemies have True Grit, which coniderably prolongs their life. killing them with RF i just not fair. Also, with talents like True Grit, extra d10 to damage, instead of simple crit, really helps you more to kill them, than getting 1 lvl of fatigue, or stun for one round.

Especially if they are orks. This above comes from my exp from OW, when players have been fighting masses of orkz.

It is no auto-death. If you get 1d5+2 against elites or players (ONLY if having an appropriate talent), thats a verry low chanc eof killing someone outright.