Seeds of Heresy (Play-by-Post) OFFPLAY

By GauntZero, in Adventure: Seeds of Heresy

If you sacrifice your turns reaction, you may.

I'll do it, If he wants to occupy my place.

Ok, my Default Action if I don't show up is throw Grenades until everyone is dead. Once I get Two Weapon Wielder, that action changes to Two Grenades per round.

ALso while being in melee ? ;D

Angevin the Destroyer xD.

Am I wrong, or can't I hit a friend shooting into melee? It's a plain -20 to the roll, isn't it?

Accourding to the optional rule, if shooting into melee fails by exact 1 DoF, you hit another person in the melee (random). This rule will be used.

If you are shooting though into a melee thats fought at a chokepoint, where you are on the wrong side, the enemies count as bein in "living" cover instead.

Edited by GauntZero

ALso while being in melee ? ;D

One of my favourite special rules from Deathwatch was the Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran one that let them use Krak grenades as melee weapons, by jamming them into the Tyranids carapace.

So yeah, something like that

Better use krak ones then ;D

Sorry guys, I was pretty busy the last couple days. I'll try to keep up best I can.

No worries man. If I'm not there to keep him under control, I think Reginald's default action is going to be running out and cutting someone down. Can't let the lowborns see weakness in their betters. If Reginald is facing a non-human or obviously suicidal action, he'll take cover like normal.

Does Crouze arrive when I'm treating Teagan, or do I erase the comment?

He arrives when you just tried and found out you couldnt cure the toxin.

Damnit, I was gonna hide the prisoner, left for 30 minutes and came back to this, ha ha

Jaded doesn't work against unnatural Fear, like daemons and such.

I'm not sure of this. Talent says it doesn't work against "Terrors of The Warp", but it works against xenos abominations and "Mundane horrors". Where do mutants fall? Are them unnatural terror or just something like xenos scum? It sounds weird to me a character could battle a Carnifex without blink and flee in terror agains Fear 1 hereticus minima mutant xD

Edited by Eisenhorn_Puritus

I'd say in this case it works, but in general in such cases I guess its a GM decision.

Oh, I sorta assumed it was a daemon

So many dropped weapons in this game. And in every game I've played with my own group. Part of me thinks that they should just let you stow and draw weapons as a free action (one of each once per turn) and make the quickdraw talent give you a bonus to attack the first time you draw a weapon or something.

Right...but I am not sure if all of that dropped weapons are unharmed so far...from time to time I might decide that one loses a level of quality (from regular to poor), if this happens too often...so handle your equipment with care...

Yes, but given how frequently players do it, it would seem to indicate that the system would probably be best-served just letting them draw and stow as a free action. I don't really think it would do that much harm to the system.

Especially if they have holsters.

Keeping in mind this is just a suggestion for the system itself, not the game you're running, Gaunt.

I think Pistols should be able to be quick drawn and stowed for free, but Basic weapons usually involve straps or large carrying cases, and swords and such need to be sheathed, so really would take longer

Imperial Guard ability to stop basic weapons for free is remarkably good, even if it doesn't look so at first. I enjoy it.
Also, I can drop my Hellgun whenever, because it has a power cable :D

Edited by Felenis

Sorry, guys, I've been busy with the coming back home. But I'm here again, yep. Also, my character is still running around with the respectable clothes he used for the feast. No armour for me!!! xDD

Nah, seriously, after the ride I have to get backj to the room for it.

In SHadowrun, there is an action called Quickdraw, where you can make an Agility-Test (IIRC) to make drawing a free action.

That could be interesting, making the QUickdraw talent give a bonus on this roll.

My problem with that, Gaunt, is that with most characters at baseline you're looking at a 2/3 chance of failing at pulling out their gun quickly. Like, I understand that you like adding in extra stuff for realism, but hear me out:

Every game I've ever played of. 40k, people just drop their weapons in order to ignore the stowing action

Most of the players in this game drop their weapons

You haven't said, but I'd guess most of the people in your games have tried dropping weapons unless you punish them for it

If you are punishing them for it, that means you have to sit and track how many times they dropped their gun

What this says to me is that players are doing their damnedest to ignore the Ready action because it's NOT FUN. It seems realistic (I'd question whether it's really that hard to draw a gun, move, and shoot it for your average person trained in a weapon; remember, every character in 40k starts with weapon training!), but it serves to make them game more boring and less fun by acting as a gateway to doing anything interesting in combat. There was that argument about " feel right" design in the DoS thread, well this is a case where feels right design comes up for me: if something in the game doesn't feel fun, I want to remove it.