Seeds of Heresy (Play-by-Post) OFFPLAY

By GauntZero, in Adventure: Seeds of Heresy

Hey guys,

This thread is for the discussion of everything that is not directly ingame.

As soon as the game starts, there will also be an ingame thread.

Here can be discussed:

> character creation

> clearifications during the game

> discussions about in-game-situations

> rules related stuff

In the first post I will write important key information for the game (this will be an ongoing process) - this is to keep them easily accessable.

GZ

Key data:

How will be rolled ?

> we will start doing this based on trust; if this works out well, we'll keep it that way. That means if tests are to be done, you may roll them locally and just post the dice results

How will be played ?

> players will post what their characters do, the GM posts what the NPCs do

> it is therefore important that everyone posts very regularly (this is essential for this to run)

> regularly means at least 3 times a day (more often is welcome) at different times of the day [as I am European, there will be less SL-traffic during European night time]

Which rules will be used ?

> Dark Heresy 2 Beta 2; always the newest official update is valid; no houserules so far

> as long as not said otherwise, all optional rules of the official Core rulebook are used

> if not decided otherwise, the point allocation character generation method will be used, with 600 starting XP

What about information that is not for all to hear ?

> this kind of information will be directly pm'ed to the GM (me) or from the GM to you

to be continued...

Edited by GauntZero

So will you be giving us some sort of signal to start posting things in the In-Play topic, or should we go ahead and start?

Yeah, I'm a lil confused. Are we just standing there?

Also, I haven't read this adventure at all, so I'm pretty excited, because Harvest-Emperor sounds ominous as ****.
Heeeeresssssyyyyy!

Edited by Felenis

You may post from now on.

At the monmentyou are aboar a spacecraft flying towards novabella and may talk to each other before the landing begins.

Yeah, I'm a lil confused. Are we just standing there?

Also, I haven't read this adventure at all, so I'm pretty excited, because Harvest-Emperor sounds ominous as ****.

Heeeeresssssyyyyy!

Even if you would have read it - I will change quite some things to make it different...so never feel safe ;D

Weird, I checked the whole book and couldn't find anything that could handle a good Krakin'

Bring it on > :D

I have a whole lot of mean imagination - you've been warned.

Alright, it's bedtime for me guys. Already 1:30 am, so I gotta sleep. I'll be back in 8 hours or so.

Hey, are we supposed to read part of the Seeds of Heresy adventure? Because I dunno, I don't totally know whats going on, besides this planet is lost, and maybe falling to someone.

The planet was forgotten 20 years ago (disappeared from administratum records) and just was "re-found" because an old message from the Novabella Prelate to the Arch-Bishop was found after his death.

There is not known anything what happened during the last 20 years on this planet - thats what you are for...the message from the prelate doesnt sound too well though...

Maybe one of your Sages knows more about the former state of the planet...

But how do we know the skill and when do we do the roll? Just announce it in the In play thread?

If you use a skill on your own initiative, you declare that you do, icluding your % to succeed at a regular test, and put the roll in brakets, like:

I try to get his true intentions (Scrutiny 37 [roll 24]).

Depending on the difficulty, my reaction might be:

You are quite sure he is lying about this topic (Scrutiny 2 DoS).

If it is a test which is asked from me, I will roll it myself and will tell you the results (e.g. passive awareness or knowledge).

Its most important to let it float in smoothly.

Edited by GauntZero

Hey, guises. Found this page for online rolling of dice, useful if you're posting away from home (Like myself atm).

A good tool, indeed.

http://www.roll-dice-online.com/

a good one :) Thanks a lot, Eisenhorn !

It's my go to dice roller even when I am at home. I've lost too many of the little plastic bastards, so I've gone digital.

Are you on a trip somewhere Eisenhorn?

Neh, just was in a computer class about stockbreeding management :(

Just so everyone has some idea, I think it could help to post the times that we are typically active. Gaunt is in France, I believe, so Ill use their time zone as the standard.

I'm typically active from 3PM through 6AM, CET.

Neh, just was in a computer class about stockbreeding management :(

Sounds thrilling ;D

How do you like it so far ? Too fast / too slow ?

Any suggestions for improvement ?

Edited by GauntZero

It's at perfect speed for me. I'm still wondering how are we going to do when bullets start to fly, but for this time I'm enjoying it a lot. And writing the text in english is not supposing any problem, fortunately. Wordreference open, just in case xD.

Nice to hear.

As I am no native speaker, please have some good will on my english though...

Nice to hear.

As I am no native speaker, please have some good will on my english though...

I was talking about myself, mon xD The level of english here is quite better than mine.

Honestly, I find the errors in English to be more immersive for dialog. It makes me feel like the vastness of the imperium causes some people to speak low gothic differently and have different syntax and grammar. Same thing goes for people with accents over voice.

My time zones are completely out of whack, so there no point in posting em now. I'm in Cambodia, but when I'm asleep or awake changes day to day. I'll be in western Canada in about 6 days though, then I'll have a more secure time table.

And yeah, your english is fine Gaunt. I didn't even realize you weren't a native speaker until you made some comment on a thread a a few days ago.

I agree with Felenis, very good English indeed.

You do know that I won't be more merciful as GM just because you are talking sweet to me, do you ? ;D