Should I wait for the revised edition?

By Captain Clegg, in General Discussion

Ok, It's half a joke, but with FFG and especialy with AH there has been a lot of revising and it bothers me quite a bit to spend money without having the final product even if it's a little detail that differs (I could list at least 3-4 examples).

So for those of you who have seen the game, do you feel there is anything missing or should I go ahead and start hunting the Mythos globaly?

Thanks in advance!!!

Just dive in. The box doesn't have that much variety in some of the decks, but with expansions it'll get there.

It's going to be several years before we get a revised edition anyway.

It honestly doesn't need a revision, just "more of everything" which expansions are going to fix. Even the two flaws I posted about that are, frankly, major flaws, don't need a revised edition to fix. An expansion similar to Elder Sign Unseen Forces is all that's needed to take it from a solid 8 to a perfect 10.

1) More of everything

2) Rewrite and replace the "lose a solved mystery" mechanic with new cards.

I'm buying it anyway, thanx for the replies.

I just wanted to ***** about one of my favorite gaming companies that does so much right and so much wrong ;)

Sorry

I half-laughed at your half-joke :P

I think you should just answer these questions and it'll light your way to the absolute and only answer you need to hear:

Q1: Do you like the theme?

Q2: Do you have the funds?

Q3: Do you have a FLGS?

If you are a human being, you should go buy the game, read the rules and enjoy a effing awesome evening playing with your buddies.

That's what I did and it worked! ;)

I think you should just answer these questions and it'll light your way to the absolute and only answer you need to hear:

If you are a human being, you should go buy the game, read the rules and enjoy a effing awesome evening playing with your buddies.

Yeah I am a human being alright! :P I'm already smeling the darn box !!!! :wub:

Its a good game. If you like AH you ll love this one as well...more mystery and research cards will make it a great game

Yeah I am a human being alright! :P I'm already smeling the darn box !!!! :wub:

Lucky bastard! I should get my copy monday and can't wait to get it, open and smell the Great Old Smell!!!!!!!!!