Hidden Clue Tokens Required?

By identityflux, in General Discussion

After reading the Rule book and reference sheet I’m wondering if we really have to have the clue tokens out on the table face down?
The Rules state: “ Create the Clue pool by placing the Clue tokens facedown (common side up) in a pile within reach of all players and randomize them. ” This is so the players cannot see the location on the other side of the clue token.
But reading the Clue section of the Reference guild the only time I can see that the information has to be hidden is when an effect spawns a clue token, in that situation you “ draw one random Clue token from the Clue pool and place it on the space indicated on the front of that token .”
Based on this do we think it would it be possible to just have a clue bag with all the clue tokens in and drawn them at random like a Monster cup to save table space?..Mmm tasty tasty table space :) .

You can definitely use a clue bag. I'm actually thinking of doing this to help keep them randomized. (I was noticing a proclivity for people to place them down and pick them up for the same spot in the pile while playing.)

You can definitely use a clue bag. I'm actually thinking of doing this to help keep them randomized. (I was noticing a proclivity for people to place them down and pick them up for the same spot in the pile while playing.)

Brilliant, cheers for confirming Fenyx, now to find a suitable bag...If only FFG made a bag with a green Riddler's question mark on it. :)

Edited by identityflux

Played again last night and realized I'd missed a rule previously.

Clues once used don't immediately go back into the pile. So the reason I wanted it in a bag doesn't apply.

You can still totally have a clue bag. Just don't put the clues back in the bag after they've come out. (Until the bag is empty then all the discards go back in at the same time.)

I use a clue bag (the one from Castle Panic, it's small and has a Monster face) and I've been doing so for the last 10 plays or so. While it doesn't save a huge amount of space (because you need a discard pile), you can pass the bag around the table, which I prefer, and it prevents the occasional accident of a flipped token. Also, it's a lot easier to "shuffle" them in the bag!

Based on this do we think it would it be possible to just have a clue bag with all the clue tokens in and drawn them at random like a Monster cup to save table space?..Mmm tasty tasty table space :) .

----I would hope that a "monster bag" is included in the future. With a nice white & black Lovecraftian monster image, and perhaps a clue bag. I would hope someone thought of this during AH as well…

----I would hope that a "monster bag" is included in the future. With a nice white & black Lovecraftian monster image, and perhaps a clue bag. I would hope someone thought of this during AH as well…

That would be nice. +1