Board crease!

By barniface, in General Discussion

11/25/13

I just ordered from Miniature Market as it became available today!

I went to Boardgamegeek to watch an unboxing video, and as the guy unfolded the board, there was an obvious white crease across the middle where the board was folded. Very obvious, and upsetting. Has anyone else notice this defect in the board. When I get my copy in a few days, I will report back with my findings on this issue.

Hi BiF

I have to admit, I'm a bit apprehensive about getting my copy after seeing the same vid! Let's hope we don't have any problems, but I'm kidding myself on that FFG will replace these "faulty" boards if any crop up?

I wonder if anyone has any tips to help protect boards from these types of ageing effects ... spray on a varnish? Using sticky clear sheet in batches?? Might seem a bit unsightly, but it will preserve the board.

Any suggestions girls & boys?

Thanks, Walts

Out on a limb here….

But i have yet to get a copy of EH, but while its on its way, i saw the same video detailing the crease. I would imagine that perhaps some crafty person will formulate a way to "mask" or fill in the crease on the board.

I know its a damage thing, but some basic, neutral blending colours may help to distract any attention or to lessen the initial shock of a bold white crease on an otherwise beautiful game board. Maybe a cheap felt pen, or a series of colours to accommodate the game….

we will see… for sure if mine is "that bad" ill post my solve.

I purchased a sheet of plexi-glass and cut it to the size of my table. Not only does it protect my game boards, but it a safeguard against spills.

My board has a white crease too. Although not as prominent.

I ordered the game and should receive it this week. Can't effing wait to play this, look completely awesome and brilliant. A lighter AH but still complexe adventure game, i'm all-in.

About the board, i'm not too worried about it. Sure it's part of the manufactoring process and it can happen. It happened to me when I bought Relic. The board had a bump in it, something got stuck underneat the final layer and created a dent. I contacted FFG and 1 week later I had a new board.

That is why i'll always support FFG. They design great games with poorly written rules (lol) and they offer one of the best customer service out there.

Just got my copy and checked the board out. Yes there is an off white creases line where the board folds but, for me at least, its nothing major. I'd normally expect to see this after a dozen or so uses of the board. It won't impact me or my groups enjoyment of the game, hell, thematically its like an old folded map of the world. :D

Edited by identityflux

Yes, i recently opened the board up expecting a overly visible, obnoxious crease. I don't even notice it while playing. Its just not a focus, too much other stuff happening in the fore ground.

Same for me. The white crease is there, but it isn't that bad.

I didn't even notice it until it was brought up here. The board does not look damaged so I didn't find it an issue.

yeah my board has a white crease at the asia area of the board .. I had n't such issues from other FF games ..