The Thousand Thrones

By master yoda, in WFRP Gamemasters

Does the Thousand Thrones Campaign need to be set after the Storm of Chaos?

Also is there any details of dates in the campaign? How long after the Storm is this set? 6 months?

I was wanting to sprinkle some calendar events into the campign and atmosphere of the bigger towns and cities.

I haven't come across any answer to this so far on my look through. Just wanting to make sure I did not miss anything.

It is written to take place immediately after the Storm of Chaos (e.g., there are soldiers who still haven't been paid for some of their service in it) and that pops up many times in it, and it "takes advantage" of the turmoil etc. after those events, though I don't think it puts a specific year on it.

That said, you can revise it to be pre- Storm without affecting its fundamental structure etc., which is what I did when running it.

I loved running it and it has many great themes, images, classic stuff in it but found it needs to be revised, some chapters particularly etc. (it very much shows not being really written as "one thing" but being sewn together), and if you do that much re-writing moving when it happens is no biggie.

I kept it after the Storm, and after finding a copy of the Storm of Chaos WFB book I managed to thread several references into the plot.

I also loved running it, I found I had to do quite a lot of re-writing of it to keep the plot moving for the players.

hope it goes well for you

Background is set post-SoC. Also the idea fits well in that time. But it isn't difficult to change the date to pre-SoC. Just some changes in various chapters need modifications (like sacked and ruined Wolfenburg).

It is not really stated how long after the SoC it starts. SoC ends about summer 2522. I would start TTT after the winter - Which would be early 2523. But it could be even later easily. It's pretty open.

Also remember that the campaing takes much game-time - There is huge amount of travelling there (not to mention how much you can expand the campaign). So, this should be remembered too, if your planning some campaing-timeline - Don't make it too tight...

Edited by jackdays