Tradecraft: Very simple rules

By Emirikol, in WFRP House Rules

I was standing in the shower thinkin'....

Tradecraft: Create items at 30% of normal cost with a successful check. For time to create, use your head (or do a web search). Comet means superior item. 2 banes means poor quality. Chaos star means it was ruined (money lost).

sound good?

Hi Emirikol!

I still lurk the forums waiting for some good news regarding warhammer :P

How will you resolve a Tradecraft roll where the dice outcome gives you at least one net success, one comet, two banes and a chaos star?

Edited by Yepesnopes

You mean a superiorly-poor quality item that breaks on first use? yea that :) It's warhammer, so always round down :)

jh

The combination of Comet and Chaos Star is allways tricky. I usually go with the Chaos Star snd Comet canceling each other out. The other way I can see going is that he created a superior item, but there were unforseen costs and the item was allmost(or exactly) as expensive to produce as just buying it.

Edited by Ralzar

How will you resolve a Tradecraft roll where the dice outcome gives you at least one net success, one comet, two banes and a chaos star?

Well the comet and chaos star cancel out, which mean sthat you produce a poor quality item that costs 30% of the cost. Simple

Well the comet and chaos star cancel out, which mean sthat you produce a poor quality item that costs 30% of the cost. Simple

I prefer the poor superiour quality item that breaks just as you shout EUREKA!

Edited by Gallows

I believe that in Hero's Call FFG suggests that the GM can use chaos stars as crossed swords. By that rule the GM could use the chaos star to cancel the success and the player would have to use the comet as a hammmer, so the result would be 1 hammer, 2 banes.

For narrative purposes this could mean that the character was doing a great job, almost creating a superior item, but at the last instant something went really wrong and it came out a poor quality item instead.

I often use chaos stars as crossed swords (or banes, whichever is worst for the character), it gives the chaos stars more versatility and puts them more on equal terms with the comets.