Even more Custom YT-1300's

By ZombieHedgehog, in X-Wing

I have come to the conclusion she will look smoother with the dish removed and just a cap plate put over the circular fixture.....

Not a problem, I'll get rid of the dish.

Papamambo: I'll see what I can do to get a guide together for how I convert falcons. They're pretty simple to do, I tend to just follow the lines of the model and I just use a standard knife, it just takes a while to cut as the plastic is quite thick in places.

The circular stand the dish sits on comes off as well.. it is just tacked in by the wash, and has 2 little tabs that go into the hul.. it would be easy to pry off.. I used a saw to cut one and noticed how it was held in...

Awesome awesome awesome! Can't wait to see it finished!

I´m not too sure whether I like this particular model YT, but I do love the way you show us how the process is taking place, I almost think I could do this too, just almost... I will await the result impatiently and make a final judgement then ;-)

I quite like the oota goota modifications, I wasn't sure how easy it would be to carry out the conversion work. Fortunately I received a Dremel which really helped with cutting out the rear section. I'm enjoying building this custom as it is different to other my othe customs.

I'll be working on this ship again today and will post progress photos later. Hoping to get a lot done so you can see more or less how the finished shop will look.

Can't wait to see the progress. I think the only thing that would make it better is if it was coming to my house afterwards! LOL

Small update:

photo3_zps9e0a600d.jpg

photo2_zps97beb782.jpg

photo1_zps02a9c968.jpg

photo_zps7ecd5704.jpg

I think the shape of the cockpit is coming along. I'm using Plasticard for the main structure and will finish the details with green stuff. Once I receive my plastic tubing/rod I will be able to get to work I on the rest of the engines. I think the next step is to start working on the detailing around the base of the engines and the space where the cockpit was originally.

Wow! Coming along nicely!

Nice looking work!

ZH - are you making stats for each type of ship you make? Your deck box is going to be more like a deck drawer. Don't forget that each model needs unique characters. ;) May the force be with you.

Looking very, very sweet

ZH - are you making stats for each type of ship you make? Your deck box is going to be more like a deck drawer. Don't forget that each model needs unique characters. ;) May the force be with you.

Unfortunately I haven't made any any specific cards yet but Pete has already started with a card for the Oota Goota. I've also seen a card for the YT-2400 but I'll get round to putting a card or two together.

I'll put the card up in the next few days, a few adjustments to be made to it.

I've managed to get some time to work on the oota goota. I have added detail around the engine area and filled the gap which was left by moving the cockpit. I've managed to get the majority of the free stuff work completed so the cockpit is looking more like how it should. Just having to wait for the green stuff to cure then I can continue to work on this project. Hoping that this won't take too much longer to complete so I can start on the paint:

photo4_zps144c86de.jpg

Only just realised I don't have a direct shot of the rear panels that have had details added, I will post an update tomorrow now.

photo3_zpsd2494b61.jpg

photo2_zps82d21a74.jpg

photo1_zps5aff337d.jpg

Edited by ZombieHedgehog

This is really looking superb. The whole thing is going to look so sweet.

Can't wait to see her with full engines :-)

I assume the top weapons turret is going back on?

Edited by Englishpete

Holy cow that's amazing work!

Edited by JeremyBarnhill

Update with a pic of the rear of the ship.

photo_zps3771a0fd.jpg

Mr. Hedgehog,

you are a genius. Can't wait to get my hands on this and fly it at my LGS......

I was showing a few folks at the Store Championship Saturday who were blown away.

This is going to look so awesome flying with 2 B-Wings :-)

So, before I create a whole card for this magnificent ship I wanted to run some ideas by you folks.

I am thinking I want this ship to be fast as it's sleek look suggests so I am thinking of a YT-1300 dial with boost built in to the action bar.

Next, I want her to feel like she was modified for speed so she will have ORS Hull and Shields at 6/4 not the Falcon stats.

In keeping with being a speedster I want her to have 3 primary attack but not on a turret and I think I like her with 2 AGI, again, built for evasion.

The action bar would be TL, Focus and Boost

The Upgrade Bar would be Adv. Sensors, 2 x Crew, 2 x Missiles., Cannon

This whole setup I am thinking is 35pts for PS3

I'd also set up a PS 5 and 7 with an Elite Pilot Talent at 37 and 39.

Thoughts?

Edited by Englishpete

My only issue is the lack of turrets. If you go back to page 3 of this thread you'll see her weapon loadout is 2 fire linked laser cannons mounted on a turret and a blaster cannon also turret mounted. She was built for speed but not for cargo capacity and her hyperspace speed is on par with the Falcon. As for real space speed I'd say the boost would be a good idea. Personally I'd rather see her with the turret but without the punch of missiles.. everything else looks good.

Edited by Papamambo

I like the argument you put forward. I think the turret might be a winner and drop the missiles. Would you go with 3 attack like the Falcon, or three forward arc and select a turret from those available s an upgrade bar option?

I was thinking, if you are trying to make it not feel like the falcon, maybe use the firespray's aft arc instead of the falcons full 360. May not best represent he fluff, but it would make it distinctive.

I wonder if it might be interesting to use the standard ORS profile, but upgrade the action bar to have Boost, the Upgrade Bar to have Systems and make Agi 2 instead of one.

That way she is based on a stock YT, but is unique in the same way the Falcon is but isn't overpowered with maneuverability and firepower both.

Well, I think of the Falcon as the 'pinnacle' - the gold standard if you will. It was modified to be fast, take a beating and deal out a lot of hurt while trying to get away. I think the Oota Goota might be as fast but shouldn't have the same hull and shield ratings that the Falcon has. So in that regard the OR would probably be right. I also think that maybe a 2 attack rating on the turret might be alright. She's built for speed not combat. The 2 agility might be a good idea as it could be a counter to its lack of punch. And I still like your idea about the boost action..