Other Games Workshop Games That FFG Should do

By REWaters, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Curse of the Mummy's Tomb is a natural for consideration. They should be doing this game post-haste. I love board games with roleplaying elements and it would be nice for this game to get a redux.

I don't see it making sense for FFG to do a Warhammer Quest reprint when they have Descent -- a wonderful dungeon crawl game -- which already fills that niche quite well.

Since FFG shows tendencies to venture into LCG interpretations of the GW licences (Invasion) and since the Sabretooth Games also used to publish a long lasting WH40k themed CCG (in both; Horus Heresy and Dark Millennium), after seeing this http://www.spacemarine.com/#/en/trailers/ in the pipelines (knowing how much FF is trying to tie the Invasion with the WH Online), would it be safe to assume we'll see a 40k themed LCG as well?

I honestly hope these connections make sense to someone else as well. :)

(I can imagine a conceptual mix between Invasion and CoC, where both players have a home planet, but capturing "neutral" planets in the middle of the table gives you additional resources, card draws, etc. A new set of planets could be printed every now and then (like with CoC story cards) and the organised play could in turn dictate which planets to play in a campaign-style events).

What about a expansion for descent called "Warhammer quest" happy.gif

I want a revamp Warhammer quest so bad!

(sorry for my bad english)

Mistersam; Check out Ganesha Games' Song of Gold and Darkness. I think you might like it, as one reviewer on BBG states; "In terms of feel, SGD feels more like the often revered Warhammer Quest (without the messy record keeping or mucking about with overworld travel) than other skirmish games like (the somewhat videogame-style) Descent, even though the latter is more similar from a technical standpoint."

Don't do Warhammer Quest. I don't see the point. You've already got Descent. IMHO a superb dungeon crawler on par with Warhammerquest.

I'd like to see Battlefleet Gothic in a better and newer version than the original. It plays fast, is exciting and has a format open to expansions.

While I realize that the licensing agreement between GW and FFG explicitly states that Space Hulk is not included, I think that the recent popularity of Space Hulk has shown should cause FFG to revisit their agreement with GW.

What I mean by that is that GW has stated in print in a few sources that they will not be supporting Space Hulk in the future. Its shame that GW made Space Hulk to be a limited edition game, but since GW do not have any current plans of releasing the game as a general consumption product so that people who did not jump on the bandwagon immediatly can still buy it in the futur. I think FFG should go for a Space Hulk License to not only reproduce the 3rd edition of Space Hulk (with models provided by GW, naturally) but FFG should also produce supplements for Space Hulk.

The supplements could be a good money maker for FFG as there are MANY tiles that GW produced for Space Hulk over the years that were not reprinted in 3rd edition. FFG could treat this in the same way as most of their other games, ala Arkham Horror, etc where expansions are released intermittently.

People who own 3rd ed Space Hulk are clamoring for more content than merely the 12 missions that the 3rd ed includes. GW has wasted the potential for supporting the game in the future. If GW doesnt want to make money from it, perhaps if an agreement could be struck between FFG and GW then FFG would like to make some cash. GW would only benefit from this because they wont have to do anything other than provid models (their forte) and license.

Everyone wins in this situation.

Jhamin said:

And didn't they already do their own version of Warhammer Quest? It was called Descent: Road to Legend. cool.gif

no, Warhammer Quest was full coop

I'd like so see GorkaMorka or something similar done to be honest as a sort of cardstock card game. Make it so that you can "build" vehicles by slotting various pieces together (similar to the Wizkids constructable card games) and then doing your thing.

Something rules lite, but heavy on the carnage and craziness (perhaps a Silver Line Game?).

Definitely would need the mag-blast optional rule of having to yell "Dakka Dakka Dakka", "Vrooom" and the like

Other than that... perhaps a Warhammer Quest clone for the 40k universe? Perhaps something to tie in with Dark Heresy (thinking an inquisitors retinue having to infiltrate a chaos coven)

I would love to see Adeptus Titanicus again someday. Was too young and had not enuff moola to get that at the time it came out. That game has sooo much potential to tie in with Epic 40K, which could also do with a revamp! Perhaps even Spacefleet!

My thoughts,

Adrian

Personally, I'd like to see an Inquisitor/Dark Heresy board game.

Blood Bowl!!

Can i put a vote in for a Battle Fleet Gothic style game. Not BFG as i feel FF may not want to support all those expensive miniatures, but i'm sure that there is a weird middle ground for either a ship on ship or statigic level board game along those lines, even a card game where pick your ship, add weapons etc , you lay out manouvers, (I remeber a really clever wrestling board game that used cards for manouvers etc) attacks and fighterwings as attack cards etc.

It really brings up the question where to draw the line between GW and FFG... The line was easy with Rogue Trader, WFRP and so on, but latest with Chaos in the old world and Horus Heresy those lines get blurry... If you want to draw it further I would also opt for things like Blood Bowl, Gorka Morka or perhaps even Mordheim... Thinking about Gorka Morka, perhaps FFG can borrow some ideas from Vlaada Chvatil and his "Galaxy Trucker" for that...

Greetings from Hell

Lucifer

Warlock - the game of dueling wizards! a real classic and forerunner to all the card games that came afterwards

Curse of the Mummy's Tomb would definitely be wicked.

IMO, one the best possible things FFG could do with the GW Warhammer partnership...

Warhammer Quest, FULLY Co-op and/or Solo or with a GM. But, as WHQ was, make this an introduction game to WH FRP 3E!! I don't know why this didn't happen close to release of WH FRP 3. But, like D&D, these intro boxed sets are wonderful for collectors and people interested in jumping into the game.

What do you do about the Minis? Well...I think you have to go with the the many standees that have all ready been issued for WH FRP 3E, don't you agree?

Cons: You would likely be directly competing with the Decsent System. How do you get around that one. I'm not a fan of the Runebound genre of games, but I understand it is a big money maker for FFG and has a very loyal following.

I personally would NOT want FFG to redo Warhammer Quest (even though i doubt they would with Descent around): The quality in Space Hulk 3rd Ed. is clearly on an higher level than FFG would put out - nothing against FFG, but some games I think are better if made by GW. Warhammer Quest would be one. But above any other remake, I want Warhammer Quest, so of course i want it to be done in the highest quality possible.

That being said, FFG did an amazing job on Horus Heresy. With that success, I'd very much like to see them do Battle For Armegeddon, Doom of the Eldar, MAYBE even a much more self-contained version of Man-O-War...

What I would REALLY like to see from FFG is a WH40K board game based around the Inquisition: Ordo Malleus (Daemonhunters), Ordo Xenos (Deathwatch), & Ordo Hereticus (Sisters of Battle) gran_risa.gif all with their own agendas, trying to exterminate various heretic Imperial Guard Legions & Zenos like Orcs, Eldar, Tyranids, etc....a la area control & objective-based game - similar to Chaos in the Old World. This part of WH40K seems too good to be limited access by either tons of money for miniatures or tons of time for RPGs...

I put a post in the dark heresy about wanting a warhammer invasion style 40k game with 2-6 players

I would love to see a 40k card game and a mordheim kind of tactics game, so want to make one myself

Warhammer Quest is the one I really want. Manowar would be nice. Tried it out and it's fun, but that is very miniature intensive. Warhammer quest could be done with pictures on plastic stands. Just need to take all of the info from the various treasure packs and Deathblow and white dwarf magazines. Put it together into a format where you can find the information. Release sets for the higher than level 1 monsters or something. As compared to Descent. It's faster to play. I'm not sure if Descent lets you carry over the same character. But for Warhammer Quest it's easy to do.

The game itself doesn't need to be fixed much apart from the objective room where you simply roll dice for a 13 and a lack of digging out of cave ins and the inability to heal damage to movement. My gaming group is enjoying playing warhammer quest with the set I bought way back when it was first out. The biggest problem that we have with it is the avialiability of new parts that I don't have. They redid space hulk as a card game. Worst case do the same for warhammer quest.

A self contained board game. Spacefleet. ;)

I asked about more GW IP including older board games at the Flight Report at Gen Con Indy this year and the answer was basically "Keep watching the website".

How easy would it be to do Tannhauser style with Inqusitor or Mordheim soooooo easy if you ever played the new rules Tannhauser you can just see the possibilities open

Oooh! I'll add a vote for Blood Royale! Awesome game and really a nice mechanic but crippled by a lack of balance and really ambiguous rules. I'm sure FFG would be able to do it justice!